TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rory Sabbatini....still an a-hole?

JBones

With Rory Sabbatini currently sitting on top of the leaderboard at the Honda Classis, I figured it was a good time to bring this up.  He was the most hated man on the PGA Tour for a long time.  He has berated volunteers, got in arguments with fellow Tour players on course, left Ben Crane behind due to slow play, and gotten into it with fans on and off the course.  This begs the question........is he still the biggest douche on Tour?  If he isn't, who is?

Patrick Reed

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My wife and I had dinner with Sabbatini and his wife in La Quinta a few years ago at the Humana.  Not actually together... They were at the next table.  Seemed nice enough in that setting, and I suppose it's tough on these guys going out in public and being recognized.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't know him nor have I ever seen any of the negative things I've heard about him. I just don't have any first hand knowledge or opinion I guess.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My daughter and I were almost hit by his ball during the practice round at Wells Fargo a coupme years ago, she went and got it, and was going to give it to him, and he said keep it, so I was like, can you come over and at least sign it for her, he did, he also signed her hat, a rickie fowler puma hat. I think he has lessened his attitude over the least few years, the biggest a... Is Tiger. Second Bubba,(he is trying to change that)

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I forgot about vijay, cannot stand that idiot

Not sure about Vijay himself but his caddy is an awesome guy! Ive had dinner with him quite a few times and he's hooked up some hard to come by signatures for me.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Has Pat Perez mellowed out over the past couple of years?

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I can't stand Sabbatini. Every time I see his smug face my blood pressure goes up. The last straw for me was the ben crane incident. Of course you have that ridiculous hat too.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

The hat is to help protect him from the sun. He has a skin condition.

A lot of golfers have skin conditions. They are out in the sun all year. Proper sunscreen and a hat works just fine.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Patrick Reed

Same here. I can understand being confident in yourself but to go out and say you are a top 5 player on the world with only a couple of tourneys under your belt.....rubs me the wrong way and even a little bit disrespectful to the others players

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Same here. I can understand being confident in yourself but to go out and say you are a top 5 player on the world with only a couple of tourneys under your belt.....rubs me the wrong way and even a little bit disrespectful to the others players

I have mixed feelings about Patrick Reed, so I will not judge him yet.  He is a good player, but inconsistent.  He needs to improve in some areas, but with his confidence and attitude of "I'm a top 5 player", he may get there.  I don't think it's disrespectful to other players.  They all have to think they are good enough to win on tour or they wouldn't be out there.  It's one thing to say that and back it up, but another when you say it and can't pull it off... remember Sabbatini saying he was better than Tiger?

When I think back to the Jack, Arnie, Player, and Trevino days, I don't think it was any different.  The young guys coming up were gunning for the guys that were established.  One way to get an edge is to brag, but only if you can back it up!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't remember seeing an interview with any of the guys you just mentioned coming out and saying anything like Reed did. I think it's because maybe inside they felt like they were the best but had enough respect for the rest of the field to not come out and say it. He's undoubtedly a good player but I think he needs to establish himself a lot more before saying stuff like that. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

On the flip side, however, most of these guys have indeed "established" themselves all throughout their careers.

How many NCAA champs or All Americans jump to the top of the board and we say, "who the heck is that?"

It's kinda sad how their pedigrees get tossed aside. Anyone on tour has had a pretty prolific golf life/career even if the media doesn't show it.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

A lot of golfers have skin conditions. They are out in the sun all year. Proper sunscreen and a hat works just fine.

You don't realize how much damage you are doing because we're out here for an extended period of time,” said Sabbatini, who in 2010 had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from his face.

I think it was very minor surgery but officially it was still diagnosed as cancer. I don't like the guy but I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy.

Archived