Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Bryan Skavnak's US Kid's Golf Kickstarter Nears Its Goal!

GolfSpy Barbajo

My friend, author and Golf Pro Bryan Skavnak's Kickstarter program to be able to distribute copies of his book "Happy Golf Starts Here" to 20,000 kids/families taking part in this summer's US Kids Golf program ends today - and he's closing in on his goal - only about $500 left to go!!

Wanted to share this email I received from Bryan this morning - it tells you a lot about what kind of guy he is and what he's trying to do.  I'm kinda glad to be his friend!

Since my mom died, I've done a lot of remembering.

Life is not about the stuff.  It's not about the accomplishments.  It's not about the promotions.  It's not about the golf score.  It's not about impressing others.

It's about stories.  It's about moments.  It's about people.

It's about happy people.

It's about figuring out why.

And that's the ultimate foundation.

Because people like my mom, the happy people, are the ones that you want to be around.  They are the ones who can teach you without discouraging.  They are the ones who pump you up when things aren't going your way.  They are the ones who influence you.  They are your mentors, your leaders, and your role models.

They are your Daddy Caddies and your Happy Golfers.

My mom prepared me (and my family) so well throughout her life, that her dying wasn't a miserable moment.  She was special.  She was happy.  And she spread that happiness to others.

And now I'm able to share that happiness with kids across the country.

Because of you.

But a few years ago, my life changed.  Not because of that tragic event, but because I made a choice to do something different.  I wanted to help more.  I wanted to do something that encouraged you, made you happier, and challenged you.

And in those 871 words, my life became a mission.  A mission that's bigger than golf.  A mission that's bigger than just me.

I didn't know it at the time.  But now it's clear.

My mission is to spread happiness.

And I'm glad you're with me.

Life has ways of making you buck up.  Life has ways of making you take charge of your actions and saying enough is enough.

Enough of the lack of self confidence.  Enough of the fear. 

Enough of thinking, but not doing. 

Enough of kids being mean to each other.  Enough of the fights and arguments.  Enough of people being unhappy.  

If you're like me, you're sick and tired of the negativity, you're sick of the complaining, you're sick of the blame.

Enough of being scared to share the real you.

Your vulnerability is what connects you to other people.

We don't have to go through life being unhappy.

There is a better way to live.  There is real happiness all around us.  We just can't be scared to go get it.

This isn't a just golf thing.  This isn't just a kids thing.  This isn't just a family thing.

This is an us thing.

It's our time to be happy.

We're in this thing together.  And we have a job to do.

I use golf as my stage to spread this message.  The message of happiness.  The message of stronger relationships, deeper connections, and lasting memories.

It starts with us.  We need to be stronger for our kids.  We need to be more courageous for our families.  We need to stick up for our co-workers.  We need to smile more, laugh more, love more, care more, and help more. 

We need to crush the fear, answer the big questions, and embrace perspective.

You have the set of instructions.  But remember, there are rules.  And there are no rules.  Take the pieces you need to build something great.

It's our time. 

Join me and the other happy people.  Let's show them that we can be happy.

Let's spread happiness to other people.

Let's be helpful.

Let's make use of our talents.

Let's create what makes us smile.

Let's be the happy ones.

It's our time.

My mom was the epitome of happiness.  Before she died, she looked at me and said, "We had a good run, didn't we?"

We're still running, mom. 

We're just getting started.

Talk soon,
Bryan

If you're so inclined - here's the link to give Bryan a hand.  Thanks!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Update ---

He made it!  Reached the $22,000 mark just a few minutes ago, so this is going to happen.  Congrats Bryan!!!

skavnak.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Great News!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived