Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

My first hero......

Bogey in The Woods

SO i will freely admit that I am a geek. I grew up watching Star Trek. I actually could recite the prologue to the show (Space, the final frontier......) before I could recite the Pledge of Alliegence.

When i was in elementry school, i had my mother drive all over San Angelo to find me one of those cheap plastic suit costumes with the cheesy plastic mask that was held on with a rubber band. Everyone had Kirk, no one had Spock. My mother will tell you with great irritation that she had to go to 12 stores before i got my Spock costume.

I could sit here and tell old geek memories all day. Imstead, Leonard Nimoy(Spock) was my first real hero. As a kid, I didnt understand the difference between the actor and the role. Even when I did, Spock and Nimoy were still the same to me.

Last year at the tent sale at Golfsmith, my wife was diging through the bargain tubs (where I found 3 FootJoy, 2 Nike and 3 TaylorMade gloves for $3 a piece) and pulled out three head covers: Spock, Kirk and Scotty.

I thought they were kind of funny and enjoyed putting them in my bag. I would occasionally get comments from players when i was on the course.

2 weeks ago, I was the first person on the course at Bluebonnet Hill, a local course. Spock normally rides on my three wood, as he did that day. As i came to the 15th tee I reached for my three wood and noticed Spock wasnt at his post. A quick examination of the cart revealed he was, in fact, AWOL. Going back two holes to the last place I remember using my three wood turned up nothing.

At the end of the round, i stopped into the clubhouse and asked if Spock had found his way in. He hadn't. I was a little dissappointed. but at the time wasnt heartbroken.

When I heard Nimoy had passed away ythe other day, I first realized my first hero had died. A few seconds later i called back to Bluebonnet and inquired about Spock. He had been brought into the clubhouse minutes after I left.

I actually told my boss I had an emergency to deal with and left work to go get Spock. The guy in the clubhousewas happy I got him back and said he had been offered good money to sell Spock to others.

Spock is now home and has been retired from Active Duty service.

I will miss Leonard Nimoy. If any of you know where the Planet Genesis is, please let us know.

"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

--SPOCK

Spock.jpg

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Good ole San Angelo, I have been there in about 25 years, Goodfellow AFB. Man that is some memories.

Dr. Spock, I was always fun to watch those old Star Trek shows, brings back some good memories

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm of the age - Wrath of Khan is one of my favorite Sci Fi movies and I was sad to see Spock go.  My wife was devastated.  LLAP!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived