TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Suspended For Failing Drug Test?

GolfSpy Barbajo

What do we make of this?

East Lansing native and PGA pro Dan Olsen was on Mad Dog in the Morning Friday morning. He shared some inside hearsay from the links about Tiger Woods.

Olsen said insiders have told him that Tiger Woods is currently serving a suspension for failing a drug test. Olsen also went on to speak of Woods gaining an advantage by using untested equipment on the course.

Olsen said Woods will be remembered as the Lance Armstrong of golf. Hear the interview above.

Read More: PGA Golfer Dan Olsen: Tiger Woods Suspended For Failed Drug Test | http://thegame730am.com/pga-golfer-dan-olsen-says-tiger-woods-is-armstrong-of-golf/?trackback=tsmclip

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

And Tiger's team is already on the job...says it's all BS.

Former PGA Tour player: Tiger Woods suspended for drug test failure

BY Golf News Net | 
on March 2, 2015 

Dan Olsen, who has made 35 career PGA Tour starts and was an exempt player for the 2004 season, made the claim Friday on radio station WVFN to host David DeMarco.

“I've heard that he's on a month(-long) suspension,” Olsen said, claiming the information came from “exempt Tour players.” Olsen said Woods did not test positive for testosterone but for “something else.”

Olsen continued, “I think when it's all said and done, he's going to surpass Lance Armstrong in infamy.”

Woods' agent Mark Steinberg released a statement to Golf News Net, saying, â€œThese claims are absolutely, unequivocally and completely false. They are unsourced, unverified and completely ridiculous. The PGA Tour has confirmed that there is no truth to these claims.”

A PGA Tour media official declined to comment on Olsen's allegations.

The Michigan-based pro added he believes Woods was faking the back tightness that Woods cited in withdrawing from the Farmers Insurance Open after just 11 holes.

Olsen, whose last PGA Tour start was the 2011 PGA Championship, also made several wild accusations concerning Woods' golf ball, incorrectly identifying dates during which Woods made changes in the ball he uses. Olsen alluded to comments made by Golf Channel analyst Frank Nobilo concerning the advantage he felt Woods had in 2000 (not 1998 or 1999 as Olsen claimed) in switching to Nike's first solid-core golf ball. After switch in May 2000, Woods went on to win the final three majors that year, just before Titleist introduced its Pro V1.

Further, Olsen claimed Rory McIlroy wanted out of his Nike contract if he couldn't have access to the same ball as Woods.

Switching subjects, Olsen also claimed PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem personally visited Dustin Johnson's home twice in an effort to help the pro with his “personal challenges” before a six-month leave of absence from golf that ended in February. Johnson has disputed a Golf.com report saying he was suspended for that half-year period because of a failed drug test under the Tour's anti-doping program.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well, this is what the world has finally come to. Any athlete, form any sport, with any amount of success now has to deal with doping accusations. I highly doubt that any type of drug would help a golfer. Oh sure, he might hit it longer but that won't account for touch and feel around the greens and putting. Hey, it MIGHT be true. Nobody would have guess what he did behind his wife's back. It's just ridiculous without any proof. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Nothing but stories like this can come of the tour's doping testing program. Basically one or two people hold the reins and can rule in secret how they see fit. 

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

After listening to the interview, I thought it was irresponsible "journalism" to even broadcast it. It was all hearsay, conjecture and opinion. It may be accurate in the end. But as of now, there were no facts presented. That's slippery ground leaving them open for a lawsuit if it's proven false. Either way, I don't think much of anyone who would say those things publicly to defame someone without actual evidence to prove it.

With kenny on this one.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Who knows and yes this is what the sport's world has come to.

There is a piece of evidence that has selectively been ignored and that is the fact that Tiger and ARod shared the same personal physician and that this physician was arrested for having banned substances brought into the US.

It does not mean that Tiger is or was guilty of PED use but it was a curious choice for Doctors on his part.  It may just be a sign of bad judgment on his part (ARod was already in hot water when Tiger sought Gallena out.)

For now Tiger's decision to skip events to recover from his injuries and get his game together seem way more plausible than the suspension accusation. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The entire interview has since been retracted by Olsen.

Modern hearsay foxnews suspicion-mongering pseudo-journalism at its worst.   We do everyone cited an injustice by commenting on this non-story further.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

And so once again because of a bogus story the real one gets ignored and the question of the connection between Tiger and Galena goes unexplored.

Doesn't that disturb anyone?

I'm more a Tiger fan than not but that association has always perplexed and troubled me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

A beta blocker could possibly increase performance by keeping the heart rate down. I was told that steroids can target fast twitch muscle fibers if the correct types and training are combined. I hope it's false, but even if it's not, Tiger is still human and mistakes are inevitable. The sad fact is people will say he cheated until it's proven that he didn't. We need to go back to innocent until proven guilty instead of the opposite

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

If it were true, with all of his struggles right now, wouldn't he be using them now? It's bs and we all know it. Just another jealous wannabe who couldn't keep his tour card shooting off his mouth for attention. Sad world we live in...

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

In the fire service we have a saying, FTM-PTB. F*** the mutts, protect the brothers. I stand firmly against the use of PEDs or any other type of drug, but I'm willing to bet professional golf has some type of fraternal thought process that would be similar. I've never heard of this Olsen guy, but in my eyes he is a piece of trash. The men come first, going to the media with rumors is lower than low. By trying to make himself relevant, I hope that he has successfully ruined his own life in golf.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

On Monday, Olsen backed off his claims.

"Everything I said on that radio interview was only my opinion and not based on any firsthand knowledge or facts,"Olsen said to ESPN "I want to make a full retraction to everything I said for the entire radio interview, and I apologize to Tiger, Nike, Phil [Mickelson], [commissioner] Tim Finchem and the PGA Tour."

This just in, Olsen is apparently a lying sack of crap.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

This just in, Olsen is apparently a lying sack of crap.

Of course I say this with no firsthand knowledge or facts.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I hope he and station get sued. When I listened to it, I couldn't believe anyone would be fool enough to air it. Olsen is scum for making the claims based on "I heard....", and how stupid to put the guy on the air at all with that.

We may eventually find out there is some truth to it, who knows? But to throw around those kind of accusations with no actual knowledge is wrong. He deserves to be dragged into court for that.

everyone in the IL section knows Olsen is an idiot. Always has been and always will be. Glad to hear him on the radio though. It caused quite a hilarious thread on the IPGA Section FB page retelling famous Olsen idiotic moves. Used to be a good player, always been an idiot though.

Archived