TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bubba Watson Withdraws From Arnold Palmer Invitational

ACcustomX

ORLANDO, Fla. – Bubba Watson has withdrawn from this week's Arnold Palmer Invitational after the death of a close childhood friend.

Watson's manager Jens Beck said in an email Wednesday that Watson's friend died unexpectedly Tuesday night and that Watson has chosen to attend the funeral and pay his respects.

Kevin Kisner has taken Watson's spot in the field at Bay Hill. He will be a part of the 8:11 a.m. ET featured group along with Adam Scott and Brooks Koepka.

It is the second year in a row that Watson has withdrawn from Palmer's event. Last year, he shot 83 in the first round and withdrew because of allergies.

Watson's absence is a significant blow for the Arnold Palmer Invitational, which boasted each of the top-five players in the Official World Ranking.

One of the favorites for the upcoming Masters, Watson, ranked No. 2, was not scheduled to play the two upcoming events in Texas. It was not immediately known whether his plans will change before Augusta.

In five starts this season, Watson has a victory (WGC-HSBC Champoins) and no finish worse than 14th. He is coming off a solo third at Doral.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Just saw that and posted in the AP thread.  Sad news.

Also check your fantasy lineups if you had him picked for this week.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Sorry to hear that Bubba won't be playing....But it just shows his strong Family Values......very proud of him.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Its sad there's even the media connotation that he is "avoiding" the event. His friend died. He's going to a funeral.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Not much of a Bubba fan here but I respect him putting friends/family over golf.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Most if not all of these professional golfers would do this, it's great to see that family and friends come first, always. Its also great to see Bubba do this since he gets a lot of negative publicity

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've always been a Bubba fan and this just goes further to solidify why that is.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Archived