Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

crap, elbow surgery...

Sluggo42

Sorry to hear about your suffering !

Remember to find a good surgeon, and a good Occupational Therapist.  Your surgeon will put it back together but your O.T will be the one to help you get back to health.

I had a bad accident last year with compounded fracture in my left forearm close to the wrist.  My surgeon said the X-ray showed 20+ pieces and a severed triceps.  And a badly bruised right ankle ( bone bruise if there is such thing ).

Anyway after the surgery with two titanium plates and screws plus 3 stables to hold the triceps, I under went physical therapy for 4 months.  Started the 3rd day of my surgery.

I was lucky to have both a great orthopedic hand surgeon and a great Occupational Therapist.  The O.T. asked me what was my goal at the first visit, I answered to be able to play golf again...... I am very grateful that they had helped me along the way of recovery.

I had only got on the golf course 3 times this year, got my first birdie after the surgery on the second time out.  I will need a little more time to get close to 90% recovered but, I'm not complaining, it's only been 8 months.

Hope you will also get back to the swing soon, just sucks when the season is about to begin for the year.

Good luck !

Archived