TESTERS WANTED! ×

Get a Grip! - What's Your Preference

GolfSpy Barbajo

Lots of talk here about new grips recently -- what do you have for favorites? Brands? Styles? Do you like the "Special Edition" grips? Is being able to customize colors important?  

Have some favorites -- I like Lamkin's Crossline, UTx and CrossLine Full Cord grips, and Golf Pride's MutliCompounds, Tour Velvets and Full Cords.  Pure's are a favorite, as well.  I don't like wraps at all - they just don't feel right to me.  I've tried leather grips - just couldn't get the feel of them, but may give them another go when it's time to regrip...

grips.jpg

Blue Pure is on an old Hogan Hybrid I resifted with an XCalibre - awesome club! The Tour Velvet is on my Nike Vapor Pro Combo set and the GP Full Cord is on a set of Wilson FG Tour V4's -- I like those grips the best, I think...they just feel right in my hands. 

What say you guys??

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Lamkin Mid-size Crossline seems to be the grip I keep coming back to.  As other grips wear out, that's what I'm replacing them with.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've played quite a few different Lamkins, and all were nice. They just didn't hold up through an entire season.

Switched to PURE's 3 seasons ago and haven't looked back.  I play the PURE Pro and it's the best grip I've ever used.  Easily makes it through a season and on some wedges I've used them over 2 seasons and still tacky.  I came for the color choices, but stayed for the performance and durability.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've played quite a few different Lamkins, and all were nice. They just didn't hold up through an entire season.

Switched to PURE's 3 seasons ago and haven't looked back.  I play the PURE Pro and it's the best grip I've ever used.  Easily makes it through a season and on some wedges I've used them over 2 seasons and still tacky.  I came for the color choices, but stayed for the performance and durability.

Absolutely!!  Had the PURE Pros on my clubs for over a year and they were still tacky.  However, I pulled them off last month and put on the Pure DTX because I always liked the Golf Pride NDMC feel and wanted to give them a try.  They feel rough but soft, if that's possible.  I actually think they work better for me because I feel like I can grip the club with less pressure and still maintain control.  AND, because they are PURE grips put on with air and not tape, I can change them out if I want to in minutes.  I put the year old PURE Pros on my backup set and they are fine for this year.

I bought a set of customized PURE P2 Wrap (black with green lettering) and personalized as a present for my wife.  She prefers golf stuff for presents!  Nice, huh?  One-stop shopping for all our needs!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tried some Golf Pride Niion's last year -- didn't like them at all! Looked cool but they never did feel right for me.  On a somewhat related note, just ordered a SuperStroke with the counterbalance weight for my putter. Be interesting to see how this one works out...

JMB

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Golf Pride CP2 Wraps..

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I was a lifelong cordline fan until last year. When we were doing the prototypes for my irons my fitter used the Golf Pride tour Wraps. I liked them and the weight balanced out the clubs with what we were trying to do. I ended up changing all my clubs to this grip except the putter. On the putter I usually use an old school Maltby wrap grip. I have not had any slippage issue at all with them and it gets hot here in the summer and I do sweat a lot. I love the way they clean up with water and so far they have been on a year and are still tacky

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I love the lamkin rel ace grips. Actually need to order a set to regrip everything for the season.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Couldn't agree more.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I've been using the Iomic X-Grip for about 5 years.  They feel soft, but between the material and the texture, they're the "grippiest" grips I've ever used, even in the rain.  They feel a little soft, and they do wear a bit, but they never even started to feel slick.  I had them on for over 3 years, and only needed to buy new ones because I bought new clubs.  My only complaint is that as Iomic has added more grip varieties, they've cut down on the color choices.

Prior to the Iomics I've used GP New Decade, Tour Velvet Cord, and back even a few more years used Tour Wrap grips.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Have been using Lamkin REL 3gen. Trying out the White Lamkin Performance Plus midsize on the irons this year and the black REL 360 midsize on the woods. These grips wear and clean up well. Just wipe em' down with a damp towel, hit em' with a soft wire brush once in a while and they're tacki as ever. We'll see how the white holds up. But, for a $1.99 each at DTG I'll take the chance.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

I play GP multi-compound whiteouts on all my clubs but my wedges.  I prefer a softer tacky grip on the wedges and currently have Iomic 2.3's on the wedges.  I also undersize my grips a bit since I have the hands of an 8 year old school girl.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I like the Lamkin Crossline cords and the one BestGrips Microperf grip I have is starting to grow on me, may be picking up more possibly. I also like Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound grips but for me, they wear out too fast.

I liked the NDMC grips too, but their wearing out fast led me to the PUREs. I have the BG Microperf on my putter and see no reason to change. Nice feel.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Golf Pride Tour Wrap for me.  Ive always loved the feel of a wrap grip, even if some of the newer, multi compound grips would probably perform better in the heat, humidity and sweat of the summer.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Pure Pro midsize, but I might give the DTX in midsize a run and see if I like them.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

If I didn't have to buy them myself I would play Winn Oversize DriTacs. But they wear out so quickly I just can't do it.

I am playing the Pure Midsize wrap grips and even though I like them, I would prefer the Winn's for the feel.

I haven't tried the DTX's as I usually don't like a super firm grip, but they seem popular, I might have to.

I with Pure made an over sized grip as the midsize is still too small for my tastes, but I get by.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

I grew up with Leather wraps, then migrated to Velvet Cords during the 80's.....Recently I tried the GP Wraps on irons and the WINN Dritac for my Driver.  Last year I played Lamkin REL 3GEN's as they were on the Cobra Bio Cells(worked great throughout the Wet summer).....I have now changed my irons to Mizuno JPX800 Pro's & SCOR Wedges, so I replaced the stock grips with Pure P2 Wraps.  I got a deal on Amazon last Fall and I was interested in learning to do my own regripping.  The Pure grips came with the air compressor attachment, so I got an air compressor, a vise, a rubber shaft holder and a C Hook knife.  I have just finished the regripping process and can't wait to try out the Pure P2 Wraps (in blue of course).

IMG_1173.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I use GolfPride MCC midsize blackouts. I was using whiteouts (and my new build will be whiteouts as I got a deal on them) but I like the all black as the colors seem to get slick quicker.

Before that it was Lamkin Performance Plus 3gen midsize. They quit making them and I ran out of the dead stock I had or they'd still be what I use

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap for me.  Ive always loved the feel of a wrap grip, even if some of the newer, multi compound grips would probably perform better in the heat, humidity and sweat of the summer.

I have not had any problems with slippage at all with the Tour Wraps and it gets very hot and humid in South Carolina in the summer and I am a big guy and sweat a lot. I do keep them clean and dry though

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Lampkin cross lines are on all my clubs. Love them.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My newly regripped Pure's worked great....I got the Pure Logo a little off center, but I can adjust that.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Best Grips Microperfs for me. Love the tackiness. The low maintenance. Not having to regrip yearly, and the seam on the back makes an excellent spot to gauge a consistent grip through! I'm very pleased!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Archived