Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Gimmick or are they on to something?

hckymeyer

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got an email from Adidas talking about their new shoes.  They have come out with an asymmetrical shoe that is different for right handed vs left handed golfers.

All I've read so far is the press releases, but I'm at least curious.  The thought of having different shoes depending on which side of the ball you stand on has NEVER crossed my mind.  So just wondered what the opinions of the interwebs are on this idea.

Are they on to something?  Or is this just a gimmick and hyped up marketing?

"The first asymmetrical golf shoes reflect the radically different needs of each foot during a swing. They're as different from each other as they are from every other pair of golf shoes in the world."

http://adidasgolf.com/asym.html?icid=hp-h1-CTA2-asymPLP

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I can't help but think it's also April 1st.  Is this for real or are they pulling one over on us?

I can't help but think it's also April 1st.  Is this for real or are they pulling one over on us?

That was my first thought, but it's believable, right? I mean I could see the crazy golf marketing machine trying to sell lefty shoes.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Boy... Not real sure on this one. I've always looked at shoes as being a piece of equipment to get you from point a to point b comfortably for 18 holes or longer.

Proper footwork motion in the golf swing is purely lateral (side to slide) and unfortunately most gym shoes (think new golf shoes) are designed for heel toe motion which is horrible for the golf swing. If these shoes can aid golfers in the proper transfer of weight throughout their golf swing then I am all for it and wI'll be one of the first to buy!

Did you notice even in golf shoes lefties only get one color options while righties get two?

For $300/pair I'll take a pass.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Boy... Not real sure on this one. I've always looked at shoes as being a piece of equipment to get you from point a to point b comfortably for 18 holes or longer.

Proper footwork motion in the golf swing is purely lateral (side to slide) and unfortunately most gym shoes (think new golf shoes) are designed for heel toe motion which is horrible for the golf swing. If these shoes can aid golfers in the proper transfer of weight throughout their golf swing then I am all for it and wI'll be one of the first to buy!

My first thought was to lift the outside of the back foot to help keep people from moving their weight to the outside. But that would be no good at all for walking. So I'm thinking the only real difference from regular golf shoes is the different tread pattern. I really don't see that changing anything in someone's ability to make a good swing compared to the next golf shoe with good traction. I'm interested if there's anything different in the internal structure from the left to right shoe. Seemed like they only pointed out the tread pattern though, so I'm thinking not.

Pass

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

For $300/pair I'll take a pass.

This more than anything would scream April Fools to me, but... well... it's golf equipment.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Pass

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

As I posted in the A Sucker Born Every Minute? thread, I still think we need a "Sucker" emoticon for those times that we fall for something.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My first thought was to lift the outside of the back foot to help keep people from moving their weight to the outside. But that would be no good at all for walking. So I'm thinking the only real difference from regular golf shoes is the different tread pattern. I really don't see that changing anything in someone's ability to make a good swing compared to the next golf shoe with good traction. I'm interested if there's anything different in the internal structure from the left to right shoe. Seemed like they only pointed out the tread pattern though, so I'm thinking not.

You are correct. All they did was change the tread pattern. not really even worth $200 IMO

UH..........no

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

asym_01.jpg asym_02.jpg

These look pretty legit. The more we seem to learn about the swing with these new technologies the more I think we will see more products like this

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived