Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

TESTERS WANTED - SUPER STROKE TX1 GRIPS

JBones

Your handicap - 5.5 index

What grip you are currently playing - Mostly GP Multi Compound, but due for a change out.

How often you regrip your clubs - usually twice per year

Why you would be an awesome grip tester - I play over 150 rounds per year, 15-20 tournaments, in all kinds of weather.

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Your handicap - 13
  • What grip you are currently playing - golf pride multi compound
  • How often you regrip your clubs - 1-2 years, i go by feel so it varies a little
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - i have 2 left hands so i could provide insight you can't get anywhere else. And i talk a lot of golf so if i love them ill tell EVERYONE

Irons - Adams Idea A7 with plastic and paint stripped for sleek look

Wedges - anything Cleveland 52, 56, 60

Putter - ever changing, currently Rife Abaco 35in

3 wood - Adams speedline

Driver - TM R11S, stiff, 9.5

Ball - ProV1, Hex chrome, NXT Tour, Srixon Z star

HDCP - 13

Cincinnati, OH 

"9 birdies and 9 bogeys is a hell of a lot more fun than 18 pars"

Is it just me or is there an inordinate amount of first time posters in this contest? Lol maybe this is the norm and I've never noticed.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Your Handicap: 15

What Grip You're Currently Playing: Best Grips Microperf

How Often You Regrip Your Clubs: Never. Cool thing about leather. You don't have to replace them every season!

Why You a Would Be An Awesome Grip Tester: I love reviews. Have a good way with words and take plenty of pictures. Would love to contribute to the growth of the site, and am genuinely intrigued by the design of these grips. I have a unique perspective being that I've played a leather grip over the last two seasons, one that I feel is the tackiest I've ever experienced. So the competition will be stiff. I'm honest about my thoughts and am overall a pretty kickass guy! Haha. Oh, and I'm very particular about my grips.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Handi 5.5

Lamkin similar to your velvet

Twice to three times a year I replace grips

I would be a great tester because I need to have minus 1/64 grips which is a nucance to stretch or build up to normally when I find one consistent grip that fits my hand and allows easy application I stick with it until I read something like this. Love the super stroke putter grips and play enough rounds to get it in.

Handicap: +.5

Current Grip: Lamkin REL 3 GEN (Orange)

Regrip: 1 time a year

Why would I be a good tester: I play about 30 rounds half of which are tournaments.  Need a grip that will not get slick and will hold up and help me when I am under pressure.  I can take good photos, and give honest feedback.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Handicap: 4

Current Grip: Tour Velvet

Regrip: 1 time a year

Been in and around golf for more than 30 years.  I've worked in the business, taught in the business and sold in the business.  While my golf game isn't what it used to be, I'm definitely knowledgeable enough to be able to regrip my clubs myself and provide a  review of these new grips vs many others I've experienced throughout the years.

• Your handicap -> 5
  • What grip you are currently playing -> PureGrips
  • How often you regrip your clubs -> 2 times a year
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester -> I am very anal about build quality and performance.  Having done club work for myself and others I know what to look for in quality and performance.

Handicap: 14

Current golf grip I use: Trying out Golf Pride CP2 pro midsize. Like how the right hand is thicker without using wraps under the grip.

How often do I regrip: Once a year, unless I win these!

I would be an awesome tester: Because I like to tinker and experiment with different feels and styles to see what works best for me. I like the look of this grip and I have  a Super Stroke grip on my putter that I love.

Thanks for the chance to test them out and perhaps win them.

• Your handicap:   3
  • What grip you are currently playing: Golf Pride - New Decade Midsize
  • How often you regrip your clubs - Once a year, Twice if I play in a lot of excessive weather
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester: I know the manufacturers, I know the gripping process. I am a custom club maker and have tried all the new grips from Winn, Golfpride, and Lamkin already this year and have a good base of comparison and what the grip performance standard is for each type. I have a medium fast swing and I play shots with and without a glove in rain, heat, and cold. 

Handicap: 12

Current grip: Golf Pride multi

Regrip frequency:  usually twice per year

Good tester:  I have lovely hands - - - no, really!!  Live in Virginia where the humidity is pretty bad and my (lovely) hands sweat like crazy.  This would be a good test for these SS grips.  I play about 80-100 rounds per year, except during polar vortices.  I'm a lawyer, so I know how to write good.

Cobra R9 Driver, Titleist TS 2 5W, Mizuno 7 wood, PXG 3 hyb. Cobra One Length 5-PW, New Level 50 and 56 wedges, SeeMore Putter

Handicap: 11

Current Grips: Lamkin Crossline 3 GEN

Regrip: Yearly in the Spring

Great tester: I hit the range 3-5 times per week, so, my grips see plenty of use. I play in various conditions throughout the year. (Cold, hot, wet, humid) I play in the humid Eastern half of Kansas as well as the dry, windy Western half of the state. I ask a lot of my grips to help keep my grip relaxed so I have one less thing to worry about during my round of golf.

Thanks to MGS and Super Stroke for the opportunity. I love my Super Stroke putter grip. These grips would compliment it well.

:titelist-small: Pro V1
Srixon Z565 9* Miyazaki Mizore Stiff
:titelist-small: 915Fd  15* Diamana D+ 80g Stiff
:titelist-small:  718 T-MB 2 iron Kuro Kage 85g Stiff
:ping-small: i E1 4-9 Iron Dynamic Gold S300
:vokey-small:   SM7 46*,54* & 58*
:scotty-small: Select Newport 2, Matador Grip 

@justin_scheve

• Your handicap - 7.2

• What grip you are currently playing - Taylormade, Ping, Titlelist & Rexton
  • How often you regrip your clubs 2-3 times/yr.
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - Well, obviously I need some consistency in my grip choices.  ;-)  Currently using the grips that came with the clubs (were too new to change) except for the Rexton (wanted a midsize on the club).  I do my own regripping & have a ton of Black Widow grips I was going to install when ready.  I play 100+ rounds/yr and can give these grips a real test.  I have a spellchecker that keeps me somewhat in line and vaguely remember basic grammer.

Your Handicap - 18

What grip are you currently playing - winn

How often do you regrip your clubs - yearly

Why would you be an awesome grip tester - Well, with my awesome handicap my grips get tested quite well, sometime the club slips 10 to 20 yards.  See Rory's club slip into the lake a few weeks ago.  I need something that will  allow me to keep my grip and not SLIP out of my hands.  I think it would greatly impact my game. 

Also, if you have a Jordon Spieth swing for sale, I will take one of those

Handicap: 15

Currently playing: Stock Speedblade grips on irons, NDMC black out on wedges, SS Mid 2.0 Ryder Cup on putter

How often I regrip: Every couple of seasons, or as needed

Why I would make a great tester: I play NDMC on my wedges, and have been thinking of switching the grips on my irons to the same this coming season. I think it'd be great to test these SS grips and compare them to the NDMC, as I think these grips should be very comparable to them. I love the SS grip on my putter, and if these are grips do to my iron game what that grip did to my putting... well, watch out!

• Your handicap: 8.6
  • What grip you are currently playing: Pure Grips DTX, GP Tour Velvet Cord, GP New Decade MCC, GP Tour Wrap, Lamkin REL Ace 3rd Gen.
  • How often you regrip your clubs: Yearly
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester:  
  • There are several key reasons you should select me as a tester for the Super Stroke Grip project.  I travel around the country for work and have a few sets of clubs scattered across the US.  I regrip each of my iron sets yearly, I put new grips on the woods as necessary.  As you can see from the list above, I currently game a selection of the most popular, most innovative grips available. My primary set of clubs at home see's 90 rounds per year in the Seattle area.  They are a mix of GP New Decade MCC and Tour Velvet Cord grips.  In my Super Stroke review, I will offer a wide range of grip experience to compare the Super Stroke grips to.  
  • I have alluded to another reason you want me as a tester.  I have posted 17 scores since the March posting season began.  I have already posted scores in Seattle, North Carolina, and Bandon Dunes.  I put grips to the most extreme conditions imaginable, heavy rain, near freezing conditions, humidity, extreme heat.  I play 120 rounds a year.  I will put these grips to the test!  But that's not all, I have an excellent group of golf buddies, I will have them give these grips a try as well.  
  • Lastly, I am a huge GolfSpy fan.  Your reviews are amazing.  I have used Golf Spy to purchase the "Most Accurate Putter" on the market - I scored a pre-recall Ketsch and it's awesome.  I recently used the GolfSpy Most Wanted Driver rankings along with a fitting day at my club to purchase a BB Alpha 815 DBD.  I would love to be part of the best testing group in the industry.  
  • OK - I realize I sound like many of the other responders to this contest.  I have one more thing to offer you, Cash!  As soon as I press send, I am donating to GolfSpy to support independent golf equipment testing.  I am putting my money where my mouth is.  I am tired of the big mag's telling me that every product on the market earns a Gold Star.  GolfSpy puts golf equipment to the most thoughtful, realistic tests possible and therefore gives golfers everywhere the best information possible.  I want to be a part of that.
  • Pick me.
  •  

• Your handicap: 8.6
  • What grip you are currently playing: Pure Grips DTX, GP Tour Velvet Cord, GP New Decade MCC, GP Tour Wrap, Lamkin REL Ace 3rd Gen.
  • How often you regrip your clubs: Yearly
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester:  
  • There are several key reasons you should select me as a tester for the Super Stroke Grip project.  I travel around the country for work and have a few sets of clubs scattered across the US.  I regrip each of my iron sets yearly, I put new grips on the woods as necessary.  As you can see from the list above, I currently game a selection of the most popular, most innovative grips available. My primary set of clubs at home see's 90 rounds per year in the Seattle area.  They are a mix of GP New Decade MCC and Tour Velvet Cord grips.  In my Super Stroke review, I will offer a wide range of grip experience to compare the Super Stroke grips to.  
  • I have alluded to another reason you want me as a tester.  I have posted 17 scores since the March posting season began.  I have already posted scores in Seattle, North Carolina, and Bandon Dunes.  I put grips to the most extreme conditions imaginable, heavy rain, near freezing conditions, humidity, extreme heat.  I play 120 rounds a year.  I will put these grips to the test!  But that's not all, I have an excellent group of golf buddies, I will have them give these grips a try as well.  
  • Lastly, I am a huge GolfSpy fan.  Your reviews are amazing.  I have used Golf Spy to purchase the "Most Accurate Putter" on the market - I scored a pre-recall Ketsch and it's awesome.  I recently used the GolfSpy Most Wanted Driver rankings along with a fitting day at my club to purchase a BB Alpha 815 DBD.  I would love to be part of the best testing group in the industry.  
  • OK - I realize I sound like many of the other responders to this contest.  I have one more thing to offer you, Cash!  As soon as I press send, I am donating to GolfSpy to support independent golf equipment testing.  I am putting my money where my mouth is.  I am tired of the big mag's telling me that every product on the market earns a Gold Star.  GolfSpy puts golf equipment to the most thoughtful, realistic tests possible and therefore gives golfers everywhere the best information possible.  I want to be a part of that.
  • Pick me.
  •  

Welcome Jake!  Glad to see another PNW golfer on the forum, even if you are on the wet side.  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Your handicap - 10.1
  • What grip you are currently playing - Winn Duratech
  • How often you regrip your clubs - about every 1.5 seasons
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - I play a lot and have very sweaty hands (hence the duratech grips).  I was playing the Dry-tac which I prefer for tackiness but they are too soft.

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

Handicap - 5 (went up a bit)

Current Grips - Iomic Sticky on Metals and Irons, No1 on Wedges, Pure grips on my back-ups

Gripping Frequency - 6 to 12 months as needed

Why would I be an awesome tester - Because I have done it before in your forum. I have tested a lot of grips. I do not wear a glove and play in hot humid conditions. However, in all honesty I would probably only do 2 clubs, an iron and Driver.

Handicap: 10.3

Current Grips: Winn Dry Tac Wrap

Griping Frequency: ~12 months. Have regrouping station in garage, makes it easy!

Why would I be an awesome tester: feel is a big part of my game. Being able to discern the difference in materials and their impact on flight is important to me. Look and feel are key.

Ok here goes:

Your handicap - 8

What grip you are currently playing - Lamkin iLine

How often you regrip your clubs - twice a year

Why you would be an awesome grip tester - for one I'm a lefty so I can determine if the other hemisphere wears faster (probably not but It wouldn't be a thorough test if we didn't try :)

And I'll have a new set of RSI TP to throw these on.

Handicap - 0

Current Grip - Lamkin UTX Midsize

Regrip - once a year

Why I would be  a great tester - I hit a ton of balls ( and I do mean range balls ) and play at least once if not twice a week. I wear holes in my glove on my thumb and need to see if these grips maybe would save me some money on gloves.

Handicap - +1

Current grip - mix between new decade multis and standard tour velv

How often I regrip - once per year

Why would i be an awesome regripper - I work at a dicks sporting goods. I can give my honest feedback to customers. Also, i play rather frequently hold 2 course records and was the college player of the year 2 times at my university. I will test these grips in all conditions and make sure everyone knows whether i like them or not. Im very detail oriented and will take good pictures as well. Also, i currently coach college golf so i could talk to my players about the grips as well and maybe get them interested too! Love my counter balanced super stroke putter grip btw, best model yet.

I get the feeling I'm a little late to the party, but here goes....

• Your handicap - 4
  • What grip you are currently playing - Golf Pride Multicompound Cord Midsize (+1/16")
  • How often you regrip your clubs - Once per season
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - I will use them quite a bit. I'm a range rat in Colorado.  So they'll get plenty of use in cold weather, off a mat, and during casual and competitive rounds.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• Your handicap:  10.6 Index
  • What grip you are currently playing:  Currently Stock midsize Ping
  • How often you regrip your clubs:  Not very often 
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester: I play a lot of golf and practice even more, my stock grips work well, but would like to see what Super Stroke has to offer. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Pick me!!

• Your handicap: +18, when the Sun is shining and the birds are quietly chirping

• What grip you are currently playing:  Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack on the wedges, Golf Pride MCCs on the irons 

• How often you regrip your clubs: At the beginning of Spring...Spring showers brings new grips!

• Why you would be an awesome grip tester:  I love the game of golf.  I'm not obsessed with my desires.  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, "A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish." He was a funny guy.  If given the opportunity to be a tester, I'll ensure I give an unbiased, descriptive review of the grips.  I've used Winn grips before my Golf Prides...I have no allegiance, whatever works and feels the best.  I also have a really nice iPhone 6 that produces quality photos so I can properly document the fancy multi-materials of the TX1 grips.  Lastly, as a pilot, all I do fly and play golf, so those grips will get plenty of time in my hands.

Thank you for your consideration!

• 15 handicap
  • Currently gaming Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound and Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0 on my putter
  • I re-grip my clubs at least once a year or whenever I feel like I need to change up my mojo.
  • I would be an awesome tester because I work at a golf resort where I am able to play just about everyday and really put the product through its paces. Plus I am a total golf fanatic/addict and will be sure to get it a thorough test.

I'm sad cuz I'm on the shelf for two months and wouldn't qualify for testing these.

I am however due, and am really looking forward to some good reasons to go this direction. Looks alone have me sold.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 handicap

Golf pride tour wraps, standard size

I regrip around once or twice a year

I would be an awesome tester of these grips because this game is my life and am looking for anything that could give me an edge over other players. I'm looking forward to seeing if these grips help me play like Speith... Or if they're just trying to break away from strictly putters.

Archived