Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Apprenti23's WITB

Apprenti23's Current WITB as of 4/2015

15 setup.JPG

Driver:
My go to driver which can be seen in all previous WITB, the Adams Speedline Classic DF, was my gamer in 2014 as well. That doesn't mean I haven't had any drivers since then, because let me tell you, I average about five new drivers every year. I have two drivers that I think have a great opportunity to beat it out for 2015. I have the Cobra pictured, but also have a 915D3 w/ Rogue Silver 125msi that I will have to take some pictures of and edit in. I want something to beat out my Adams. I want it to be the Cobra so I can sell the Titleist. I haven't gamed a Cobra driver in a long, long time.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Blue
-Graphite Design MT-6X Shaft

flyz+ address.JPG

fly-z+ face.JPG

mt-6x.JPG

Fairway:
I forgot to take a head picture, I'll have to edit one in later. This is an awesome combo! I don't always carry a fairway wood because my Hybrid is plenty long, so I will swap this with my 50* wedge based upon the situation. If I am playing just for fun (more than 14 clubs), in a scramble, a course that is extremely long, or one with a lot of tee shots where you can't hit driver, this will be in the bag.

Titleist 913FD
-Matrix Ozik TP-7X Shaft

bag top.JPG

tp-7x.JPG

Hybrid:
This club will never leave my bag, ever. I don't always carry a fairway wood in the bag, and this club is plenty long. Head says 16* but measures 17*. If you're a high launch and spin guy who fights the lefts, this is your "holy grail." I have a backup in this as well, but if my house was on fire and I could only grab one thing... This might be it. Broke the original shaft in it years ago, had a buddy reshaft it and put on that stupid white ferrule as a joke.

Adams PNT Version 1
-Matrix Ozik Infra Shaft

pnt.JPG

pnt address.JPG

pnt face.JPG

infra.JPG

Irons:
The 712u is on a trial period. I have played the original Callaway X Tour 21*/u utility iron ever since they came out (still have it). The idiot in me was going for an all Titleist bag for 2015, so we'll see how that shakes out. Up until about two weeks ago I was going to game a set of 714 Ap2's for 2015, but I've always been a sucker for raw and rusted sets, so when the opportunity to get these came I just had to jump! I've always been a Sensicore guy, but I think the Steelfibers do an even better job at filtering unwanted vibrations. I have played Steelfibers on numerous occassions and they are a really nice shaft if you are someone who fights arthritis and/or tendinitis.

Titleist 712U 3 Iron
Titleist 714MB 4-PW Raw
-Aerotech Steelfiber 125cw Shafts

714 mb.JPG

steelfiber.JPG

Wedges:
I also have this identical set up in the M Grind version for when it gets a little firmer outside. Spring and Fall golf in Chicago can be extremely soft, so it helps to have a high bounce setup and a medium bounce set up. I don't always play the 50* as it gets interchanged with my fairway wood based upon the situation.

Vokey SM5 50F (Not Pictured)
Vokey SM5 54S (bent to 55*)
Vokey SM5 60K
- DG Tour Issue S400 w/ Sensicore

irons.JPG

Putters:  

I have quite a few putters in the stable including customs from many different manufacturers. These are my two main gamers for the 2015 season. I have always been a top line sight line guy, but haven't got around to sending the 009 in for one yet. Maybe I'll do it this week and throw one of my many backups in there.

Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

009 back.JPG

009 address.JPG

009 face.JPG

LaMont Mann - MannKrafted MT2

mt2 top.JPG

mt2 address.JPG

mt2 back.JPG

mt2 sole.JPG

Headcovers:
I have numerous Cameron wood/putter covers and a set of Stitch covers, but they just can't beat out these Iliac's my wife bought me over five years ago.

Iliac Argyles (still look great after over 5 years)
Go Getter Hybrid

hc's.JPG

Scotty Cameron Sushi

IMG_4180.JPG

Bags:
I own numerous carry and staff bags, but these are my two main gamers for 2015.

Scotty Cameron Pinflag White

white pinflag.JPG

pinflag ball pocket.JPG

white pinflag pocket.JPG

Scotty Cameron Pinflag Black

IMG_4179.JPG

Grips:
This year I am pretty confident in my setup. I have always wanted to try the Grip Master's and thought what a great opportunity for me to solidify my bag by throwing the most expensive grips on there.  If you get them a little wet they have a great tack, but too much wetness and they feel like a sponge.They're not quite as tacky as I had hoped and when they say two wraps of tape max, they mean two wraps of tape max. I prefer a little larger grip (usually three full wraps plus two extra lower wraps), but not quite midsized. After two rounds, the jury is still out. I thought this color was a little darker when I ordered them, oh well. Don't ask my why i didn't get black. Must have had one too many that night 

grip master.JPG

Kyle, have you tried the LSP from Adams? If you like the PNT you'll love the LSP

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yes- I have a buddy that games one. Great head, but that top slot on the crown is a no no for me. Have an Adams fwy that was in the bag for one round (idk which one but it has a silver crown) and I somehow got a chip in that slot. Talk about an eye sore. Never again.

Do like I did, redo the head in a more durable polymer...

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Love the raw look! Great looking set up.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 2 months later...

Alright, been about two months and I've made more equipment changes than rounds of golf! It's not entirely my fault though why I changed irons, I blame MyGolfSpy! You'll notice though, I'm pretty loyal. When I find something I like, I tend to keep it.

Current WITB as of 6/9/15:

Bag- Original Jones www.jonesgolfbags.com

image.jpg

Head covers- Iliac www.iliacgolf.com

image.jpg

Grips- all clubs have the new SuperStroke TX1 grips plus multiple wraps of tape.

My driver has been in the bag for the better part of the past seven years or so. Haven't hit the 915D4 or 815 Double D yet, but if those two don't beat it out, it'll be solidified again! It is an Adams Speedline Classic Deep Face Proto at 7.5* loft at 45.5" and swing weights to D7. Shaft is an Altus 2007 Proto X-Stiff.

image.jpg

My fairway wood has been in the bag off and on for two years and I've hit it about twenty times tops. I rarely hit a fairway wood but I like this one. It is a Titleist 913F-D 15* loft adjusted down to 14* and plays at 42.75" long and swing weights to D7. The shaft is an Ozik TP-7HD X-Stiff.

My hybrid will never leave the bag! It is an original Adams Peanut that measures 17* and swingweights to D6 at 42.25" long. The shaft is an Ozik Infra X-Stiff. I don't know what I'm going to do to replace this shaft if and when it breaks!

image.jpg

My irons are actually an old set of mine, Titleist 712 cb's 4-PW. I used them for a full season I think two seasons ago? Anyway they play off of 38.25" five iron, one degree strong, one flat, and swingweight to D4 with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts with sensicore.

My wedges were new last year, Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54(55), and 60. I prefer the black finish and have these in a couple different grind options for wet, dry turf conditions. All are plus 1/4" long, two degrees flat, and swingweight to D6 with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 with sensicore shafts. The grips have five extra wraps of tape under them.

My putter for this season (so far) is the Lamont Mann Mannkrafted MT2 you can see posted previously. I don't know much about it other than that it is awesome and I prefer the Super Stroke Flatso grip on there. Sure do love the magnetic putter cover. Silent and never wears out!

image.jpg

Wow just had a quick glance before I head off to bed - tough day on the course today.  Love the detail on your first post and love the head covers on the second coming back tomorrow to check it out proper like ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Nice bag Kyle....wish I was young enough to carry.....When I was, I gamed a large sheepswool cover on the carry strap....it worked terrific..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Nice bag Kyle....wish I was young enough to carry.....When I was, I gamed a large sheepswool cover on the carry strap....it worked terrific..

Yea I'm in my early thirties so still plenty young to hoof it. This bag is so light it is a dream to carry. Every bag I've had in the last fifteen years has had so many empty pockets just adding to the weight. I've always enjoyed walking, in fact I have a clic gear that still new in the box. Hoping I don't have to use it any time soon!

Wow just had a quick glance before I head off to bed - tough day on the course today.  Love the detail on your first post and love the head covers on the second coming back tomorrow to check it out proper like ;)

Thanks! My wife bought me the iliac head covers about five years ago and they are great. They break in like an old baseball glove. Still look good after all these years. Highly recommend leather covers if you like the look. So durable.

Nice set up.  The old Adams peanut is just solid.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Nice set up. The old Adams peanut is just solid.

That club is my "messiah." Kinda weird being that confident with a Long club in your hand, but it's hard for me to miss with it. I have a backup head, but have had zero luck trying to find an infra hybrid shaft. Wish I would have thought of looking five years ago. The peanut is stupid long when you want it to be and unlike most hybrids, does not want to hook!

I have an Adams 18* XTD Ti hybrid in the bag with a Matrix Black Tie 85x tipped an inch....next to the peanut it is the only hybrid I have ever owned that just refuses to hook.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Foz I cant get this darn thing to quote but I used one of those Sheepskin pads too on the strap. My carry bag of choice in those days was the Hogan Sunjet. Carried it all through Jr. High and High school but really those were the only times I really walked because I had my own golf cart. But I never used that bag on a cart because I saw too many of them torn up.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 2 weeks later...

looks like a very good bag dude!

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

• 3 months later...

So about two months ago I was digging for an empty box to ship some irons- low and behold a brand new set of Nike VPC still in the wrapper. Really liked the look of them, but couldn't stand the gaudy color. I will be posting an iron review of these next week.

Current WITB for rest of season:

Driver-

Ping G30 LS Tec (large minus setting)

9* at 44" long and D6 Swingweight

Graphite Design MT-6 X-Stiff

Hybrid-

Adams Peanut (old faithful)

Utility-

Callaway X-Tour 21/U (old faithful, Jr.)

Irons-

Nike Vapor Pro Combo

4-PW standard lofts lies are 1* flat

DG Pro S300 standard length

4-8 D5 Swing weight 9-PW D6

Wedges-

Titleist SM5 Raw Vokey

These were black but they spent an hour in CLR

50/55/60 plus 1/4" long 2* flat

DG S400 Tour Issue w Sensicore

D6 Swing weight

Putter-

Mann Krafted MT2 Custom

I'll get some better pics next week when I'm not traveling!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love the set up. I might have missed it but were you ever able to get the Hogans straightened out for your specs?

Also I'm sure those aren't your divot patterns but they're giving me anxiety haha

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I love the set up. I might have missed it but were you ever able to get the Hogans straightened out for your specs?

Also I'm sure those aren't your divot patterns but they're giving me anxiety haha

Sadly they look better than the divot patterns at my clubs... All I can say is you better pray for it to be the first day they moved the box on the range.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived