TESTERS WANTED! ×

Limited edition equipment

Mr_Theoo

So with the Nike 006 putter being released and sold out in seconds. (Sorry Rookie) it got me thinking about limited edition equpipment. Are you a fan of it or would you rather they just be made regular release because at the end of the day it's still equpipment and it will get used?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I just don't get limited edition equipment... I really don't. If it is suppose to be a marketing thing, it seems that it can piss people off and work against them. If it is so great, wouldn't you think they should have a lot more to sell?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If it's like handmade stuff that literally is just too cost prohibitive to make in mass quantity and is legitimately a limited edition, I can see the use of it.

But it almost seems like all limited edition stuff is just marketing. It's all still machine made, they just tweak the machining or finishing process for a slightly different look, call it limited edition and jack the price. So I'm not a fan of it in today's market.

The Cameron Masters putters are a prime example. On it, it says hand crafted. But looking at them, it's just CNC'd. Hand finished.....maybe. But simply adding a couple lines on text into the code for the CNC and changing paint fill doesn't say limited edition to me, in the true sense. It says marketing for extra profit.

TIBA Putt - Discover your best stroke.

It's a wank for more money from suckers, unless it's like TP Kyle said above.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

As long as the system to purchase is fair for all consumers, yeah no problem. But like we saw yesterday, releases are ruined when companies don't care if they're a fair release system or not. And how are the retailers that are supposed to be selling these Friday already sold out? It's just a joke.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm a fan of it.  If that is your thing and you spend your hard earned money, go for it !  It does not matter what other people think.

Theo:  You get those Georgetown Colorway Jordan XI ? hahahahaha

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Hula do you have bots working under your command!?

Nope was not lucky enough to get the Jordan XI's   :mad:   those damn bots.

Interesting enough after reading the other thread, I also goolge'd BOTS to read more about them and found out one of the most commonly used for form feeding is actually FREE

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm a fan of it. If that is your thing and you spend your hard earned money, go for it ! It does not matter what other people think.

Theo: You get those Georgetown Colorway Jordan XI ? hahahahaha

I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's in a long time because it's too hard to get them. Once the reseller market crashes I'll get back into the shoe game.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Anyone go for one of the 5000 limited edition Bubba Watson pink G30 drivers?  $550, but at least $60 goes to Bubba's Foundation!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Love the Jordan's XI.

Waited 5 hours in line to get a pair.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Anyone go for one of the 5000 limited edition Bubba Watson pink G30 drivers?  $550, but at least $60 goes to Bubba's Foundation!

If it was the LS TEC version I would think bout it

Love the Jordan's XI.

Waited 5 hours in line to get a pair.

Buddy of mine that collects them gets every Jordan that comes out through his hook up. And he gets them the night before the release. He gets one pair of 13's and 2 pair each in 10.5 and 11. He sells those 4 and keeps his 13's for himself and makes a killing doing it. If you've got a hookup, you can get Nike stuff but that's the only realistic way. He gives his guy $50 per release.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Nah, no contacts unfortunately. I just go to the store and wait in line. That was the only time I did it and probably will never do again.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

There are some things I'm a fan of, but mostly because they get released in more than just a few pieces compared to the demand in the market.

I love gear that's themed for events like the majors. I like drooling over Masters and U.S. Open gear, and I love that True Temper released the Ryder Cup shafts in mass quantities.

I have a problem with limited release items like the Rors putter. Scotty stuff comes to mind too. Yes if things were mass released then it would saturate the market and drive prices down, but here's where I take issue with the current mode used by many.

The "1 of XXX" released only provide the manufacturer with the ability to say "we listened to the public" while also being able to turn a profit for a product premium much higher than standard offerings. Normal business for sure. However, what the manufacturers are doing is lining the pockets of profiteering buyers even more than their own. Someone with a nominal amount of money could have a group of people set up to click and buy something like the Rors 006 at the price Nike charged ($450). Then said person says, well I will keep one but put the other four up for sale at double the price and turn a profit of $2000ish.

I'm not trying to come off as the bleeding heart, anti-capitalist liberal I probably am, because I'm all for people making money to get by. But these limited releases are like chum to sharks and always brin out the extreme opportunist. It reminds me of how ticket brokers end up with so many tickets to concerts and events and charge sky high prices.

Do I have an answer, no, and I wouldn't even try to venture a guess at one. The real shame on the 006 release was that it wasn't made to the same standards as the rest of the method line, which is a shame considering the price comparisons.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I'm not against it. There are people out there who buy them or collect them and as long as there is, why wouldn't a company do it? If you aren't someone who buys into that stuff, big deal right? We see the term "limited edition" on everything and everywhere. My putter even says "limited edition" on it and it's not and I didn't buy it for that reason anyways lol

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I'm all for limited edition stuff.  It's Hummels for men.   If you want to collect it, go for it, but don't think it will appreciate in value.

hummel-stormy-weather-ca020511-0650.jpg

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Archived