Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Snell Golf Introduction: Dean Snell

You been watching Golf Channel Rev? Been bombarded this morning with Kick X commercials  :unsure:

No I was referencing an ad from Callaway.

Thanks for the answer Dean. Bottom line to your answer seems to be that this is an across the board shift and not s single brand move. Since a players feel seems to play a roll in his perception of a ball's distance I'm wondering if LM usage hasn't become helpful. A conversation could go like this, "Gee that ball feels mushy, I don't think it went anywhere." "Surprisingly it did Tiger. 301 carry, 28 roll out, 329. Launch and spin numbers are spot on. Hit a couple of more."

Feel can adjust to results when the results are clearly better. In the same way that tour players adjusted their feel to accept firmer when they saw guys winning and knocking it past them, they can adjust back. Ironically the shift from three piece surlyn to the Pro VI was easier for a guy like me.

I'm not much of a feel guy. The thing of noticed most about balls in the past few years is their stability in the wind. It's gotten off the charts IMO.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

agree.. the control in the wind is for sure an advancement in the performance of the ball.. using multi layered technology allows us to design golf balls that have varying spin curves throughout the set.. so some can be designed to have low spin with drivers, low spin with longer irons, medium spin with mid irons, and higher spin closer to greens.. so when a ball is designed to be lower spin with nice feel, it will be less affected by the wind... balls with higher spin will have a tendency to balloon or climb and come up shorter... so having more tee to green performance is now in the complete design, where in the past we would only look at driver and maybe 8 or 9 iron spin rates..now we look at whole set.

Can we start a new thread entitled ball guru or something like that. I think that more people would see it there. I have a number of other questions but don't want to monopolize and believe more people will see it elsewhere.

Thanks for the willingness to do this.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I love reading this kind of stuff......post it anywhere or just rename the title!!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Okay I started a thread in American equipment entitled, Quo Vadis golf balls. I figure all of you engineering types might like a literary reference from an artsy guy. :). Dean we'd love to have you join us on that thread. Thank you so much for taking our questions here. Can't wait to get that sampler pack.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay I started a thread in American equipment entitled, Quo Vadis golf balls. I figure all of you engineering types might like a literary reference from an artsy guy. :). Dean we'd love to have you join us on that thread. Thank you so much for taking our questions here. Can't wait to get that sampler pack.

Thanks for starting the topic... look forward to being able to provide some insight around golf ball technology.   We have started answering some questions already on that new thread.

Archived