TESTERS WANTED! ×

Invitation for T

revkev

I just received an intriguing ad from a local country club that has been begging me and others to join over the course of the past year.

Their greens are being mowed by robots. 

I'm wondering if T would like me to forward the membership info now?  :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Now this is interesting lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

What club Rev?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's the Bayou Club Foz.  This is a great Tom Fazio course, always in great shape with perfect greens.  I hope the robot mowers don't screw those up.

If I were to join a club this would be the one and right now it's super affordable, no buy in, a little over $300 a month, just out of reach for me - not in a couple of years though so if T can be patient I could just have him as my guest - we could play at the time that the robots are doing their thing. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Interesting Rev - I found this little tidbit on the RG3 robotic mower - and a survey of Bayou Club members related to its use:

Cub Cadet Enters Golf Market With Debut Of RG3 - The World's First Robotic Greens Mower For Golf Courses

CLEVELANDFeb. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Improved greens surfaces for golf course superintendents and better putting games for golfers are now teed up with Cub Cadet's official launch of the RG3 – the world's first robotic greens mower for golf courses.

Officially to be unveiled at the Golf Industry Show in San Antonio Feb. 25-26, this revolutionary product signifies Cub Cadet's entry into the golf market as it provides the industry with innovation that delivers on both higher productivity and increased quality.

By using a proprietary positioning technology better than GPS, the RG3 with Precise Path Technology moves precisely and safely across the green. It travels in straight lines and along the perimeter without the need for an operator, delivering consistent and repeatable cuts every time, so every green is mowed exactly the same way. The advanced robotic technology allows for mowing and rolling in a single pass with consistent overlap. The result is an unparalleled green-to-green consistency that provides an overall better short game for many golfers.

With its autonomous operation, Cub Cadet's RG3 enables golf course superintendents to reallocate manpower to other important areas of the course during the critical morning hours to provide superior overall upkeep. Customer experience has proven the RG3 provides at least a 50 percent increase in labor productivity, allowing superintendents to achieve higher quality with less manpower.

John Shaw, Certified Golf Course Superintendent at Valley Brook Country Club in McMurray, Pa., placed two RG3 units into daily service in July 2014 to evaluate the RG3's performance against their existing operations.

"The RG3's impact to our putting greens has exceeded my expectations," he said. "We are achieving higher clipping yield, more consistent green speeds and smoother putting surfaces with less manpower. It's a win-win scenario." 

Shaw also referenced manpower re-allocation resulted in more attention to other detail tasks such as bunker edging, and that members were more excited because of improved scores.

After a fleet of RG3s were implemented at the Bayou Club in Largo, Fla., more than 90 percent of members surveyed indicated a noticeable improvement in the consistency of ball roll on the greens.

---

Pretty good way of ensuring consistency of the greens (cutting etc anyway) across the course. No details on how the survey was conducted, so take it as you will, but 90% positive feedback is outstanding.

I thought maybe you were asking him to Prom!

Same thing?

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I have a tail of woe prom story which I will readers digest here,

Boy meets girl, boy dumps girl for another who already has a prom date, boy plays poker with classmates who don't have dates, boy gets smashed and driven home, wakes up next day puking his guts out but wealthier and wiser. :)

I played Bayou last fall in a trial round because we were considering membership. It was in impeccable condition through the course. Its a very good track, some people don't like it because it is tight, it suits my game nicely and it stretches out to 7k yards from the tips. Brittany is a member there. I do most of my practicing at its range.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My club membership runs $225/month...and includes full cart use....the only problem is they lost their range two years ago to an apt complex....othwerwise, the rate is affordable and the course is in great shape.  a tight course with water on 17 holes.  blues...6600, white tees 6000+ and Senior Tees at 5600 yards. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

It's criminal what I pay to play at my home club.

$129/month for all the golf, carts and range balls you can play/drive/hit. Course in fantastic shape 90% of the time and the average round for me is around 3 hours.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Foz I like your course very much and at 225 it is a great deal for you, if I lived over where you do I would jump on it despite the no range.

Bayou is a different animal. It's a Fazio course on a great property. Think Fox Hollow or TPC Tampa Bay in regards to course quality, difficulty and conditioning. I know guys who don't like the course because of its difficulty but frankly it plays into my strengths so I don't see what their concern is. I couldn't handle it from the tips but I wouldn't have to, ever. It also has an outstanding practice facility that I'm already a member of. It's always in great shape, can be played in 31/2 hours or less and is very walkable.

In regards to non-golf amenities it has two pools, a gym, an exercise room, a great locker room, two dining rooms plus an outdoor dining area, tennis courts and banquet facilities for up to 250 that my congregation (including a wedding reception) could use at a seriously discounted rate because of my membership.

It's not Winged Foot but it is a first rate club.

In the sign of the times they've dropped their initiation fee. I know lots of big time clubs in the Northeast that have dropped those fees so that's no shock. For the first time though they are offering a discounted summer membership. They have never had to resort to golf now or allowing member for a day stuff during the offseason. Who knows in the future. Their normal monthly membership is around $350 so I'm going to call, play a round and find out what the summer deal is about.

I really wish I hadn't joined my league this year. I have yet to play because of my wife's surgery and she won't be cleared to lift Penny for at least another 3 weeks. That means I will have missed 7 weeks and I have to go out of town for a conference after that. Another two weeks. I will have missed a third of the season before I play a round in league. I've played some golf, I just can't play on my normal league night.

I'm leaning towards abandoning the league and joining the club.

Zeasy I don't know where you live but that deal doesn't exist here. On the other hand we do have very affordable courses that have been or are being used for tour events all over the place within an hours drive. I can play courses that are in the top 100 you can play or one that's in the top 100 in the US for under $50. I'm certainly happy for you but I will take the year round golf on great courses in great weather for the extra scratch that comes out of my wallet. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I love my membership, 10 years for free!!! Need to get another board in the ground so I can get another membership!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Rev--I think you'd really enjoy it.  You deserve it!!!!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Rev--I think you'd really enjoy it.  You deserve it!!!!

I showed this reply to my wife, she said the jury is out. The key is the word no was not mentioned. :). Yet

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's criminal what I pay to play at my home club.

$129/month for all the golf, carts and range balls you can play/drive/hit. Course in fantastic shape 90% of the time and the average round for me is around 3 hours.

Good lord man where do you live? I'm moving in

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Thanks for the reply Rev,

I think you have a great deal on the window sill.....I hope you can jump for it before it flies away.  As for me, with retirement in less than 2 years, I have a pretty good club and a terrific Saturday Game with a lot of friends.  I am not a scratch golfer, so I am okay with an average course.....I grew up on a Muny and still get thrills when I get the chance to go home and play it.  I guess I like the challenge of having not perfect fairways & greens.....LOL

Thanks for the reply Rev,

I think you have a great deal on the window sill.....I hope you can jump for it before it flies away.  As for me, with retirement in less than 2 years, I have a pretty good club and a terrific Saturday Game with a lot of friends.  I am not a scratch golfer, so I am okay with an average course.....I grew up on a Muny and still get thrills when I get the chance to go home and play it.  I guess I like the challenge of having not perfect fairways & greens.....LOL

Foz I think your course is well above average. It's a great value for a nice layout. I've only belonged to a club once in my life and I enjoyed it. It was much like yours.

I put in my application yesterday and just got a call from the membership director that I was accepted. We will see past the summer but for now I'm a member at the Bayou Club. So T here's your invite:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Good lord man where do you live? I'm moving in

Houston. Played 45 holes Saturday. I think I'm still tired from it.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I also just noticed my "likes" is actually equal to what my handicap really is@! SPOOKY

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Are they going up like your handicap?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got to see the robot at work the other morning.  Very impressive.  MGS should definitely get one of these.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived