Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What do you normally pay for a round of golf?

Baseballfrk8998

Well I can tell you now that for the next four months I'm going to spend $150 per month and $11 cart fee for a Fazio Course in perfect condition. That's a tad over $30 if I play 7 times and under if I play 8. I will also get as many range balls as I want, a weekly skins game, a free lesson and playing lesson with the pro and lots of other cool stuff for my family.

I'm feeling pretty good about it right now.

So jealous. What course??

For the Muni courses I usually pay under $30 for weekdays senior discount and under $45 for weekend green fees.  Other public golf course ranging from $35-$250 ( Chambers Bay ).

These are the walking rate not including rider's fee.

So jealous. What course??

Bayou club, it's sister course is Bardmoor where they used to play a tour event. This course is much stronger than that one. The tees I would generally play have a course rating of 73.2 and a slope of 139. The tips are 75,144 7200 yards, at sea level.

I'm hitting the practice range tomorrow but have to wait until Friday of next week to play my first round as a member. Ironically I now have a recipricol at the place I'm playing Friday. I'm betting that the guest fee my host is paying is way more than my fee would be.

The one thing I'm definitely doing is playing this uber private Donald Ross course that I thought I would never see. Can't wait for that round.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What private course you getting to play Rev?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

My usual greensfee?  $0.00.  

I volunteer at the First Tee of Richmond and Chesterfield, and program volunteers do not pay to play the golf course at TFT Chesterfield.  It's a little executive course - 4,800 yards from the tips, par 66 (but plays more like a par 63).  It was designed by the same guy that designed Providence Golf Course and Kinloch Country Club, so it's a pretty decent little course if you're going to play it a ton (which I do).  I play here once or twice a week, and because I'm not paying to play, I don't feel badly about playing a few rounds at Providence ($60/round) or the very nice Tom Fazio-designed Independence CC ($75/round) every so often.  Same thing with vacation golf; I play about 15 or so vacation rounds each year.

I belonged to Meadowbrook Country Club for a while, and the dues were incredibly reasonable for the under 40 set (about $220/month and a $30/month F&B minimum), but I just didn't get to play quite enough to make it worthwhile.  I was paying about $80/round when I did the math.  It's too bad, as I LOVE the golf course and the people, but I'm one of those types that can't get past the math.  My kids weren't playing at the time either, so no way to mitigate the expense.

I'd volunteer at TFT even if they didn't give us that kind of hook up (in fact, I did volunteer before they gave us the free golf), but the benefit is tough to turn down.  Plus, I love getting to play with the kids I teach.  

There's a private club in our neighborhood that a kid could ride her bike to with her bag on her back. If my youngest daughter gets really serious about the game, I'd consider joining so she can play as much as she wants.  But she's only 7 now, so I figure we have some time to make up our minds on that.  And I'd still keep her in the programs at TFT.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

@ Hardcorelooper, Nice!

@ Undershooter, sorry I that I had answered you.  The club I'm a member of is called the Bayou Club.  I played the Vinoy on Friday and will play the Bellaire Biltmore (a Donald Ross track) before summer's end.

I'm going to play my course tomorrow afternoon and maybe again on Weds, definitely on Friday as well.  Why not?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Public course or public access golf is pretty cheap comparatively here in Western Australia.  Mid week is the cheapest time and I am luckier than most in that I get a veterans/pensioner discount as well.  The most I pay for 18 holes is $22 and the least $18.  The courses are almost in as good condition as some of the private courses the main difference in quality is the greens due to the high traffic and they are slower as a result.

The private club I belong to costs me $2,700 per annum and that includes $200 that goes straight on my bar tab that I can use to buy meals or drinks in the club house.  Daily competitions cost between 8 & 10 dollars and that also covers "Pot of Gold" prizes on one of the par 3 holes that is usually around $60 -$70 and nearest the pin prizes of good quality bottles of wine that retail for around $20.  I play there 4 -5 times a week and if I'm not playing I utilise the practise facilities so it's pretty good value.  A lot of the members make snide remarks about the amount of time I spend there but I figure I'm getting better value than they are and they can pretty much go and sit at home and watch television if that's what they want.  Actually I would say something else but...

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

In NY I pay about $50 to play my home course with a cart ($30 without). I came close to joining a private club this year but with all my travel I would not have been there much. Ended up not joining since that would have been a very expensive five rounds of golf for the year.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Interesting: love the summers here. New prices just posted at two of the courses 15 bucks to play 18 cart included. IN winter they go for 30-50 bucks.

The thing that stinks is that it's only for a few months but man you can't argue with that deal.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Same for us Sportsfan - when the prices come down in Florida we can get some very sweet deals on great tracks but its a short and rainy season - plus the conditions of those courses are far more difficult than the remainder of the year - the rough gets brutal down here in the summer.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

In Denver, the fees hover around 60-125, depending on how nice a course you want to play.  Carts extra.  Personally, I think it's too much for what you get here.  There are some good courses, but nothing super exciting.  If you want to play a nice course, it will easily put you back $150 plus lunch.  Just too much for one round.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Summer in the desert generally doesn't hurt the courses much. It's just one it's over 100 degrees most days and two the area I live in is a huge RV/snowbirds area. Our area nearly doubles in some places. As a result, course prices surge and it's tougher to get on a course and also tougher to get rounds in because of darkness.

In the summer it's not quite as bad but still gets dark around 8 (no daylight savings) and the courses will pack up shop around 5 sometimes. I'm planning on trying out different areas around here and not playing the same course repeadtly. My goal is to play at least 2-3 new courses by the end of summer.

Same for us Sportsfan - when the prices come down in Florida we can get some very sweet deals on great tracks but its a short and rainy season - plus the conditions of those courses are far more difficult than the remainder of the year - the rough gets brutal down here in the summer.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Interesting: love the summers here. New prices just posted at two of the courses 15 bucks to play 18 cart included. IN winter they go for 30-50 bucks.

The thing that stinks is that it's only for a few months but man you can't argue with that deal.

Over the years I have played some great courses in the CA desert, but the prices are a little more in the Palm Springs area than they are in Yuma in the summer. Still, some great deals on very nice courses that are expensive in the winter. I have probably been there 10 times for 1-2 weeks each for business and professional society meetings in July. If you can stand the heat, prices are very nice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Over the years I have played some great courses in the CA desert, but the prices are a little more in the Palm Springs area than they are in Yuma in the summer. Still, some great deals on very nice courses that are expensive in the winter. I have probably been there 10 times for 1-2 weeks each for business and professional society meetings in July. If you can stand the heat, prices are very nice.

I actually was just looking up prices there. I want to try to get out there once or twice this summer when prices are low and the deals are good. I've already circled one day for a course in Parker, AZ, so what's your recommendation for Palm Springs?

I actually was just looking up prices there. I want to try to get out there once or twice this summer when prices are low and the deals are good. I've already circled one day for a course in Parker, AZ, so what's your recommendation for Palm Springs?

I have been to the Palm Springs area for meetings and vacation. The meetings were always at the Marriott Desert Springs and Renaissance Esmeralda at Indian Wells. Both have 2 courses that are pretty good, but not many deals at IW.

When I travel for fun, I stay in condos at Indio and Palm Springs. The condo in Indio is just off the interstate at the Terra Lago GC. They have 2 courses that are nice and have pretty good deals sometimes. When they had the Skins Game, it was moved from IW to Terra Lago for the last couple of events.

On the other end of PS, Cimmaron GC near the airport has great deals right now and through the summer. No trees. They have the Boulder course (regulation) and Pebble course (executive, fun and challenging). Dave Pelz has his short game school there. They send me emails all the time. Here's I got last week:

http://cimarrongolfresort.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/j/8271D9C424D48B61/141DCD57099FFCFFD9767B6002735221

Of course, there are some really high end courses that they play at the Humana, but I don't think they have any really great deals. I played the Mountain course at La Quinta and Desert Willow, and they have some deals.

One course that I play every time I go is Indian Canyons just outside PS. They have 2 courses; one fairly new which is OK and the other used to be a private club from the '50s where all the stars hung out. I really like that course. They had a pretty good deal the last time I was there. BOGO round, so it was great for my wife and I.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was in La Quinta in January, and we played some great golf.  The two courses at Desert Willow were outstanding.  I see they have a Summer VIP card that saves you money if you play two rounds there.  

http://www.desertwillow.com/PSPVIP15

We also played at Silverrock and the Stadium Course at PGA West, and really enjoyed them.  I picked a random Wednesday in June, and there seem to be some reasonable deals at both.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Thanks guys! I'm about 4-5 hours from there so it would probably take a full day to play an 18 hole round and get back.

Not a huge fan of hotel rooms on my salary.

• 2 weeks later...

I live about 30 min south of Salt Lake City. Pretty much everything is $35-$45. Thanksgiving Point is the only GC thats "expensive" around here and thats generally close to $70 a round. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20