Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

First Full Round

JohnBarry

First full round (non best ball) of the year, even though I blew up on 3 holes, I did everything well except get off the tee box, but I am working on it. I am a 24ish handicap and haven't broke 110 in a low while (2 years after developing a mental probelm, a regrip before I swing and a duck hook)

Shot a 101, and I changed my interlocked grip after 9 to a baseball grip and played better on the back side.

Side not, I have lost 46 pounds!!!! Feel much better and I think it's helping my golf game.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

First full round (non best ball) of the year, even though I blew up on 3 holes, I did everything well except get off the tee box, but I am working on it. I am a 24ish handicap and haven't broke 110 in a low while (2 years after developing a mental probelm, a regrip before I swing and a duck hook)

Shot a 101, and I changed my interlocked grip after 9 to a baseball grip and played better on the back side.

Side not, I have lost 46 pounds!!!! Feel much better and I think it's helping my golf game.

Man, I had a round yesterday where I alternated between 290-310 yard drives striping the fairway to 100 yard duck hooks into people's back yards. It was awful. It's like beating your head into a brick wall. For fun. And paying for the delight.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Congrats on the weight loss. Also glad you are playing, must be tough up north. I've had decent weather here but it's going to be 100 plus here soon.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Great job! The tee shot will come around. Like any other type of shot, it gets better with confidence. Find the issue and work on it. Don't try to fix a bunch of issues at the same time.

Congratulations on the losing 46 pounds!! I am envious. Maybe that is the reason?? It could be the setup because you feel different.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks all, zeroing in on my target weight of 185, then into the gym to add muscle!! Just toning right now, but this diet has become a way of life!

Taking my new old game to Pinehurst next week!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived