TESTERS WANTED! ×

Advice for northwest Pennsylvania

DaveP043

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week's worth of work in Grove City, PA.  I know I'll have Sunday off, so I'm looking for a place to play.  I have a whole day to fill, so I won't mind driving a half-hour or more.  Any suggestions are welcome.  If someone needs a fourth, I'd like that even better.

Thanks

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Pine Lakes in Hubbard, Ohio looks good. Also, there is the Flying B in Salem, Ohio...great course and the fairways are nearly as smooth as the green.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks, Matt.  I've made my plans at Oak Tree in West Middlesex, PA.  If anyone is in the area, it seemed as if there are lots of openings, I could use some company.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

No worries...if I'd have known a touch earlier, we could have hooked up somewhere in the middle.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back home, I'll post a little feedback from my day at Oak Tree.   I got to the course just after 8, to see a foursome teeing off on 1.  I warmed up on the range, putted, chipped, etc, and didn't see another soul come in, so I set off on foot.   I really enjoyed the golf course.  A very traditional layout, lots of mature trees, pretty good shape.  The greens were moderate in size, with some nice contours.  I was on the wrong side a few times, and had no chance to chip it close.   I didn't play all that well, but I really enjoyed the course.  The only down side was that there really was nobody to play with.  I played through the foursome, and didn't see more then 4 other players well in front of me.  I finished by noon, and went in to have a beer, and I was the only one in the bar.  Even on Mother's Day, around DC a course this nice would NEVER be this empty.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived