Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Nike, no matter what clubs, are so ugly.

I mean they are beautiful, very attractive and functional.

Sorry for the title.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

You are high if you think the Nike VR Pro blades are ugly. People's dislike for Nike Golf amazes me. If you took the Nike swoosh off and replaced it with the Mizzy Bird thing it would look oh so much better?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

You are high if you think the Nike VR Pro blades are ugly. People's dislike for Nike Golf amazes me. If you took the Nike swoosh off and replaced it with the Mizzy Bird thing it would look oh so much better?

Agreed. But the beauty of it is if you don't like Nike don't buy it. Simple as that

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

If you rally feel that way, ok. 

But is it really that or do you have an issue with Nike as a company? Maybe one of its golfers?

Everyone is open to like and not like whatever suits them. 

I personally play the VRS Covert irons. For me, they are a nice iron and fit my game. I like the looks of them over several other GI irons. To each his own. We may not agree on club looks but we can still catch a round together here in town....

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I have a set of Vapor Pro Combos -- love the way they look in person. Most pictures really don't do them justice.  And they are a NICE feeling stick!

Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent foiks...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

going to chalk this one up to:  "keep it weird Austin"

I let my Nike Clubs do the "Talking" on  the golf course...

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

going to chalk this one up to:  "keep it weird Austin"

I let my Nike Clubs do the "Talking" on  the golf course...

You get credit for trying Hula. Its actually "Keep Austin Weird" I would like to let my Nike clubs do the talking, but with a 20ish handicap, no one listens.  :unsure:

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

No complaints here... I like them! :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

You get credit for trying Hula. Its actually "Keep Austin Weird" I would like to let my Nike clubs do the talking, but with a 20ish handicap, no one listens.  :unsure:

I tried bro......

When I am 100% healed,  I will let MY NIKES do the talking for both of us....  :)  well there is an occasional 2 foot putt missed here and there... 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

If you rally feel that way, ok. 

But is it really that or do you have an issue with Nike as a company? Maybe one of its golfers?

Everyone is open to like and not like whatever suits them. 

I personally play the VRS Covert irons. For me, they are a nice iron and fit my game. I like the looks of them over several other GI irons. To each his own. We may not agree on club looks but we can still catch a round together here in town....

This obviously has something to do with not liking Nike for another reason and not their club making. Most of the VR series was very classic and understated.

Anyways ;) to each their own

I tried bro......

When I am 100% healed,  I will let MY NIKES do the talking for both of us....   :)  well there is an occasional 2 foot putt missed here and there... 

OH OH OH MR Kotter!!!!!!!

I can do 2 footers!!!!!!

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

I gamed the VR pro CB's for a year.......they had a very nice look to them.....I also gamed the Nike Covert woods as well....traded out all when i got the Cobra Bio Cells to review.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Actually, I take posts like this as a good thing for Nike.  Culturally, the best way to know when a product is making real strides into the mainstream of a market place is when you see the emergence of the 'Haters'.  The oft-times irrational 'I'll never buy xyz because' arguments ensue. The greater the success, the louder and more bellicose the haters become.  

Take for example the Apple "Fanboy" syndrome. You look online for computer information. You have the people that will advocate Windows, because 'everyone uses it' and it is 'good enough'. Then someone mentions the Mac, and the discussion explodes into a mix of rational and irrational hatred and bias. Apply the same thing to phones, iOS, ANDROID!, err Windows Phone. Golf? Titleist, TaylorMade, Ping, Callaway, Nike.  

It almost needs it's own metric: Haters per Marketing $$$ spent.  I'd argue that Nike is getting their money's worth right now, and like it or not, Vapor is a prime example, where they created buzz and animosity with nothing but a splash of color, and it certainly isn't as in your face as the Amp's were.  

But as always, to each their own. I will say this though: 

Adidas once OWNED the soccer market. Nike piddled with it, but wasn't all that serious about it. When they got serious though, Adidas took a massive hit, and Nike's identity in Soccer today is that of a heavyweight, not an also ran. They can do that in Golf, and I think they will. They really got the ball rolling with the Covert, but the Vapor is putting it into gear, and by aligning the coloring and branding to the entire company identity, they are going to reap massive rewards across an entire product range from athletic clothing, gear and golf.  

Keep in mind, that IMO, Nike & UnderArmour are both poised to be massive powers across many industries over then next 15 years, and it would be foolish to dismiss them at such an early juncture.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I mean they are beautiful, very attractive and functional.

Sorry for the title.

Man there is no reason to delete what you said. That's how you feel. Not entirely sure why you feel that way but that's your opinion. Just because others think differently doesn't mean you should change what you say unless you actually believe differently.

Even if it doesn't make any sense to me lol

All opinions are valid - we do try to be respectful of opinions and ideas.  That's one of the things that make our community different - disagreeing is okay, as long as in the end we're all friends....

(Group hug time)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

All opinions are valid - we do try to be respectful of opinions and ideas.  That's one of the things that make our community different - disagreeing is okay, as long as in the end we're all friends....

(Group hug time)

I'll get the s'mores if you grab a guitar and strike up cumbaya Barb Lol

I do think they should move on from the cavity-back woods.

That design, compared to what is doable with a traditional head - hasn't increased MOI, hasn't lowered spin, hasn't increased ball speed, etc.

I'm not saying it's bad. But aside from looks and marketing, what's the point?

Wow, all this from that tag line - looks like someone out there has put himself into the running for next month's MoM award!  :)

Hey if it means anything I hate the way my Wilson Irons look and loved the way my Mizzi's looked.  Guess which one I hit better - So, I just try not to look at them too often - I have make sure that the SCORs are facing out when I take them out of the trunk and put them on the bag drop.

I've never played a Nike club simply because I have always found something that fit prior to trying Nike.  I've hit their stuff though when friends have bagged it, nothing wrong with it, I just have a pecking order that I follow when I go to purchase new equipment.  I start with brands that have worked for me best in the past and work through those.  I did jump outside that group for my current fairway woods and hybrid so I've expanded the possible search the next time around.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have never been brand loyal except in the classics but that is another story. I actually need to change my profile but I still have 6 different brands of clubs in my bag. I am fixing to find out what the new Vapor irons hit like next week because golf director at my club is a Nike Staffer and he is getting his new vapors next week. I will probably hit them some but I know already they will have too much shaft for me he hits X-100s. This is the same guy that gave me the 003 putter.

Theoo will be proud of me. The director wears the same size shoes as I do and he gave me a pair of Nike shoes last night and they feel good. Said he was tired of seeing me play in those "damn Chucky Taylors" I am going to try it will just have to tape my ankles over the ankle braces. I wore them some this afternoon with my ankles taped up when I hit balls and they do feel good.

In retrospect I don't knock anyone's brand I just play what works for me.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I had the Nike Covert 2.0 driver and it was not a fit for me. I don't hate their clubs though. I hit some pro combos that were really nice. It comes down to liking what you like. Nothing wrong with that

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Bottom line is he, as with the rest of us, like what we like. And we dont like what we dont like. But if you look at his new avatar photo, I can get how any other set might look a little off compared to what he is gaming. 

I may not agree, but I'll still drink with him and try to let my clubs beat his. 

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

I'm confused but this whole thread finally reading it

What got everyone so worked up?

That is not the what the original version or the first post said. He changed it when people responded.

Sorry I was late getting back to the party have had some modem problems with my computer.

Got to hit my GMs new Vapor irons the other day. They hit great even though his X-100 shafts are a little too much for me in the 6&7 irons but I hit the PW thru 8 irons pretty sporty for an old man. Actually they had a great feel to them. I think Nike hit it dead on with these irons

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The majority of my friends are in their early 30's and just now getting serious about playing golf (more than ten rounds a year). When they walk into a shop they don't know what FootJoy's are, we grew up with Nike and Jordan and Bo. Adidas to them is soccer. All of my friends will gravitate toward Nike or Puma. They know Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, etc. but when it comes to footwear they love Nike!

I'm glad Nike finally ditched Red and are starting to move away from Tiger. Tiger is a 50/50 guy in that 50% hate him and 50% love him. That doesn't work when your golf clubs have him all over them.

Volt was a genius marketing ploy! White worked for TaylorMade!

I gamed the VZrPro CB's for a year. The only prob was they had a sharp leading edge. My swing prefers a "V sole" type iron. Like Mizzies and SCORs.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The majority of my friends are in their early 30's and just now getting serious about playing golf (more than ten rounds a year). When they walk into a shop they don't know what FootJoy's are, we grew up with Nike and Jordan and Bo. Adidas to them is soccer. All of my friends will gravitate toward Nike or Puma. They know Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, etc. but when it comes to footwear they love Nike!

I'm glad Nike finally ditched Red and are starting to move away from Tiger. Tiger is a 50/50 guy in that 50% hate him and 50% love him. That doesn't work when your golf clubs have him all over them.

Volt was a genius marketing ploy! White worked for TaylorMade!

I will say Nike makes the most confortable golf shoe I have ever worn and back in the day I had nice Foot Joys and Etonic golf shoes. My GM is a Nike staffer and wears the same size shoes as I do so he gave me a pair the other day and man are they nice

G

All opinions are valid - we do try to be respectful of opinions and ideas. That's one of the things that make our community different - disagreeing is okay, as long as in the end we're all friends....

(Group hug time)

how do you spell kumbiyah? :-)

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Archived