Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Kombi S vs X5?

dhayse32

Well I gamed a regular Kombi for a few seasons and loved it.  I got putter fever last year and bought a new Squareback but just never fell in love with it. Went back to a Kombi (S this time) and it feels much better....then I see an like new X5 for sale and just couldn't resist.  It looks amazing but haven't heard much about them.  Any feedback?

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I own all the putters that you mentioned and the X5 is not a bad putter at all, but a bit different.  To me the ball comes off the face of the X5 a bit faster than I am used to so that will take some time (that I don't have right now) to get used to.  Overall it is a solid feeling putter and easy to line up.  Only thing I would change on it is the grip; which is a little bit big for my liking but that is just a personal preference.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I own all the putters that you mentioned and the X5 is not a bad putter at all, but a bit different.  To me the ball comes off the face of the X5 a bit faster than I am used to so that will take some time (that I don't have right now) to get used to.  Overall it is a solid feeling putter and easy to line up.  Only thing I would change on it is the grip; which is a little bit big for my liking but that is just a personal preference.

Thanks for the feedback.  I love the look of the X5, just hate the stock pistola grip.  My Kombi has a SS Slim on it now (prefer a little larger grip), going to go with a similar grip on the X5.  I could tell just tinkering with it that there is more pop off the face with it compared to my Kombi's.  Time will tell!

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

The putter feels a lot more like the original Kombi that than the Kombi S which is not a bad thing.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Archived