TESTERS WANTED! ×

My tournaments in a nutshell

HighFade

Lol stop leaving yourself the tap ins for par

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

LMAO!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hahaha I think we can all relate.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I can definitely relate. I'm usually good for at least one missed 3 footer per round. Even on days when I have 25-30 putts per round. Its amazing to me.

On a side note we had the member/guest Fourball at my club this passed weekend. On Sunday we were put into the championship flight and were 7 off the lead so no real shot at it. This is usually a very laid back tourney and most treat it like a money game. Give people tap ins and 1 footers and such to speed up play. On the 1st hole I tried to give our opponents(golf coaches at a local private college) a 1.5 foot putt to show some good will since I had a 2 inch tap in for birdie. They announced that we would be putting everything out today which was fine with me but I thought it shouldn't have been announced in such a pompous way. They missed their 1.5 foot putt and another similar to it and we didn't miss anything outside 4 feet all day. I found karma was strong on the course that day.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

A few years back I was super excited to get promoted to championship flight.  I was so nervous for that first tournament. 

On the first hole, my knees were shaking.  But I laced the driver down the middle, leaving myself with an easy 8 iron into the green.  Dropped that to 20 feet and 4-putted. Ugh.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

A few years back I was super excited to get promoted to championship flight.  I was so nervous for that first tournament. 

On the first hole, my knees were shaking.  But I laced the driver down the middle, leaving myself with an easy 8 iron into the green.  Dropped that to 20 feet and 4-putted. Ugh.

Nerves never affect the big muscles. LOL its those pesky little muscles in the hands that get all twitchy. I think I was in the same boat as you in my first championship flight in the club championship last year. I definitely was not up for the task then. I think I've come a long way since then though.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Tournament golf is always a different animal. I've played in hundreds if not thousands of tournaments and although on a much smaller scale, the nerves are still there for the first hole or two. I rarely three putt, but I've definitely had a four putt or two during tournaments! Hell I even missed one from 18" one time! Didn't even sniff the hole!!! hahahaha

I'm sorry if you've heard this one before but my first tournament ever my putting was off. I could tell in the days prior it was going to be bad. Even the practice green that day I was all over the place.

First hole I three putted for a double and when you consider where I was and how bad I was putting-- it was acceptable..

The second lives in infamy with my friends. Hit a perfect drive and miss hit a pitch shot but still was on the green 50 feet away. My buddy texted me how it's going and told him I'm on the green in two. Five minutes later he gets a text: I just tapped in for 9. I seven putted the second hole. A legit 7 putt. Tournament was officially over after weeks of practice.  I shot 115 that day, but soldiered on even as I had mulitple holes where other was redefined. I was laughed with/at by the guy who runs the place after he heard the story. The next round after working on putting I shot 95. Since that day, I've always worked on putting and not being nervous. I've realized that experience was needed. Ever since, I can say sure I've had worse. Plus it makes a great story to tell when someone says they stink at putting.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I'm sorry if you've heard this one before but my first tournament ever my putting was off. I could tell in the days prior it was going to be bad. Even the practice green that day I was all over the place.

First hole I three putted for a double and when you consider where I was and how bad I was putting-- it was acceptable..

The second lives in infamy with my friends. Hit a perfect drive and miss hit a pitch shot but still was on the green 50 feet away. My buddy texted me how it's going and told him I'm on the green in two. Five minutes later he gets a text: I just tapped in for 9. I seven putted the second hole. A legit 7 putt. Tournament was officially over after weeks of practice.  I shot 115 that day, but soldiered on even as I had mulitple holes where other was redefined. I was laughed with/at by the guy who runs the place after he heard the story. The next round after working on putting I shot 95. Since that day, I've always worked on putting and not being nervous. I've realized that experience was needed. Ever since, I can say sure I've had worse. Plus it makes a great story to tell when someone says they stink at putting.

Wow! That's a story I hope never happens to me. The worst I've ever putted was a 4-putt for DB in our club championship about 10 years ago. (It was my last 4-putt; knock on wood :) I used to be a terrible putter. Not bad from long range, but could easily 3-putt from less than 6 feet. I've seen a few pros do it too. I'm not bad now after a lot of practice and finding the right putter for me. So, I know it can be overcome.

"Just taaap it in."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't think I 1 putted a single green yesterday. This after 1 putting 7 just Saturday... Same putter, same course. Had 3 eagle putts and 2 birdie putts, 3 of those being inside 12 feet. Ended up with 1 birdie and 4 pars... Yeah, I was putting with a live snake yesterday.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

7 putt?!?!?

Holy crap! I've seen that happen before but it was in a couples league alternate shot- freaking hilarious, top ten funniest ever on a golf course.

One guy laughed while the other guy attempted to count the putts. It was funny to watch him go through and have to start over again 3-4 times. I thought I had 6 but I was so mad I couldn't count and  trusted him when he came up with the seven total. Worst part was I had 4 putts from 5 feet and in. I was so over the top that I pushed, pulled, pulled and then finally mistakenly sank it. Luckily those guys were cool with it and were able to play their game with me stinking it up.

Other highlight from that round was on 17. Took me 5 to get off the tee. Sliced the first into the woods OB right, hooked the next into the weeds left, and then managed to hit a 5 wood 100 yards or so down the middle. Think that one I tapped in for an 11 or 13. 

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Played in the club championship last year and one of my playing partners, who was playing decent for the day, hit his tee shot in the fairway bunker on 17, rhen hit his second shot into the front of the green side bunker left of the green, flag was also back left, on this hole with this flag position, that bunker is certain death, you cannot hit it on that bunker, to shorten this up a bit, the result was a tap in 10 after 7 shots to try and get out of the bunker, on the 7th shot he put it 6" from the cup. He shot an 89. As playing partners that day we didn't know what to do, do we laugh, cry, or what, we felt really bad for him, but e didn't say anything, we just watched in horror. What was worse is that I had 2 feet for birdie, so I had wait the entire time to attempt the putt. The whole incident was horrifying to watch. Yes I did make the birdie.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Hahaha your attitude is great! I would definitely enjoy a round with you.

In fairness, all you can do is laugh. I mean, it stinks but there's a lot worse things.

Archived