TESTERS WANTED! ×

I just purchased this device called Cobra Speed Monitor from a friend.  The device looks like a full blown launch monitor (almost as big as a GC2).  Except you can't connect this to a computer to get the reading.  The readings are displayed on the small LCD on the device.  The most important thing that I like about this device that it gives ball speed and launch angle. Well I thought better thing than buying a skytrak.  But are the readings pretty accurate?   Has anyone used this device before and compare it with a Foresight CG2?   Any feedbacks from previous owners are appreaciated!

I have one of these in the garage...don't know if it even works. They were used for demo days and fittings for Corba tech reps and clubfitters about ten years or so ago. Not real sure how accurate they are, but my guess is they pale in comparison to today's offerings thinking in how much technology has advanced in ten years. Made by Accusport I think? Who is no longer in business I think?

Sorry, I can't help, but Google is our friend!

I have one of these in the garage...don't know if it even works. They were used for demo days and fittings for Corba tech reps and clubfitters about ten years or so ago. Not real sure how accurate they are, but my guess is they pale in comparison to today's offerings thinking in how much technology has advanced in ten years. Made by Accusport I think? Who is no longer in business I think?

Sorry, I can't help, but Google is our friend!

no, not ten years ago.  The device was made in 2006 by accusport (according the manual).   If Cobra fitters used them, it means they should be pretty good.  The only caveat that this device doesn't register is spin.   I emailed cobra customer service, and the guy said "this device is pretty accurate.  I'm suprised that the battery is not dead after all these years".  

Googled it everywhere... no luck.  Only a bunch of sellers who wanted to sell them....

no, not ten years ago.  The device was made in 2006 by accusport (according the manual).   If Cobra fitters used them, it means they should be pretty good.  The only caveat that this device doesn't register is spin.   I emailed cobra customer service, and the guy said "this device is pretty accurate.  I'm suprised that the battery is not dead after all these years".  

Googled it everywhere... no luck.  Only a bunch of sellers who wanted to sell them....

So I say "10 years or so ago" and you say "no, not ten years, 2006" (9 years ago)... What a piece of work you are...

Anyway, tried to plug mine in last night and it wouldn't turn on. Went to Accusport online who is out of business and no longer services these. Followed some links and looks like they are now doing the SkyTrak launch monitor which was tested on this site and was pretty accurate but costs $2k. Looks like I need to pull this bad boy apart. If I can get it to work, maybe I'll take it to Club Champion or somewhere I can get a comparison pulled up.

So I say "10 years or so ago" and you say "no, not ten years, 2006" (9 years ago)... What a piece of work you are...

Anyway, tried to plug mine in last night and it wouldn't turn on. Went to Accusport online who is out of business and no longer services these. Followed some links and looks like they are now doing the SkyTrak launch monitor which was tested on this site and was pretty accurate but costs $2k. Looks like I need to pull this bad boy apart. If I can get it to work, maybe I'll take it to Club Champion or somewhere I can get a comparison pulled up.

Haha! I was going to say, 2006 is damn near 10 years ago. WTH?

Sorry I work in the computer industry, if you say a product is 9 years old, you'll say it 9 years old and not 10 years old.  Everybody in this industry will go nuts if you say a product is 10 years old and if in fact it was produced in 2006.  One year do make a big difference.... same for a launch monitor. Because it's basically a computer technology..... (I have looked inside a broken launch monitor before and it has a processor!!!).

But if you are talking about golf clubs.... WTF cares it was 10 years old and 9 years old.  They are still the same until now. 

Thanks that you are trying to help me though....

If they work so well, how come everyone wants to sell them?

to be honest, my friend owns a pawn shop.... and he knows nothing about golf fitting.  He said some some clubmaker sold it to him.  Everything works fine so he agreed to buy it from him.   BTW people who used them sold it maybe because they have a newer LM such as Flightscope or GC2 or Skytrack (which i I think not accurate at all).  

First impression anyway regardless the accuracy, I like this cobra monitor because you don't have to plug in to a computer.  It has a LCD display.  And all you need is to charge the battery for 4 hours and you can use it anywhere without electricity.   You can even bring it to a driving range and if you don't care people staring at you..... if this device work, it could a really good tool to "benchmark" your swing....

But if you are talking about golf clubs.... WTF cares it was 10 years old and 9 years old.  They are still the same until now. 

Thanks that you are trying to help me though....

I'm positive every person in the golf industry is as annoyed by this statement as you were about 9 years versus 10 years.

Self awareness failure.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Op

Learn to read. 10 years or so ago. This is the last time im saying it. I said "10 years or so ago." Stop putting words in my mouth. Tech people are such awkward conversationalists.

Not real sure how you could benchmark your swing with ball speed, launch angle, and calculated distance- but you sound like you think you're smart. You'll figure it out.

Op

Learn to read. 10 years or so ago. This is the last time im saying it. I said "10 years or so ago." Stop putting words in my mouth. Tech people are such awkward conversationalists.

Not real sure how you could benchmark your swing with ball speed, launch angle, and calculated distance- but you sound like you think you're smart. You'll figure it out.

I think I'm smart?? huh?? so when I said I work in the computer industry, it means I'm smart?  I'm not sure about that... but I know how computer works..... smart can mean different for many people. 

And you have to thank these awkward people for making the internet possible.  Computer nerds are the one who made the websites including Mygolfspy website and forum.  IF you don't like it, then don't use the computer and internet.... simple as that!!!

Learn to read?  how about you learn to do math correctly..... in math, 9 and 10 are different numbers....

it's been an awkward thread since you chimed in.... and you think are you helping... but you are not! 

Let's review the conversation.  I'm asking if the Cobra Speed monitor is accurate or not and you keep bubling you have a broken one in YOUR garage (if it's broken then how can make sure it's accurate?? LOL)..... and then, mentioned why people are selling it if it's accurate.  Then you personally attacked my reading skill..... because You said it's more than 10 years and I'm annoyed by that.  And in fact, it was manufactured by accusport in 2006.  And Speaking about awkward.... I think you are talking about yourself.  Need a mirror, buddy? 

I'm positive every person in the golf industry is as annoyed by this statement as you were about 9 years versus 10 years.

Self awareness failure.

if you are a golfer and have been golfing for 10 years and buy clubs every year...... I'm sure you won't be annoyed. 

Golf clubs are useless without fitting.  Fitting is what made people hitting longer..... and not the golf clubs alone....

Geez, he was trying to answer your question. FWIW, "about 10 or so years ago" is an approximation, not a statement of an exact date. 2006 certainly falls close enough to fit that approximate time frame since we are nearly halfway through 2015. Not to mention, how do you know they didn't make some in 2005 as well? Whatever. It's kind of strange to pick apart the answer from what seems to be the only guy in here even familiar with what you have. But like I said...whatever....

Geez, he was trying to answer your question. FWIW, "about 10 or so years ago" is an approximation, not a statement of an exact date. 2006 certainly falls close enough to fit that approximate time frame since we are nearly halfway through 2015. Not to mention, how do you know they didn't make some in 2005 as well? Whatever. It's kind of strange to pick apart the answer from what seems to be the only guy in here even familiar with what you have. But like I said...whatever....

yeah.. but no need to mention tech people as awkward people.... that's just the stereotype.... it's 2015 not 1980s when Bill Gates was starting his business.....

if you are a golfer and have been golfing for 10 years and buy clubs every year...... I'm sure you won't be annoyed. 

Golf clubs are useless without fitting.  Fitting is what made people hitting longer..... and not the golf clubs alone....

I have been golfing for 30+ and buy clubs every year....yet I am not annoyed one bit.

In the spirit of the original thread I have an SC100 monitor that I don't need to plug into a computer, about the size of my iPhone and it works fantastic for what it was designed to do.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Alot of animosity in this thread lol.

accusport also makes the vector launch monitors. Look up and see some reviews on them vs CG2. They are newer tech but it could apply. Also I don't see any reviews of it online so your best shot would be to email accusport about it. http://www.accusport.com/ball-speed-monitor.html

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Alot of animosity in this thread lol.

accusport also makes the vector launch monitors. Look up and see some reviews on them vs CG2. They are newer tech but it could apply. Also I don't see any reviews of it online so your best shot would be to email accusport about it. http://www.accusport.com/ball-speed-monitor.html

Accusport has closed up shop- out of business

Accusport has closed up shop- out of business

oh yea... forgot about that

Either way I would check the reviews on the vectors vs the CG2. And then subtract the stuff the cobra monitor doesn't do.

I have been golfing for 30+ and buy clubs every year....yet I am not annoyed one bit.

In the spirit of the original thread I have an SC100 monitor that I don't need to plug into a computer, about the size of my iPhone and it works fantastic for what it was designed to do.

Can you please be more precise? Is it 29, 30 or 31 years? :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Can you please be more precise? Is it 29, 30 or 31 years? :D

35 years, 3 months, 21 days.

WITB 2024

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

35 years, 3 months, 21 days.

You forgot to add "and counting." Otherwise people would think you may have retired haha

• 3 weeks later...

Not feeling motivated to work today, so figured I'd see if I couldn't make this dinosaur from about ten years or so ago work.image.jpg

Well ain't that a b*tchimage.jpg

I don't have heaps of room in my office- if I had another three feet I could hit driver. Only good for about a 7-iron on down.

Once it fired up I had to test it! So, I was ***-slapping a pitching wedge from about hip height back and through and these were the numbers I was getting.

Pretty sure this thing thinks you're hitting a driver at all times, so there's no real way of calculating distances for anything other than that. I guess it'd be good for ball speed? Estimated club head speed? And launch angle?

Not feeling motivated to work today, so figured I'd see if I couldn't make this dinosaur from about ten years or so ago work. image.jpg

Well ain't that a b*tch image.jpg

I don't have heaps of room in my office- if I had another three feet I could hit driver. Only good for about a 7-iron on down.

Once it fired up I had to test it! So, I was ***-slapping a pitching wedge from about hip height back and through and these were the numbers I was getting.

Pretty sure this thing thinks you're hitting a driver at all times, so there's no real way of calculating distances for anything other than that. I guess it'd be good for ball speed? Estimated club head speed? And launch angle?

So it's basically one step above my es12 with twice the bulk lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I would honestly consider it about ten steps back from anything that is out there currently. I mean honestly who the heck wants to set this stupid thing up at the range? Your distance is NOT EVEN CLOSE unless you're hitting a driver or three wood or hybrid that is on a tee.

I would prefer an ES12 ES14 ESanything to this!

I guess it would be good if you were a long drive guy.

Thanks for the mini review!

How long did it take to set that up?

WITB 2024