Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

So Tiger gets his own driver

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Since I am not a big Nike fan, exactly how is this driver different?

"And for the first time ever, the same driver head that Tiger uses on tour will be available to every golfer trying to take their drives to the next level."

The way Tiger has been hitting the ball, I'm not sure this will be a big seller.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Since I am not a big Nike fan, exactly how is this driver different?

It's a much smaller head 420cc. Bonded instead of adjustable. Also has a different compression channel than the regular vapor driver.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

They should avoid the "next level driving" sales pitch. That has not been tiger's forte with the vapor. With that said...

I WANT.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

It's a much smaller head 420cc. Bonded instead of adjustable. Also has a different compression channel than the regular vapor driver.

That means I won't hit it out of bounds, right?  Like Tiger ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

They should avoid the "next level driving" sales pitch. That has not been tiger's forte with the vapor. With that said...

I WANT.

I do too but I know that I hit 460CC heads so much better that it's prolly smarter to get the all volt vapor speed.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I WANT.

I take the Tiger hasn't been a good driver in 4 of the last 6 years stance. Can't be the drivers fault. Maybe that's the only thing keeping it in the general area of the course.

Me want also!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Being the general public and watching Tiger play, I think I would rather buy Rory's driver. Right now, I don't think Tiger is a good marketing pitch for Nike. Now, if he wins this year with it and particularly if it's a major, then different story!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

When we were at Nike, they told us Tiger was a huge fan of the compression channel and really wanted it back.  They were hoping he'd take to the Vapor Flex - the head size and shape was designed with him in mind, but apparently he wasn't fond of it.  Their driver development team told us the 420CC head was designed for Tiger - but I'm guessing the Vapor Flex adjustability didn't sit well with him, so they came up with this.

Nike also told us they want to make sure any product they make for their pro staff is the same that we can buy - they don't want any "tour only" products.  Take that for what it's worth, but I'm guessing that's why this is being released for us mere mortals...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Nike to Release Vapor Speed Driver With Tiger Woods' Exact Specs

More
tiger-woods-nike-driver_960.jpg?itok=wDP
Photo: Courtesy of Nike
Nike Tiger Woods Vapor Speed Driver

by Michael Chwasky
Posted: Tue May. 26, 2015

Nike Golf is making the Vapor Speed driver with Tiger's exact specs available in limited quantities for anyone who wants to go at it like a 14-time major champion.

The Vapor Speed TW driver ($399) features many of the same design characteristics as the standard Vapor Speed including a reinforced cavity back for added forgiveness and improved launch conditions and a compression channel in the sole for faster ballspeed on shots struck in the mid and low areas of the clubhead.

All the technology comes in a more compact, pear-shaped clubhead that is permanently bonded with a fixed hosel rather than the adjustable version available in the standard model. The TW also features 10.5-degrees of loft and comes with a Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 73 shaft.

Photo: Courtesy of Niketiger-woods-nike-driver-2_640.jpg
Nike Tiger Woods Vapor Speed Driver

“Stability has always been the most important thing to me when choosing a driver,” said Woods. “I like the pear shape. It is appealing to my eye and it also has a slightly lower MOI (Moment of Inertia) that allows me to shape shots easier.”

The Vapor Speed TW driver will be available at nike.com on June 1st and at select retailers on June 15th.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If it's really tiger spec (2+ degrees open), color me interested/volt.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Its just marketing hype.  Its much like how people overpay on Ebay for tour issue equipment.

For the average player, this driver isnt going to anything special but its going to make some of them rush out to buy Tiger's driver.  The way Tiger has been driving it for the past couple years, Im not sure Id want his driver anyways.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

If it's really tiger spec (2+ degrees open), color me interested/volt.

I bet they'd handpick one for you if you called Nike.

After hitting the Vapor line at a demo day a few weeks ago, it is a good driver, but still not gonna kick the SLDR outta my bag. That thing has only gotten better for me as my fitness has improved.  

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

What loft is it going to be?

10.5* if I remember correctly.

He likes pear shaped drivers...wonder if that's how he picks his women (I know I know....)

I just switched over to the TourEdge Beta head and really like the 440cc to it. I don't find it much different than the 460, at least to my eye. 

The BBA DBD driver I hit the other day had that same look. I even asked the rep and he told me it was 460 but it looked so much smaller. 

Regardless, it will sell. Tiger's name sells, whether hes playing well or not.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

He likes pear shaped drivers...wonder if that's how he picks his women (I know I know....)

I just switched over to the TourEdge Beta head and really like the 440cc to it. I don't find it much different than the 460, at least to my eye. 

The BBA DBD driver I hit the other day had that same look. I even asked the rep and he told me it was 460 but it looked so much smaller. 

if you want something 460cc and small, FT-3 is the smallest ever.....

True that! And of course that proves that PT Barnum was right, there is one born every minute. Really? Even 90 % of the guys on tour wouldn't want Tiger's equipment because their swing type is different from his and.... Catch this next part....they have the ability to adjust to it, but they pass.

Does anyone who works a regular job outside of golf professional have the time to mess around with equipment that isn't suited to their game? That comment is not to be about ability or swing speed it's about the reality that very few people have the time to be messing with equipment that fits perhaps only one golfer or at most .00001 % of the golfing population, you know the ones who hit 500 balls a day for a living.

Go ahead if you'd like, I'll stick with my ugly GI irons and big headed driver no matter how unplayer like they make me look. just please bring your wallet when you come to play. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That was my thought too. Why would anyone want to play a driver spec'd for Tiger? That's almost a 100% guarantee it won't be a good fit for them. But there will be people with more money than sense who "have" to have it so they can "impress" their buddies.

I just thought of something. Are people going to have to play his 93g X stiff blueboard in this? If so then good luck to the masses HAHAHA

I generally like releases from the pros but Joe schmoe won't be able to get this thing around at all. For them it will be like swinging the heavy training driver haha

Never mind it's Tigers driver head. It comes with a 73g billboard.

I was about to say

Never mind it's Tigers driver head. It comes with a 73g billboard.

I was about to say

It's a 10.5 degree head too. So I doubt it's exactly like tigers specs lol

Actually given Tiger's AoA I would suspect he is using a 10.5.  That would help his launch angle - But regardless why?  Why when very few guys on tour if any would use the same specs as Tiger would someone here consider it?  Even if you had the same swing characteristics as his he would need something different - he's doing it for a living, he's playing courses that are set up totally differently from the ones we play - notice I said differently not necessarily more difficult (although in the case of most tournaments and most courses yes way more difficult).  Why would you want to play what he plays beyond perhaps the ball? 

You are going to have different needs to get your game around the course(s) you normally play than he does even if you have the same swing speed as he does.  I'm a reasonably good golfer who works at his game - that gets me on the golf course or practice facility 4 or sometimes 5 days a week in season.  During that time I may hit 100 practice balls.  He's hitting 500 a day, there is no such thing as an offseason for him and there are very few days out of the year when he is not working on his game.  I hit the ball in the fairway 80 percent of the time off the tee - I missed three fairways yesterday and all three were in the first cut - they were fine - on the proper side, with the proper approach into the green.  I need way more forgiveness in a driver than a touring pro does. 

I don't get the excitement about this product release.  I'd think that we would know better than that here.  Maybe someone can help me out on this one because I'm always ready to learn. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For someone like you and I Rev, I guess it would be the novelty of it. Telling your buddy, hey I've got Tiger's driver. Want to hit it?

• 3 weeks later...

So this weekends been quite the boom for the new and improved Tiger driver. I'm sure there's been quite the run on them. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So this weekends been quite the boom for the new and improved Tiger driver. I'm sure there's been quite the run on them. :)

Give me DJ's and we may can talk

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger actually uses 11.25 degrees of loft at 59.25 degree lie angle, and a +2 3/2 face angle at 45.25" and tipped 1.5".  At least that's what his last several drivers were. 

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

GUARANTEE it wouldn't make me worse off the tee than I am right now. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20