Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

So Tiger gets his own driver

I'm torn with Tiger. On one hand, as a father and a family man,  what he did to his family he is getting now in spades and he deserves it. Karma's a b*tch as they say and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed how much his game has suffered since the scandal.The fan in me though still wants him to succeed. Whether I like it or not, he's MY GENERATION'S Jack Nicklaus. He's the guy I looked up to, who I enjoyed watching week after week. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I don't care what Tiger does outside golf.  I only care what he does on the course.   Let's not judge people if you don't know them personally.   Everyone has their own weaknesses.   And the media magnify the weaknesses just because they want a high rating.  The media don't care anything about the person on the spotlight is getting a bad coverage.  Remember what happened to princess Diana?? ring a bell? 

And you should thank the guy because younger people are starting to pick up the sport.  And it means a good future for golf.  When I was young (and it was a loooong time ago), nobody liked golf.   Whenever I played golf (when Tiger was still an amateur), I only saw a bunch of 50 year old smacking and swearing because they slice their driver.  

Best post you have ever made superduper. Very true

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I don't care what Tiger does outside golf.  I only care what he does on the course.   Let's not judge people if you don't know them personally.   Everyone has their own weaknesses.   And the media magnify the weaknesses just because they want a high rating.  The media don't care anything about the person on the spotlight is getting a bad coverage.  Remember what happened to princess Diana?? ring a bell? 

And you should thank the guy because younger people are starting to pick up the sport.  And it means a good future for golf.  When I was young (and it was a loooong time ago), nobody liked golf.   Whenever I played golf (when Tiger was still an amateur), I only saw a bunch of 50 year old smacking and swearing because they slice their driver.  

I agree with you but here's the thing. When you become as big as Tiger, you also carry a role model image and responsibility. The media can magnify everything he does because of WHO he is. At the end of the day, he's the face of golf and when something like this happens, golf takes a hit also. You didn't hear anything like this happening when Jack and Arnie were ruling the golf world (yes different time but regardless had they done something bad or out of character, it would have been caught). 

Point being is we need a healthy Tiger, golf needs him. I hope that he finds his game in time to get the young bloods coming up and show them that he's not ready to give up his throne just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan and always will be. Yes we all have our weaknesses as well as are strengths but when you ascend to the top of the mountain of anything, you need to lead by example. As a father, I have responsibilities not only to my wife but my kids. I hold them in high regard. I was a borderline alcoholic who drank stupid levels of alcohol and even dabbled in drugs. Once I had my first born though, my priorities changed.

He can do whatever he wants off the golf course, it certainly is his life but if that's what he wants to do, they shouldn't have built him up as this great family man. His team did this not anyone else.   

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

No way I'd buy this driver.  Why would I want to stay home on the weekend?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived