TESTERS WANTED! ×

POLL :What golf balls are you playing for 2015 so far ?

jkittlesen

Snell My Tour Ball.

I have 5 dozen sitting at my house (Fathers Day Sale.... :rolleyes: ) So I'm in deep. Love the ball. Feels every bit as good as the Pro V1, and better than the Pro V1X. Same great spin as the Pro V and more distance on irons/driver. Irons drop and stop. Can't ask for more out of a ball, and at $32 they're a no brainer.

Even less than that with the buy four get one free deal they have. Awesome ball!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

honestly i can say maxfli u4x- i wish i bought more. until they run  out theyll be my faves. new duo, and one rznx from awhile ago are up there also.

i would definately like to try the Nicklaus black and Snell balls.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

2013 Pro v1X and Bridgestone B-330S are currently in the bag. Played with the bridgestone 330R for most of the winter and spring but switched over. Trying out the Wilson FG tours.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

So far this Spring I have gamed: Maxfli Softfli; Titleist DT Solo; Wilson Duo; Wilson Duo Spin and 3UP 2piece........so far I like the Softfli and the 3UP.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Tried the TP, TPX, ProV1, V1x and Chrome Soft. 

Chrome Soft is now the gamer. Fantastic ball. Second place is the regular ProV. Would love to get a sample of the Snell though.

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

I used to play Pro-V's just because I loved the feel and hated the peer pressure. I hated the price tag! Then I found an E-6 Bridgstone and made my first hole in one. Played them for three years. This year I tried a bunch of different ones, bridgestone 330, Maxifly, Taylor Mades... and ended up liking the Titleist Velocity the best. I've played about 12 rounds with them. Figured I wanted to see what I may be missing and went back to my old E-6 favorite... and lasted one hole until I went back to the Velocity. I love the feel, the distance, the price. My only wish is they made them in fluorescent yellow or obnoxious orange!!

In my bag

Drivers: Grenade II, Standard flex!

FW Woods:  Cobra Fly-Z set 14.5* w/VLCT-Sp Stiff graphite shaft

Irons:  Taylor Made Speed Blades tweeked 1* w/graphite Matrix 55 gram  M shafts

Wedges:   Taylor Made Speed Blade P & A w/Matrix 55 gram M shaft, 56* SCOR V sole w/Genius 9 graphite shaft, Cleveland 60* w/steel Stiff shaft.
Putter:   SeeMore X2 custom

Balls: Snell

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my first dozen of yellow golf balls, Callaway Supersoft.

Putted in the house and they are soft off the face for sure, comparing to my Maxfli U6.

Looking forward to hitting a low compression ball.

Plus it finally stopped raining here.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

I started off the season with Yellow NXTs, and switched to Taylormade TP Black I had left over.

I decided to start gaming the MG C4 after playing one a friend gave me to try and my shipment just came in today!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I started off the season with Yellow NXTs, and switched to Taylormade TP Black I had left over.

I decided to start gaming the MG C4 after playing one a friend gave me to try and my shipment just came in today!

You will like them.  I am still undecided about the MG C4 and the Snell MTB.  They are both good and feel very similar.  I would love it if either one came in optic yellow, but as Dean pointed out in the Quo Vadis Golf ball thread, very difficult and expensive to do.  So I will suffer with white.  I will change to the Bridgestone Precept Lady in yellow when it gets cold this winter.  The next week or so I will be wishing for cold weather again.  107-112* for a week!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

107-112* for a week!!

WOW!!!

I've also been playing yellow balls in early spring and in the fall, but for some reason it seems like this past spring, I could actually locate the white balls better when I'm in the rough.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Played 18 today switching between Supersoft and my U6.

Never have hit a low compression ball before all I can say is what a strange feeling the first time was.

Took some getting used to, one round is not much of a test but distance of the driver was about normal and the feeling around the greens and off the putter was the best part.

Looking forward to more testing.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Archived