TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Irons

vince

I recently received my new  set of Ben Hogan irons and was blown away with how easy they are to hit for a mid-handicapper(13.5 index) like myself. When I first saw the irons advertised I wasn't certain that I would be able to hit such an iron that looks and feels like a blade iron.  I purchased one iron, a 35 degree loft and hit it for several days and couldn't believe how easy it was to hit. Much easier than my previous game improvement irons I use to play from both Taylormade(SLDR irons--which are very good irons) and previous game improvement irons from Callaway. The Ben Hogan irons have all their weight distributed in and around the sweetspot as opposed to most other game improvement irons that have weight distributed to the heel and toe which when you think about makes little sense since extreme toe and heel strikes will still end up being very poor shots even with perimeter weighting.  Their gapping system makes far more sense to me than how all game improvement irons are gapped. I am able to hit more consistent distances with the Hogan irons. Mid-handicap golfers should not be reluctant to try these. They are truly revolutionary which is very uncommon today with all the crazy hype about jacked up lofted irons. 

I have no affiliation with the Hogan company. I am just another average golfer that now has a set of irons that performs like no other set that I have ever owned. 

Good to see your feedback.  You may not get a ton of response here at this point because several of us are testing these irons and wedges out for reviews that will be published here

See this thread  http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/13981-forum-member-reviews-ben-hogan-ft-worth-15-ironstk15-wedges/  for more info.

Most of us doing the reviews cannot comment too much on here because we don't want to "spoil" the review.  But hang tight.  Soon there will be a lot of discussion.  Having said that, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I am glad you stopped-by to share them.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Can't agree more with what Mike said.

One thing, Vince, is please come into the thread and generate some discussion on these irons! We would love to have feedback on your experience with the irons!

Being a tester myself, I have some excellent experiences so far and am excited to get to these reviews over the coming weeks! Stop by and give some feedback man!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Thanks!! I certainly will. Just an added note. Four different caddies at my club were amazed with how these Hogan irons perform through the turf. These caddies are all strong golfers(much better than I am). My caddie on Thursday was so impressed that he is canceling an existing order of other blade irons so he can first play with the Hogans before he makes a final decision. I dealt directly with the company when ordering my irons and the gentleman I worked with(Frank Wally) new his technical stuff and knew exactly what shaft would most likely work for me. It will probably be a while before the better pro shops are equipped with enough demos to properly fit someone. 

Archived