TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Pride - Grip Dominator, Redux

Another release from Golf Pride - they kinda dominate the grip game, don't they? 

Top Players Choose Golf Pride Grips at 2015 U.S. Open

SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. â€¦ Power management company Eaton announced today that its Golf Pride Grips Division was the leading grip brand played by professionals and amateurs at the 2015 U.S. Open Championship. The overwhelming majority, 119 players, competing in the year's second major trusted their games to Golf Pride grips.  Out of the top 10 finishers, 10 of 11 players had more confidence with Golf Pride grips in their hands. 

Golf Pride's popular Tour Velvet® family of grips were used by 76 players during this year's U.S. Open.  All three Tour Velvet models – Tour Velvet, Tour Velvet Cord and Tour Velvet Super Tackâ„¢ â€“ finished in the top 10.  The second most popular grips in play were Golf Pride's MCCâ„¢ family with 25 players, including 3 in the top 10, relying on its hybrid grip technology. 

“Including this year's tournament, players choosing to use Golf Pride grips have won 9 out of the last 10 U.S. Opens,” said Brandon Sowell, global sales and marketing director for Golf Pride.  “We have a legacy of winning performance, and it's also great to see one of our latest innovations, the Tour Velvet Super Tack, finish in the hands of a top performer, further validating our ongoing commitment to develop leading-edge technology.”

To view Golf Pride's entire line of products played at Chambers Bay visit www.golfpride.com.

Eaton's Golf Grip Division is the world's largest manufacturer of golf grips, with manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities on six continents.  The division's Golf Pride brand is recognized globally as the number one choice in grips among tour and recreational players, competitive amateur golfers, club manufacturers and club repairmen.  For more information, visit www.golfpride.com or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/GolfPride

Eaton is a power management company with 2014 sales of $22.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.

TVSuperTackhigh).jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Earlier this week I re-griped* my irons and driver with the GP CP2 Wrap. I had been playing the Tour Velvet Super Tack. I liked the TV super tack just fine but it was time to re-grip is all. A buddy had recently put on a set of the CP2's and I liked the way they felt. Historically I've been a GP basic Tour Wrap player. The TV that I replaced had been built-up slightly under my lower (right) hand. The new CP2's have that feature built in to the grip design so no need for extra tape. I've practiced twice and played a 9-hole evening scramble at the club and I love the feel of these grips. According to GP the CP2 grip provides "minimal" feedback while the TV super tack provides "moderate" feedback. I'm not sure I can distinguish that. I will say the CP2's are just slightly softer I suppose. Not mushy though. As for the 'Comfort Control Core Technology" I can't feel or see anything different or out of the ordinary. Golf Pride offers two models of the CP2. The Wrap and the Pro. The only difference is the CP2 Pro incorporates more of the Tour Velvet design pattern as opposed to the wrap style. Both of these grips are non-corded.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm a big fan of the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. Have always loved the cushy feel of them. Lamkin have the R.E.L. ones that are basically the same.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

See that grip at the top of the thread? That's the grip I replaced with the new CP2. I was very pleased with the grip and didn't find it to be "cushy" at all. More to the firm side if anything. But nice and tacky. I'd play them again someday. I think there might be another GP Velvet grip model that IS more cushy but mine were not.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived