Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The OFFICIAL Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread - PRIZE ANNOUNCED!

JBones

greenbrier-classic-JPG.jpg

The 2015 Greenbrier Classic has begun.

Can Tiger have a strong showing, heading into The Open Championship?  Will the "old" Argentine repeat as champion?  Will we see another young star not named Jordan or Rory finally make an appearance?

We invite you to join in the conversation with other passionate golfers, while having a chance to win prizes throughout the tournament.

WATCH, DISCUSS, WIN!

From the MyGolfSpy Prize Vault - comment your brains out this weekend and win this awesome package -- a sweet leather click-belt from the good folks at SlideBelt, a package of Martini tees and a Cobra beer coozie! 

prize.jpg

Life is good -- let's get this party started!!!

Was this week's rumor the key to set Tiger free to play well? Or, is he simply a beast at "augusta" style courses? Wish I was in Greenbriar this weekend, but there room rates were absurd!

Fortunately, the rain is letting up so we can have some good play!

So, I am watching the afternoon groups.  Keegan Bradley is looking at a birdie putt of 28' 5'' as was shown on the jumbo screen just off the green; right in his line of sight.  Doesn't that constitute outside information if he knows exactly how long the putt is?  

Didn't really help though since he 3-putted!  haha

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'd like to see Finau get some love. He's local to my area so its cool to see him playing well on tour. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Pretty good tournament so far! Awesome seeing Tiger making some birdies again! 

One gets the feeling that Tiger just needs one good week to get some confidence back. He has been through a couple of swing changes in the past and the same thing happened.

I for one can't wait to see him back to form again! Nothing more exciting when he gets going and the game needs him back!

Looks like Bubba was falling asleep on the golf course! Probably can't blame the guy after his win last week......

I am sure with the rain and a soft golf course we are going to see some seriously low scoring this week.

Cheers  

OMG, John Daly may make the cut!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Prize package announced!!!   Comment your brains out this weekend and here's what you can win:

prize.jpg

That's an awesome, high quality leather click-belt from the good folks at SlideBelt, plus a pack of Martini tees and a Cobra beer coozie....

And to start, who the hell is Scott Langley, and why isn't he on my Fantasy team?????

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The pros do tend to tear up this course with some pretty low scores.  With the field as it is, can Tiger keep it together and contend?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looks like Bill Haas's wheels fell off...

Daly falls past the cut line

Course doesn't seem to be playing any harder, winning score will likely be -20+, if this keeps up.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Yes, he can win. But there is no more "Tiger". That time is over, but he still shows his skills from time to time.

He's a lonely man who's super rich. Who will be honest with him, and will he listen? He's still extremely arrogant.

I hope he gets his personal life in order more than his golf game. I know he's still the ratings king, but I'm very happy to see the new guys out there winning.

Yes, he can win. But there is no more "Tiger". That time is over, but he still shows his skills from time to time.

He's a lonely man who's super rich. Who will be honest with him, and will he listen? He's still extremely arrogant.

I hope he gets his personal life in order more than his golf game. I know he's still the ratings king, but I'm very happy to see the new guys out there winning.

So does this mean we have to call him Eldrick now?

Paul Casey +2 after the first two holes... - NO!!!!

Webb Simpson digging a deeper hole...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

My fantasy roster has collectively lost their game...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Top ten finish would be nice to get back into the swing. If he drops off big time I'd like to see h take a full year off to get right. Doubtful it would happen with all the sponsorships in play.

TM - SLDR Driver, 3W, 3 Hybrid - Stock X

Srixon- z545 4-PW. - DGx100

Cleveland - Rotex 2.0 - 50,56,60 - DG x100

Oddesey Versa 1w White/Black

Well, Tiger' playing the weekend.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Oooooo is Stuart Appleby in the field maybe he'll shoot 59 again and win.  Speaking of winning can I have the belt please I'm so broke I can't afford one to hold my bloody pants up :lol:

There's nothing sadder than a club Ho that can't afford to buy something he sees that he thinks he needs!

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I think I should have taken DeLaet off the bench this morning...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Man tigers walk of shame on 11 was rough. Gotta hit a privisional bruh!

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Maverick McNealy is pretty much the highlight of this tournament, for me.

Jhonattan Vegas was an interesting story for the first two days, but he's out of it.

Most of those at the top of the leader board aren't golfers I've really followed.

My fantasy roster is struggling for muddling... 3 players within 4 strokes, but there's a crowd in front of them.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well Tiger had one good round. If that first round was like his other two rounds, it would have been another missed cut. Flashes of brilliance, but no consistency. Can't compete under those conditions. I still say he needs to play every tournament, every week. If he won't do that, he is just another golfer on tour and not a very good one.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The Greenbrier has always struck me as a tournament where some of the lesser lights on tour get a chance to shine with not so many of the "names" playing and perhaps taking in some rest prior to the British coming up.

The guy I' like to see have a win is Jonathan Byrd with that Hoganesque swing and he always cuts a fine look fashion wise on the course.  I saw him on an edition of inside the PGA tour on Fox here and he came across as a really nice guy and something of a journeyman pro.  So I say Go Johnno get up and have a win maaaaate :lol:

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

The Greenbrier has always struck me as a tournament where some of the lesser lights on tour get a chance to shine with not so many of the "names" playing and perhaps taking in some rest prior to the British coming up.

The guy I' like to see have a win is Jonathan Byrd with that Hoganesque swing and he always cuts a fine look fashion wise on the course. I saw him on an edition of inside the PGA tour on Fox here and he came across as a really nice guy and something of a journeyman pro. So I say Go Johnno get up and have a win maaaaate :lol:

I too love seeing non big names excelling on national TV! It truly helps golf to have more names than 5 ish

Archived