TESTERS WANTED! ×

SUGGESTION BOX - New Forum Features??

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

We want to make this the best golf forum e possibly can for you guys. So I have decided to invest and do some upgrading to the MGS Forum.

So...we really wanted to get some of your ideas on what you would like to see. Since you guys are on here and use this as much as we do.

Remember...this forum is for YOU guys so let's hear what you want to see. We will do our best to implement as many of the ideas and concepts as possible.

LET'S HEAR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

#TruthDigest

When you click on "Portal" at the top, you get some useful links such as "View Most Recent Posts" which provides more info than the "View New Content" link. But every so often, that Portal link just goes to a blank page. It would be helpful to get that fixed.

• SPY VIP

Thanks Moe...this is definitely one we are going to look into when we make the changes. For right now the best thing to do is hit the "Refresh" button and they then show up the majority of the time.

When you click on "Portal" at the top, you get some useful links such as "View Most Recent Posts" which provides more info than the "View New Content" link. But every so often, that Portal link just goes to a blank page. It would be helpful to get that fixed.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I will see if there is the capability to make the View New Content last longer.

And lol...we are still working on the gear. We are definitely going to do it. Just taking some time to workout the designs and products we will use. It is tough now to do headcovers because AM&E no longer accepts accounts. And Belding which is the other US based headcover manufacturer with a decent cover no longer does either. So we are working with some vendors overseas right now.

Maybe have the new content stay new a little longer. Maybe a view unread button.

Maybe a putter headcover that looks like a periscope :)

#TruthDigest

Maybe have the new content stay new a little longer. Maybe a view unread button.

I second that. If I read all of the posts on the page, then log on an hour later, they are all gone and there is nothing to post on, short of going into the individual forums.

For me, I really like the reviews and would like to see more of them. Also, it might be cool to allow some members to demo some of the stuff you review and add their thoughts. As we all know, the course is different then the range, so it would be good to get real world reviews from "real" golfers.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Great idea...we actually just started doing this. And there will be more of it in the future.

For me, I really like the reviews and would like to see more of them. Also, it might be cool to allow some members to demo some of the stuff you review and add their thoughts. As we all know, the course is different then the range, so it would be good to get real world reviews from "real" golfers.

#TruthDigest

I'm not sure I completely like the forum titles and descriptions. For example, I just posted a topic seeking a discussion about who should play blades, and I wasn't sure where to put it. I ended up choosing the Whats in Your Bag section, because its a discussion about what we, the members play, but that imo doesn't quite fit. This has happened a couple times where I was unsure where to post something. I don't have any concrete suggestions, but its something I've noticed.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

If you have any suggestions please post them. It is tough to have enough categories but not too many to where you have to scroll a mile to see everything. And finding ones that cover enough but don't cover too little.

#TruthDigest

Aight, it isn't right to suggest change but not put up, so here's what I'd suggest, mainly just a bit of moving stuff around and creating a few subforums that wouldn't be visible until the user clicks on the visible header, making the page a bit shorter. Combine a couple forums that fit together etc. Small changes but that's because its pretty much right as it is imo. Would also perhaps increase the social aspect of the site with the 19th Hole instead of "Everything else" The format is a bit off, my tabs from the Word outline didn't come through. Of course, feel free to completely disregard this, no offense taken!:

Equipment & Reviews

Top Secret Spy Pics & Info

US Equipment

Japan & Everywhere Else

Putter Buzz

Product Reviews

-MGS Staff & Approved Member Reviews

-Member Product Reviews

Left Handed Gear

Course Reviews

-US

-Other

19th Hole

WIYB

The MGS Bar & Grill (Replace “Everything Else”)

Arrange A Game

Golf Rules Discussion

Golf Fashion

Golf Tech

Phone Apps, GPS & Range Finders

DIY Golf Projects

Training Aids

Other Gadgets

Club Builders

Tour Chatter

WITB

Tour News

MGS Pro Shop

Contests & Giveaways

Coupons, Deals, & Ebay Finds

MGS University

Golf Lessons

Mental Game

Fitness and Nutrition

MGS Feedback & Submission Guidelines

How to get Published

Site Issues and Suggestion Box

• SPY VIP

First thank you for taking the time to do this. We will look into this further for when we do our next upgrade which will be happening fairly soon. We are simply waiting for a new feature to be implemented.

#TruthDigest

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion is to have a different color theme so you can read the secondary post on the Topic. As there's no way to change the color of the post and the black get lost in the brown. JAT

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Tim - do you mean the titles of the the topics and not the text in the body of the thread...correct?? If so I agree with you.

#TruthDigest

Tim - do you mean the titles of the the topics and not the text in the body of the thread...correct?? If so I agree with you.

Yes when you start the topic. You have the Title of the Thread then the secondary text. That gets lost in the brown because it come's up either lighter or not as bold text.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think of a "Staff Bio" section? Give everyone a little info about all of you that make this place run so well!

I like that Chat Idea. Its much quicker to get to the point if you can instantly chat with someone. Also maybe having smaller Avatars and signatures that don't take up so much space, cause as stated earlier its a pain to scroll for a mile to get to what you want.

Another suggestion, and I don't know if this is possible. If you decide to comment on a certain thread, have that particular area within your profile where all the threads you make comments on go into, say an inbox. Like a favorites if you will. You could call it "My Threads"

Fairways and Greens

• 9 months later...

re: Interactive Data

How about adding the handicap index for each tester to their names in the Interactive Data? ie:

Dan(4)

GolfspyT (12)

Jon (9)

Looks like you'd only need to revise their "names" once in your software, and anytime their names are shown, their index would also be included.

Brad

I actually really love the site. But my only suggestion is ,On the bottom of the main page there is a list of "Recent Rumors".I would like to be able to click on it and get the story(link?).For example I am still trying to find out about Solus golf being sold? Maybe its not possible because it is just a rumor.Not a big deal ,its the only thing I could suggest.Love the site keep up the great work. Dave

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

MGS, I've went back to the start of this post and re-read a few responses. One stuck out, about the headcovers. I know AM&E dont accept new accounts and you have to order through JMark( which is a pain). I also noticed Belding was referenced. I have the cover and have tried it out a bunch and still can't get in love with the magnetic closure because of the heel falling out issue. Don't know who made it, but the closure is just a pain with some putters, especially ones with a longer heel to toe measurement. I still use it depending on how I coordinate the colors in the bag that day.

I've recently found a new headcover manufacturer/custom order place and know several folks that have ordered from her. I also think JBones on here is related to her. Her name is Delila Harvey and her covers are top notch. I've seen and messed around with a few and am waiting on mine to be delivered. She does all of her embroidery and can digitize anything for embroidery (you'll see when I post mine once it gets here, it's intricate and if her renderings are close, it's going to be exactly what I've been wanting). Her site is girlygolfer.com She does both Velcro and magnetic closures too, which is a plus as different folks prefer different closures.

As for other things the site needs, I don't know, really. It's pretty damned all inclusive right now and keeps getting better. Now if I could just get selected for a test panel, LOL.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Rookie - I will be the first one to admit that my design has a flaw. The magnetic closure was not supposed to be one small magnet...but that is what got delivered. I do agree with you though that it is a pain in the ass.

I might give GirlyGolfer a try on the next ones.

You guys ready for the next version???

MGS, I've went back to the start of this post and re-read a few responses. One stuck out, about the headcovers. I know AM&E dont accept new accounts and you have to order through JMark( which is a pain). I also noticed Belding was referenced. I have the cover and have tried it out a bunch and still can't get in love with the magnetic closure because of the heel falling out issue. Don't know who made it, but the closure is just a pain with some putters, especially ones with a longer heel to toe measurement. I still use it depending on how I coordinate the colors in the bag that day.

I've recently found a new headcover manufacturer/custom order place and know several folks that have ordered from her. I also think JBones on here is related to her. Her name is Delila Harvey and her covers are top notch. I've seen and messed around with a few and am waiting on mine to be delivered. She does all of her embroidery and can digitize anything for embroidery (you'll see when I post mine once it gets here, it's intricate and if her renderings are close, it's going to be exactly what I've been wanting). Her site is girlygolfer.com She does both Velcro and magnetic closures too, which is a plus as different folks prefer different closures.

As for other things the site needs, I don't know, really. It's pretty damned all inclusive right now and keeps getting better. Now if I could just get selected for a test panel, LOL.

#TruthDigest

I smell a design contest coming on.....

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 3 months later...

I think it would be cool to have a "What's in My Bag" field in each user's profile. That would eliminate the need for the "What's in your Bag" section. If we want to see what someone is gaming, we can just visit their profile and we can just post a comment when we make a club change.

• SPY VIP

Tyk - if you go to your profile in the top-right corner and click on >"My Settings" and then select the tab >"Forum" you can put "What's in My Bag" in your signature.

However I have been tossing around a cooler idea for the future. But for now that is the best way to do what you were looking for.

I think it would be cool to have a "What's in My Bag" field in each user's profile. That would eliminate the need for the "What's in your Bag" section. If we want to see what someone is gaming, we can just visit their profile and we can just post a comment when we make a club change.

#TruthDigest

Ya, I'm not a big fan of signatures in general and certainly don't want everyone to have to see that every time I post!

• 3 months later...

I'd like for us to be able to close our own classified ads. I've gotten several pm's lately about items I'd posted months ago that are long gone.

In The Bag

• 5 months later...

HI

For me I would like to see a section for tournaments and playing partners.

There is a couple of place that do it in our area and it really helps promote more interaction between the members.

It is also hard to find places to play or join events.

cheers.

Archived