TESTERS WANTED! ×

D200 Day at Golfsmith

Golfsmith is running a demo for Wilson this Friday. Bring you 7-iron and compare it to the D200. Whoever has the biggest distance gap between their gamer and the D200 wins an iron set.

So tempted to go hit Goodwill and picking up a budget ass 7-iron from 1940 to take in.

Anyway, I made my appointment. Will update with results this Friday. haha

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

They can't be too excited about the results at the bottom: http://www.wilson.com/events/golf/en-us/leaderboard/?location=

Also... 54 yards??? That dude is gaming the system for sure. Oh yeah with my gamer I swing between 65 and 70mph. With these D200s though, I'm coming it at 95!

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

Well one person is going to win regardless right so what does it matter if it's 100 yards.  Isn't it whoever has the biggest gain? 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well one person is going to win regardless right so what does it matter if it's 100 yards.  Isn't it whoever has the biggest gain? 

Right. This guy picked up 54 yards over his own 7-iron. That's a lot of yards to pick up with a new stick.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

Golfsmith is running a demo for Wilson this Friday. Bring you 7-iron and compare it to the D200. Whoever has the biggest distance gap between their gamer and the D200 wins an iron set.

So tempted to go hit Goodwill and picking up a budget ass 7-iron from 1940 to take in.

Anyway, I made my appointment. Will update with results this Friday. haha

Sounds like he beat you to Goodwill.  And he's from Texas too.  Is there a correlation?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No one is going to gain that many yards without some serious difference in the 2 clubs, if you take in a blade with the loft of 35*, and outhit against the D200 with a loft of 29*, put in a top performing shaft, something like he recoil, and you will gain many yards, the yardage gap can be manipulated, so whoever manipulates the system the best gets the new clubs.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It's worth a try........

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

SO!

This was quite the experience. I showed up to Golfsmith and.... no one from Wilson was there. I wander around the store for a bit. Ask some people on the floor. No one knows what I'm talking about. So, I hit a few clubs in one of the bays. I'm about to leave and my phone rings. It's Wilson! Turns out, their was a mix-up and there would be no fitter for me at my scheduled time that was confirmed twice. I was a little annoyed, considering I left the office, traffic, etc.

They asked me if I could wait two hours. (lol) Nope. They asked me if I could come back tomorrow between 10 and 1. Nope. So they said they'd follow up later. On the drive back to the office, I get a phone call from John Lentz, their regional sales rep who says he'd be willing to do a session with me personally next time he's in town. Nice, but, honestly, my schedule is a mess and really, I have no idea if I'm interested in Wilson clubs at all (although I am in the market for irons). So I said thanks, I'll send you an email and we'll see.

Anyway, I get back to the office and have an email waiting from a national rep, apologizing and offering to send me some balls by way of apology.

TL;DR: Wilson didn't show up which was very annoying, but they're doing a good job of making it up. I can respect that.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5