TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike Golf Club Collection #TheOpen

The Dansome

• SPY VIP
Nike Golf Club Collection - #TheOpen

nike-club-collection-571.jpg

With The Open Championship at St. Andrews upon us this week, Nike has released an update to their "Club Collection". Nike bills the Club Collection as "Inspired by the game. Tailored for life on tour. Distinctive style on and off the course."

nike-club-back.jpg

Nike Golf's latest Club Colection pays tribute to the history of the game. Designed for the on-course performance and off-course casual, the colection celebrates the game's journey with a worn, weathered look, inspired by the famous links of Scotland. The ever-present elements at the historic course, especially wind and rain, lend to the garments washed appearance.

nike-club-cover.jpg

That theme is most evident on the five T-shirt graphics from the collection. Each shirt emphasizes the harsh conditions with a washed and muted aesthetic.

The NIke Golf 'Every Damn Bunker' T-shirt honors the sand hazards that notoriously disrupt the game of even the world's best players.

EDB-wind-hat-dm.jpg

Swinging Blind T-shirt refers to the St. Andrews hotel that obstructs the fairway view from the 17th tee box.

swingin-bling-571.jpg

These are quality feeling T-shirts built with Nike's Dri-fit technologies. They are quite fitted from a "standard" sizing, so those considering may want to go up a size.

The Nike Golf Windrunner style borrows from Nike Sportswear while adding a washed, weathered look to the classic Nike Silhouettes.

open-jacket-hat-571.jpg

This jacket works well to cut down on wind and retains plenty of heat making it the perfect compliment for those cool summer evenings.

Nike Golf True Caps are made with an absorbent sweatband and a flat-brim profile for superb comfort and a modern look. The feature the classic swoosh golf logo that is a constant in the Club Collection, as well as an elements logo reminiscent of the wind and rain the players will deal with throughout the week.

nike-golf-hat.jpg

nike-wind-rain-hat.jpg

Very impressed with these caps since I have a smaller size head. They're are not overly large and will appeal to a larger segment of consumers. These hats are also designed with Dri-fit to wick moisture, as well as Stay Cool technology to keep ya from over-heating.

nike-club-inside.jpg

The Nike Club Collection is available now at select retailers. Find out more at http://www.nike.com/ca/en_ca/c/golf/nike-golf-club-collection

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Thanks for the info.  Please do not tell me that you took the pics with the G4....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

G4 had to go back last week as part of the test criteria...

One picture was shot on an iPhone 6 plus though.

which picture ?  the one that shows you harvesting hay ?? 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Is it just me, or is Nike continuing down the line of terrible campaign slogans/advertising?  Last month it was "There's Always Better" which to me said "don't play Nike because there is something else out there that you should be playing".

Now it seems that Nike is saying that "... they are rewriting the rules...", so golf by the rules is not good enough?

How about that T-shirt... "Every Damn Bunker"?  That just screams to me that if you play with Nike, you will be in every hazard on the course!  And "Swinging Blind"??  What the hell does that say about your game?

This is not the positive attitude and feelings that we all need to play better golf.  Nike is missing the boat... at least with people in my demographic!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Oh dear. Whether you like to admit it or not, there are still some clubs that would politely ask you to leave if you were wearing anything similar to the Nike collection. If the collection truly does honour the game as they suggest, then I'm afraid they've missed the mark on their advertising campaign by a wide margin - particularly if they think they have any chance of entering the clubhouse at the Old Course wearing something akin to a New York hipster. 

Hand me my tweeds....

I want the "every damn bunker" shirt, especially since I jarred one from the bunker for a $60 Skin.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Not sure how I feel about Nike's attemtp to grab every possible dollar on and off the course, they are the Evil Empire!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I like the windbreaker but thats about it.

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Now it seems that Nike is saying that "... they are rewriting the rules...", so golf by the rules is not good enough?

How about that T-shirt... "Every Damn Bunker"? That just screams to me that if you play with Nike, you will be in every hazard on the course! And "Swinging Blind"?? What the hell does that say about your game?

I'm with you on this. That shirt too me is just crass.

They seem to be trying to be real "hip" and "cool". Like your older, 40yr old uncle who says "wassup my dude" at thanksgiving.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived