TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is the strongest/weakest part of your game?

dhayse32

The last 3-4 months my driver and 5 wood have been my strongest to the point I am thinking of just using those 2 clubs on every shoot LOL! , weakest is probably my approach shots right now always a little left or right.

Right now the strongest part of my game is driving.

That is driving to and from the course and driving the golf cart. Everything else, needs work.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Just came to a conclusion. The weakest part of my game is not being able to get all facets of my game going at once. If I'm killing it off the tee my wedges will fall apart. If I'm hitting GIR's (which is rare) my putting will waste them. If my short game is on point it doesn't matter because I'm all over the place off the tee. I'm pretty good with all my clubs, I just can't seem to consistently play them all well together. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Right now, alignment is the worst part of my game!  I am dealing with some major issues and I am struggling to correct it!  Not sure when it started exactly, but I began pushing (or so I thought) all of my irons way right.  Finally after me complaining for a while, my buddy stood behind me and pointed out that I am hitting exactly where I am aiming.  I didn't believe him because I know everything, and addressed another ball again.  Did the old shaft against the hips trick and sure enough, aimed 20 yards or so right. 

Simple fix right?  Apparently not.  I started doing the hip test on all my shots to correct the issue and now I am doing a pull to the left!  Its almost like my brain doesn't feel like I am aiming right so I am altering my swing to try to make up for it...if that makes any sense. 

The struggle is real...back to the range. 

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

• 5 weeks later...

My strength is probably my driving. I don't hit the ball very long compared to some fellas my age (270 at my longest) but I like to think I'm fairly consistent at finding center mass with the big stick. My biggest weakness aside from course management is probably my short to mid-range putting but I'm investing a lot of practice time towards improving that so maybe soon it'll be a strength.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Right now the weakest part of my game is the driver and short game. Trying a 44" driver this year and still haven't found it to be the GOAT. My miss is damn near just as bad with it as a 45.5" driver.

Haven't practiced in over a month and haven't played in over three weeks. Last time out got a little yippy with the chip shots and was drawing figure 8's on the way back with the putter.

Right now the weakest part of my game is the driver and short game. Trying a 44" driver this year and still haven't found it to be the GOAT. My miss is damn near just as bad with it as a 45.5" driver.

Haven't practiced in over a month and haven't played in over three weeks. Last time out got a little yippy with the chip shots and was drawing figure 8's on the way back with the putter.

In case you were wondering the later does not get better with age.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Bunker play mainly because I don't normally hit a lot of bunkers (hope I didn't jinx myself there) and iron play has been killing me all summer but the i20 irons I just got seem to be changing that. I don't generally hit a lot of fairways because we have a lot of dog legs on the course and many of the holes call for my 3 wood off the deck and the damn thing is so long I usually roll it just inside the rough lol. Putter was not strong til I got the metal x. Now it's much better

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

• 3 weeks later...

Weakest: pitching/chipping

Strongest: driver

I've been working on my chipping and pitching this year and I'm not any better. It's all in my head and I don't have a method I trust.

Ever since I switched to my G30 and put in the Xphlexxx Agera shaft, my driving has become a strength.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived