Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2016 Titleist Irons

SPY ZINGER

A friend reached out to me on Twitter interested in the 2016 Titliest irons, specifically the AP2s. Wondering if anyone has any release details specific to the standard and exotic shaft options.

Has a catalog been released pre-release?

Posted Image

Haven't seen anything Zinger and I've had my ear pretty close to the ground.  They've been spotted maybe they are going to release them around or after the PGA.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

• 2 months later...

I was able to see the whole line up today. I can tell you that the whole line up looks better than reported pictures. There is a lot of technology under the hood of the AP irons. If you ask me the CB's look the best, the MB's are a remake of the 690's in my opinion. I currently own a set of MP-4's and the top line of the 716 MB's are half the size of the 4's.

Overall I think that the Titleist line up is going to be the line up to beat next year.

My Bag:

Stolen clubs....in between!   

I was really disappointed when I hit the 716 AP2s, but I can't speak for the rest of the lineup.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

My buddy just bought the 716 CB's.   They look sweet.   Anxious to hit them and see what they have under the hood.

Driver, Callaway Epic:

Fairway Wood, Callaway Epic Flash 

Hybrid, Callaway Apex

Irons, Callaway Apex Pro Irons 5 to UW S Flex:

Wedges, Callaway MD3, 54, 58. Callaway Forged 60

Putter, Odyssey O works, #1 Tank, counter balanced

I was really disappointed when I hit the 716 AP2s, but I can't speak for the rest of the lineup.

How so?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

How so?

I probably worded that poorly and with not enough information which isn't very fair.

They performed well enough for me during my fitting and the looks were fine, I just didn't like the feel. I hit them with a few different shafts that fit me pretty well. To me they felt "clicky". In reality it was probably just the acoustic that I wasn't a fan of, so definitely just a personal preference thing.

I probably worded that poorly and with not enough information which isn't very fair.

They performed well enough for me during my fitting and the looks were fine, I just didn't like the feel. I hit them with a few different shafts that fit me pretty well. To me they felt "clicky". In reality it was probably just the acoustic that I wasn't a fan of, so definitely just a personal preference thing.

Clicky as in Mizuno JPX Forged with Boron type of clicky?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Clicky as in Mizuno JPX Forged with Boron type of clicky?

No, I actually ended up going with the 850 forged. The 850s don't feel as "clicky" to me but they're definitely not as soft as my MP-54s. I'd put the 850s in the middle between the 54s and AP2s. Again, this is all just my perspective.

I also hit the MP-25s which felt very similar to the 850 forged but still not quite as soft as the MP-54s. I don't know that it's the boron that changes the feel or if it's just a different sound that plays into it.

Feel is weird.

That sucks. I was hoping I could get the new AP2 to replace my MP59.

Guess I'll have to try it self. But I didn't like the boron stuff... So if it's even clickier... meh...

• 1 month later...

Waiting on my AP2's to come in. Made a switch from playing the 714 mb's. With the new technology it's hard not to play the new AP's. Watch out for the Tmb's. Those things are pretty awesome as well!

What I Whack That Little White Ball Around With:

:titelist-small: DRIVER: 915 D3 9.5 Degrees. Diamona White Board 65g X-Stiff

:titelist-small: 3 Wood: 910 Fd 15 Degree. Tour AD Stiff

:titelist-small: Utility: 712U 3 Iron. KBS Tour Stiff

:titelist-small: Irons: 714 MB's 4-PW. KBS Tour Stiff

:vokey-small: Wedges: SM5's Raw Finish 52.08/56.08/60.04 KBS Tour Stiff (p.s. I like my wedges rusty and rough looking)

:ping-small: Putter: Answer Milled 35" with Arm-Lock Golf RX counter balance grip. (p.s. I dont arm lock, thats the name of the company, check them out, they have some awesome grips!)

Grips: Golf Pride MCC

Golf Bag: Sun Mountain (it is my school bag which I hate but have to use)

:footjoy-small:  :nike-small: Shoes: I like classy shoes so I stick with DryJoy Tours and Icons. Since I have to walk 36 in one day I game the Lunar Controll 4's. Cant beat the Comfortability!

:titelist-small: ProV1x's

Waiting on my AP2's to come in. Made a switch from playing the 714 mb's. With the new technology it's hard not to play the new AP's. Watch out for the Tmb's. Those things are pretty awesome as well!

if your talking about these I swear I remember seeing someone playing these recently but I honestly can't remember where, maybe it was on tv and I just blended a memory with playing at my home course but I really thought I saw these first hand. Anyways, I've heard (from someone who has no affiliation with the company in the least) that these won't be forged, anyone have any clues on the validity of that? I wouldn't look at them and say cast but I've been wrong enough in the past to where I know better then to judge by eye. Anyone?

image.jpeg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

if your talking about these I swear I remember seeing someone playing these recently but I honestly can't remember where, maybe it was on tv and I just blended a memory with playing at my home course but I really thought I saw these first hand. Anyways, I've heard (from someone who has no affiliation with the company in the least) that these won't be forged, anyone have any clues on the validity of that? I wouldn't look at them and say cast but I've been wrong enough in the past to where I know better then to judge by eye. Anyone?

You have probably seen them around. There are a handful of pro's that have a full set 3-pw of the TMBs. Dont know to much detail behind the technology other than the amoung of Tungston weight to the sole to help highten ball flight. Hit these in comparison to my blades and even from the visual point their not as bulky looking compared to the blades.

What I Whack That Little White Ball Around With:

:titelist-small: DRIVER: 915 D3 9.5 Degrees. Diamona White Board 65g X-Stiff

:titelist-small: 3 Wood: 910 Fd 15 Degree. Tour AD Stiff

:titelist-small: Utility: 712U 3 Iron. KBS Tour Stiff

:titelist-small: Irons: 714 MB's 4-PW. KBS Tour Stiff

:vokey-small: Wedges: SM5's Raw Finish 52.08/56.08/60.04 KBS Tour Stiff (p.s. I like my wedges rusty and rough looking)

:ping-small: Putter: Answer Milled 35" with Arm-Lock Golf RX counter balance grip. (p.s. I dont arm lock, thats the name of the company, check them out, they have some awesome grips!)

Grips: Golf Pride MCC

Golf Bag: Sun Mountain (it is my school bag which I hate but have to use)

:footjoy-small:  :nike-small: Shoes: I like classy shoes so I stick with DryJoy Tours and Icons. Since I have to walk 36 in one day I game the Lunar Controll 4's. Cant beat the Comfortability!

:titelist-small: ProV1x's

The pro at my club just got a full set of the T-MBs. He loves them. They replaced his 714 AP2s.

Archived