Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Here is what i did and it has helped a little. I went to my old putter for a few rounds just to reset the system and then back to my current putter. Rolling the ball much better again. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I actually changed my putter. I loved that putter. Feel wise, it was perfect but I just couldn't roll the ball into the cup. I've been through tonnes of putters trying to find the right one even tried mallets but there was always something wrong. I liked the confidence a mallet gave me but liked the looks of a blade at address more. That's where my new putter fits in. It's an odyssey metal x #6. It's a bit thicker than a blade but still retains a blade like appearance. Has a perfect weight and great feel. First putt with it was a 15 ft left to right breaker that went dead center of the cup.a few holes later and I make a 30 ft right to left breaker for an eagle. It's going to be staying in the bag for a long time

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

• 4 weeks later...

I have been putting horrible as of late. I have never been what I would call even a fair putter, but I usually make putts from 4' and closer. For the last 3 weeks I have struggled mightily with these putts.

I tend to yank everything left. If I try to compensate for it, I just push them right. Why!? What is wrong and how do I fix it?

I would purchase a putting tutor rather than a new putter.  It will frustrate you, but in the end it will do wonders for your putting game!

If you still have problems after working with this device, then you can buy a new putter :) 

http://www.pelzgolf.com/dave_pelz_golf_pro_shop/golf_putting_aid_putting_tutor.aspx

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SLDR 460 w/Oban Devotion X-Stiff
3-Wood: Rocketballz Stage 2 w/Oban Devotion X-Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 910 H 21 degree w/Diamana X-Stiff
Irons (3-9): Callaway X-Forged w/X-100s tipped 1/2"
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 53/11 and 59/10 w/S400s
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #7

Facebook Page

• 3 months later...

Revival of an old thread. I was watching he GC the other night, and one of the best putters ever during my hay day, Loren Roberts was doing a lesson, and I think j have had a eureka moment, I've always had the thought of pendulum, straight arms, all that stuff, he showed one thing I just really know I am not doing, during the strike he was talking about keeping the butt of the shaft pointed at the belt buckle, in order to do that you have to break your wrist.a bit. This is I think some very good information for me, there was other things that went along with it, but I think this is something that I can use

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm trying to think how you have a pendulum motion without the shaft pointing at the belt buckle.  Isn't that the definition of a pendulum?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That's some of the issue Kenny, getting my hands out of position by not using my shoulders correctly or not letting my hands work which causes the backstroke to point more to my left hip rather than the buckle then on the thru swing, I have to accelerate the head to get the speed I need to get the ball to the hole, which also can cause pulls. I also leave a lot of putts short. There was sort of a lightbulb moment while watching Loren and listening to him, cause he would say something and it was like that makes perfect sense, but I know that I don't do that.

Lost my auction for a TM spider mallet 38" putter on ebay with 1 second left. I don't do the auctions often enough to win those. Intrigued by the Spider 2.0 mallet. New, and a $100 more, but supposedly built for a tour player. As you can probably surmise, I'll most likely pull the trigger on that one tomorrow. I tend to be more of a sucker for the new and rare than the really good deal.

Snipers!!!!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Ever considered going to a claw or reverse overlap grip from those distances? I used to do the claw grip on all putting but I only do it on short putts now and it works decently for me.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Another you might try if your miss is directional is a double overlap. It sounds strang but it really locks your hands together and cuts out A LOT of the wrist action from your stroke. Just do a normal overlap grip and instead of covering one knuckle cover two and presto you've done it. It's a method I heard from Jim Furyk one time and for some reason it stuck. Good luck and let me know how it goes man!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

The put a stat out for Loren Roberts, from either 3 or 4 feet, he missed 6 out of almost 3000 putts from that distance, that's incredible numbers. Anyway, I am looking forward to using this information and see if it helps.

I was gaming the Ping Ketsch (2014 model) with a straight back shaft and putting well.  Every now and then I would pull one left.  I was not in the market for a new putter, but my eye caught a deal on Black Friday.  The actual putter design was a blade (I have been a mallet guy for many years).  Th putter was 100% built to order and it was $50 off.  The brand was one I had never heard of and did some research, finding a great review from last year on My Golf Spy  http://www.mygolfspy.com/bellum-winmore-707-putter-review/ ....so i made the special order and have been gaming it for about a month.  My putting has been terrific, especially from long distances....I have been lagging 20-40 footers to within 2 to 12 inches.  The putter is not well known, but here it is.... Bellum Winmore 707. 

1074LLL%202_zps8vl1jy16.jpg1074%204_zpsqc1fg1pq.jpg038b4525-3af2-466c-b488-4798f8252302_zpsIMG_0325_zpsaah4i1se.jpg

I just can't say enough about this company.....http://www.bellumwinmore.com/pages/about-us

Zac & Tim were terrific.  They kept me informed during the building process, sending me pics to shoe the loft, lie & length were as ordered, then followed up after I received it to make sure that I was very happy with the putter.  Thanks Zac & Tim! I must also mention the grip they used.  This oversize Pure putter grip is amazing. Best I have ever stroked.  So go check them out and put a Bellum Wunmore in your bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Foz- good to hear such good things about BW. I have a putter crush on their mini Gordo LTD, and I love their angled backs and that whiskey finish. I'm looking into getting a custom putter this year, and think i narrowed it down to BW and Xenon, but gonna do some testing and fitting to get my specs.

I currently go back and forth between a 2 ball backstryke mallet and Spalding tpm 12 that is 3 years younger than me (34).

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Foz- good to hear such good things about BW. I have a putter crush on their mini Gordo LTD, and I love their angled backs and that whiskey finish. I'm looking into getting a custom putter this year, and think i narrowed it down to BW and Xenon, but gonna do some testing and fitting to get my specs.

I currently go back and forth between a 2 ball backstryke mallet and Spalding tpm 12 that is 3 years younger than me (34).

That's a great looking flat stick......but I think it's too much SBST for me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 4 months later...

I never thought about my stance. I'll have to pay attention and see whats up. I'm usually an up-right feet close together putter. Maybe I've changed something and I don't know it. Thanks for the heads up!

I've tried the left hand low style a couple of times in the past. I can do it with some success, but it just never feels right.

I know this is an old post but if you run into issues where you tend to hit the ball left of the cup, an easy thing to try is to get into your normal stance and then slide your right foot back 6 inches towards your butt **Not back as in behind the ball** I found that when I was bringing the putter back I was actually bringing the putter back and away from myself causing me to bring it towards me and coming across the ball at center sending it slightly left. You can also put a stick or club parallel to your line and visually see your putting stroke. 

Hope that helps.......if not buy 10 putters  :lol:

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

Revival of an old thread I found a blade putter that works for me, Ping Anser G2i, it works. Dont know why, it just does, my stance is a bit unorthidox, but I stand a little more upright and closer to be ball, but I also stand open with my front foot (right foot) rally open, with most of my weight on my left foot, and the ball positioned just inside the heel of my left foot, for short putts I use cross handed and I can really get the ball started on line like this, for longer putts I have found that standard grip works better, i have better feel for distance with conventional grip than with cross hand, I've been rolling he rock pretty well as of lat, still not the best putter but I found something that makes me better than I was, so if I can keep improving who knows what will happen.

I like my putter after a putting a new grip on it and changing completely my putting stroke. Now I'm more straight through where as before I was outside in over the top. It lead to some big changes in putting speed and how I hit the ball, but I've definitely started to see a big improvement in 4-5 footers.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I had my first putting lesson yesterday.  Ever.  Was very productive.  Right away, based on my description of my woes (pull lefts) and observation of my stroke, determined was using wrong stroke (in out) for my putter design (face balanced).  I had brought all my old putters, which included a couple more face balanced, a toe heavy Odyssey blade and an intermediate Ping Anser 4.  Tried all, with not much success.  Then tried my current putter (TM Spider mallet counterbalanced) with a slightly different stroke  (feeling of lifting up the putter and going straight back so that the putter hits the ball at the lowest point of the act).  Also standing closer to the ball so that the putter head was flat to the ground at address (rather than my toe up address).  That was the ticket!  For the first time in a long while, had the feel the ball was going to go where I intended it to.  So, no major change to my stance, grip or stroke required and get to keep my putter!  

Also learned why occasionally on long putts I'd go way right of where I intended.  Learned that with left to right breaking long putts, what one thinks you're looking straight at is often actually considerably left.  Have to be extra careful of the alignment on those type putts.  

Taking it to the course on Monday.  Looking forward to the results.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Archived