Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2015 Nike #DONTSLEEPONSUMMER Media Kit

• SPY VIP

You might recall last season's #DONTSLEEPONSUMMER Media Kit from Nike Golf.

Basically, they took a whole bunch of different items from the Summer/Fall apparel and accessories catalog and bundled them together in a really cool package.

It looks like this has become an annual thing (at least I hope it has), because not only is there a 2015 version, but Nike has stepped up it's game with even cooler packaging.

DontSleepOnSummer-1.jpg

For those not familiar with Nike's Don't Sleep On Summer message, it's basically that summer is fleeting, and that golfers need to get out and take advantage of it. It's consistent with the Nike branding that basically runs counter to everything else in golf. There's not a whole lot of buy this and you'll be longer (and better) from Nike. Instead Nike's message is more along the lines of "we'll give the tools you need, but you still have to out there and do the work". Clubs don't make you better, practice, hard work and dedication make you better. 

DontSleepOnSummer-2.jpg

In a market with retail success is predicated upon the selling of hype and empty promises, is it any wonder why "We Believe in the Athlete" doesn't resonate quite the same way as #OutrageousSpeed, #LeaveNoYardBehind, and #Ridonkulong?  

DontSleepOnSummer-3.jpg

Like last year's version, the 2015 #DONTSLEEPONSUMMER Kit shows off some of Nike's latest offerings in apparel and footwear.

DontSleepOnSummer-4.jpg

DontSleepOnSummer-5.jpg

Nike Momentum Stripe Polo - $90

Bonded shoulder seems highlight Nike's dedication to producing apparel designed for the golf swing.

DontSleepOnSummer-6.jpg

Nike Transition Chambray Polo - $65

Note the hidden button-down collar design.

DontSleepOnSummer-7.jpg

Nike Golf Lockup T-Shirt - $35

Nike Golf True Hat - $35

DontSleepOnSummer-8.jpg

Nike Golf DRI-Fit Plaid Shorts - $90

the Nike Web Belt -$25 - Bottle opener buckle is a nice detail.

DontSleepOnSummer-9.jpg

Nike FI Impact II Golf Shoe - $140

DontSleepOnSummer-10.jpg

Nike RZN Black Golf Balls - $35

DontSleepOnSummer-11.jpg

The bag itself is from Will Leather Goods, and while I'm not sure what I'll use it for moving forward, it's pretty damn awesome. The quality is top-notch. If you find yourself in need of any sort of leather bag, I definitely recommend checking them out.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Wow! Thats $500 worth of Sh*$!......not counting the fine leather bag.

and the pewter bag tag is priceless.

Way to go T.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Oooops! PC made a double post!  :(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wow

Very cool looking stuff! Interesting what you said about the delivery of Nike's marketing message. You'd think they'd be better received having not made the outrageous distance claims other companies do...

You would think so but then again most golfers want to buy a better game not work for it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The bag is a $600 bag

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Will Leather Goods is just up the road (less than 4 miles) from my house.  AMAZING Stuff!!!  You are a fortunate man sir.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It's strange but Nike don't seem to send free stuff to public servants, keep checking the post but nope nothing yet.

Aside from the hat (looks a bit rubbish) the rest of the gear is lovely and I always like a proper leather weekend bag - will last a lifetime. Nike are seriously under rated.

Got a couple of Nike shirts and they are the most comfortable in my collection.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Notice it's all apparel, except for the golf balls.  Their new emphasis.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• SPY VIP

No different than last year's kit in terms of the contents. It's about promoting mostly new products (balls and gloves not withstanding), and Nike doesn't release hard goods in early August.

As you know, I've heard the rumors about Nike exiting the hard goods market entirely. I've done some digging and talked to an almost literal handful of sources on the topic, and by all reputable accounts, it's totally false. I do think we're going to see more of the limited release, direct to consumer thing from Nike and a business model that differs significantly from golf's status quo, but based on the info I've gathered, rumors that the company is ditching hard goods, and offloading PGA Tour Staff are totally without merit.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• 3 weeks later...

They just had their best year ever, hard goods is going nowhere. Volt is though, blue is the color next year

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

cool stuff, love the bag.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

No different than last year's kit in terms of the contents. It's about promoting mostly new products (balls and gloves not withstanding), and Nike doesn't release hard goods in early August.

As you know, I've heard the rumors about Nike exiting the hard goods market entirely. I've done some digging and talked to an almost literal handful of sources on the topic, and by all reputable accounts, it's totally false. I do think we're going to see more of the limited release, direct to consumer thing from Nike and a business model that differs significantly from golf's status quo, but based on the info I've gathered, rumors that the company is ditching hard goods, and offloading PGA Tour Staff are totally without merit.

You keep dissing this, but talk to any tour pro or agent.  Nike is out.  Talk to the pro shops.  All the Nike reps in NE Florida have been dismissed.  No more Nike clubs coming in.  A Nike sponsored pro at PV Inn & Club is now Bridgestone because Nike is out.  Ask any of the pro staff at TPC Sawgrass.  Reconfirmed this today.  Done deal.

• SPY VIP

You keep dissing this, but talk to any tour pro or agent.  Nike is out.  Talk to the pro shops.  All the Nike reps in NE Florida have been dismissed.  No more Nike clubs coming in.  A Nike sponsored pro at PV Inn & Club is now Bridgestone because Nike is out.  Ask any of the pro staff at TPC Sawgrass.  Reconfirmed this today.  Done deal.

I believe everything you've written to be true short of your final conclusion that Nike is Out, Done Deal.

What you and others have done is take what you've seen and heard at face value and drawn what is absolutely a very logical conclusion. It's also an incorrect reading of the proverbial tea leaves.

As a brief aside, one of the pitfalls of being legit journalist is that you have to respect sources and keep off the record stuff off the record, so while I can't get into specifics, I will tell you that every last bit of info I've received (directly from 2 credible sources, and indirectly from a 3rd), tells me Nike will continue its equipment business.

To explain the discrepancy between what you hear and see and what I'm at liberty to share, I'll simply say this: 

Nike remains fully committed to the golf equipment business, but isn't going to run its golf business like everyone in the industry.

Be kinda hard to fit a driver in there don't ya think?  :P  :lol:

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I believe everything you've written to be true short of your final conclusion that Nike is Out, Done Deal.

What you and others have done is take what you've seen and heard at face value and drawn what is absolutely a very logical conclusion. It's also an incorrect reading of the proverbial tea leaves.

As a brief aside, one of the pitfalls of being legit journalist is that you have to respect sources and keep off the record stuff off the record, so while I can't get into specifics, I will tell you that every last bit of info I've received (directly from 2 credible sources, and indirectly from a 3rd), tells me Nike will continue its equipment business.So 

To explain the discrepancy between what you hear and see and what I'm at liberty to share, I'll simply say this: 

Nike remains fully committed to the golf equipment business, but isn't going to run its golf business like everyone in the industry.

So no longer sponsoring pros or supplying pro shops?  Just going mass market?  The people I'm getting this from are involved in the highest levels of the golf biz.  There's a lot of those folks around Ponte Vedra.

Nike didn't fire all their reps, they combined 2 positions into 1. Hard goods and soft goods are handled by 1 guy now instead of 2. And you live in retirement country, and older guys aren't playing Nike product. They play Ping, Titleist, and Callaway for the most part. Some play TMag. But not a lot of older persons play Nike, and Nike doesn't market to them. But they're still shipping clubs. When I spoke with the club buyer at one of the largest retailers in the country about the Spieth putter, he was placing his Nike order and his Titleist order for the next cycle in all of their stores. They couldn't keep the Vapor drivers and the Engage wedges on shelves when they first arrived. Titleist product is about as predictable as it gets. But Nike is going nowhere, they've scaled back their model as far as salesmen go, but they're perfectly fine.

The reason they're not signing any new pros? Because that doesn't happen for a few more months when contracts are up.

In The Bag

Archived