TESTERS WANTED! ×

Playing with Players worse than you...

mbrodeur86

I played yesterday with my cousin and her hubby as well as my bro for a mix night and had a ball. They all don't play at my level and even there my younger brother is my partner in our men's league. Anyways we play a 9ner and have a supper after.

On a uphill par 5 we took my drive and my bro hit a 3 wood to about 10 feet and I made the eagle putt. Our cousin couldn't believe it.

In our men's league we are first in our division and second overall heading into the playoffs next week.

I'm with the slow play comments too. My younger brother brought his wife to play with us and she doesn't golf and I figured she would hit and than pick up her ball to where we were NOPE! Took us 7 hours to play a round lol was not a happy camper

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Hula experiences this exact thing every time we play together... :-P

I've had it work both ways for me. Some cases I play above my norm because I lock into my game and focus only on myself. Other times I let the poorer player affect my game and drag me down. It all really depends on my mood that day and how much rest I got the night before. If I show up rested and in a good mood, I am more encouraging to my partners while concentrating more on my own shots. Tired and foul and I start muttering under my breath.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I played yesterday with my cousin and her hubby as well as my bro for a mix night and had a ball. They all don't play at my level and even there my younger brother is my partner in our men's league. Anyways we play a 9ner and have a supper after.

On a uphill par 5 we took my drive and my bro hit a 3 wood to about 10 feet and I made the eagle putt. Our cousin couldn't believe it.

In our men's league we are first in our division and second overall heading into the playoffs next week.

I'm with the slow play comments too. My younger brother brought his wife to play with us and she doesn't golf and I figured she would hit and than pick up her ball to where we were NOPE! Took us 7 hours to play a round lol was not a happy camper

I'm not gonna lie brother. If I happened to attempt to be part of a 7 hour round I would 1.) need to be hammered drunk 2.) have to be in a great mood with perfect weather around people I enjoyed 3.) be playing a round with playboy models 4.) get laid while playing and then again when the round was over 5.) be getting paid a large sum of money 6.) walk off the course 7.) lose my mind completely (what little is left)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'm not gonna lie brother. If I happened to attempt to be part of a 7 hour round I would 1.) need to be hammered drunk 2.) have to be in a great mood with perfect weather around people I enjoyed 3.) be playing a round with playboy models 4.) get laid while playing and then again when the round was over 5.) be getting paid a large sum of money 6.) walk off the course 7.) lose my mind completely (what little is left)

Yea, no kidding..... How miserable. Not sure I would stick around for the back nine.

Was pretty close. I just love being there so although I was bored at times I just enjoyed being on the course

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

I played today with my friend who shoots 90s recently and seems as though playing with him I went through sympathy pains. Just got to shake it off. He's pretty fun to play with

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

A player's skill level doesn't bother me one way or the other.  Slow play and bad attitudes are unpleasant, and I try to channel the slow play irritation out of my system, because it's just a fact of life with public golf where I play.  Bad attitudes and jerks, I can't do much about other than to try to lighten up the atmosphere.

I do avoid watching the practice swings and shots of poor players.  I'll watch their ball flight, but I'll avoid watching the actual swing/strike.  My reasoning is that if good examples of swing and tempo (e.g., tour tempo) can have a positive influence on my swing (and I firmly believe that they do), then terrible swings can have a negative influence on my swing.  If I do watch their swings, I consciously attempt to refocus and imagine a positive swing/tempo afterward, so I don't fall into a bad rhythm on the course.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

It's the stat freak that's tough. Extra time to scope every shot, track the last shot, 10 practice swings. At a 20 cap. That's a bit tough...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Man I'm a weird guy. I love playign with my dad but he's frustrating. Sure he barely can break 105 but it's how slow he can be at times. I think my bigger frustration is playing with someone who won't pickup or I have to wait on every shot for 5 minutes. 

That being said, I've played with a lot of bad golfers in my time and some really good ones. Just depends on personality as well.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

How about this. My younger bro and I played last night. I've been travelling for a whole month non stop (not something I am used to doing) and pretty much burning the candle at both ends and we decided to play an 18 and the final scores were - Me- 82 my bro -81. I absolutely loved every minute of it. I struggled the whole game. My putting has been atrocious all year and now my ball striking is taking a dive because mentally, I'm burnt out. Very unfocused on my play these last few rounds but my bro actually played pretty solid. I always try to encourage him as best as I can and give him a few pointers when I see him doing something wrong. Yesterday, he was fantastic. God am I fortunate. I know I'll get it back but to see him doing so well just made it that much better  :D

I'll play with anyone who is just happy to be out the course, doesn't really mess with my game if they suck just as long as they can control there temper and have fun. I play with 2 guys from my company that are scratch players and it makes me want to be a better player.     

I don't care how good or bad you are unless you are a jerk, you play slow, or you whine all the time.  If you are better than me, great for you but don't be a dick about it.  If you are hacking it, just keep up and have fun.  

I play in a tournament league and we have both low and high handicappers in the league.  We strive to pair 2 lower handicaps with 2 higher handicaps in our pairings.  I have had people complain and say, "Why can't the groupings me made up of all low handicappers or all high handicappers?"  The main reason, you would never play with everyone in the league sooner or later if we did that.  And, pace of play tends to even itself out better the way we do it.   

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

Everyone I play with is worse than me.

Seriously, I don't care what you shoot. Just keep up and laugh at my stupid jokes.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind who I play with but hate it when they start looking at all angles on the greens as if they're putting for a row of houses. Just talking about winds me up.

I'm guilty of that one. Not so bad during a casual round, but in a tournament, it's a learned habit to read the greens from all angles.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Archived