Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Today's Tour = A Strong Golf Future for all

JspartansC

I have said it before, but the list of young talent on Tour is bigger than in my lifetime. It only bodes well for the entire game of golf in the world, but more in the states, growing. Jason, Jordan, Rory, Ricky,......these four not only represent youth, but also competition in the market (I would include Dustin, but due to Paulina and his habits, and that he shares the same items as Jason, he is excluded for me):

Jason - Addias, Taylormade

Rory - Nike...Nike oh and a video game

Ricky - Cobra, Puma 

Jordan - UnderArmour, Titleist

Youth latch on and are HUGE to imitate. Kids today will pick their favorite of this group and buy to the heaven's to have the same new irons, polos, shoes. This is great news for the golf industry!!! Maybe with this more courses will be able to stay open and contraction can cease!!!

If today's group of young talent on the Tour does not encourage and drive more young kids to the course, nothing ever will. I am positive we will see that growth!!!

I'm not on the "grow the game" band wagon as many are. However, I have the same thoughts as JspartansC regarding the current crop of young players at the top of the game. It's good to see.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good viewpoint!  I guess Ping, the other major OEM, has to be stuck with "old guys" like Bubba and Hunter.  Bubba is a kid at heart; maybe some of the kids will still relate to him.  Ping needs a young gun to step up.  Horschel?... Streb?... still too old.  Maybe it will be someone new that hasn't hit the leaderboard yet?  

There will certainly be some good competition for many years, but I am not convinced that there will be a big influx of people into golf, and resurrection of golf courses.  Older golfers are the ones that spend the most money; equipment, fees, etc.  To maintain the status quo, golf needs people to take up the game to replace all of the old f@rts like me.  :)   Just not happening right now for a lot of reasons we have discussed before.  Maybe that will change if we start seeing some really good rivalries.  It will certainly make for some exciting golf!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Interesting point, but the other issue is that courses need to be more accessible for kids.  My nine year old is not a bad player and there are about three courses on Long Island that I can take him to play.  This is one of the main reasons that I am joining a private club next year so that he can have more access to play and practice where juniors are not only allowed but welcomed.

I posted in another thread about a great course that my son and I played over the weekend that was perfect for juniors to help them play on a friendly course that is set up for them to thrive.  When I had him out I modified the tees a bit since for 8 of the 10 holes he was fine playing off the back box, but it was still a good concept that I wish more courses would adopt and help follow. It is all well and good to move product, but without access to facilities to play the game will never grow.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I don't know which way to go with this thread - I certainly agree that the game is in great hands.  It has been before, when I started playing golf there was the big three and they notched two Grand Slams and over 30 grand slam events not to mention close to 300 tournament wins world wide between them.  That's impressive.  Before that there was the trio of Hogan, Nelson and Snead. 

We had a void in the 80's/90's until Tiger came on the scene - I have little doubt that the great young players around the world are here because of him. 

On the other hand I'm not so hyped about who is hawking what piece of equipment.  If the trend holds Jordan will be tempted to leave Titleist by big bucks from some other OEM and regardless who plays what has little to do with what equipment might work best for us.  I seriously doubt that Rory will ever do for Nike what Tiger has but I could be wrong there, maybe.  Remember that both Rory and Tiger were Titleist guys once. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For some reason I don't see Jordan leaving Titleist even for big bucks.  I think he has a little more honor there and has seen what the changes did for quite awhile for both Tiger and Rory.  Only two reasons he would change:  he doesn't think that Titleist was helping his game anymore, and right now I think he is pretty happy; and if UnderArmour guys into the club business.  Don't think that will happen either.

Then again, I could be wrong.  I think I was wrong once before; might have been in 1972, but I could be mistaken.  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived