Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

#MediaKitMonday - Cobra KING LTD Driver

• SPY VIP

Technically not Monday, but who cares. I didn't want until next week to show you guys the media kit Cobra sent as part of the launch of their new King LTD Driver.

The photos show off the tech pretty well, and give you a peak inside the driver. 

It's not something that will be discussed often, but the fact that Cobra actually is encouraging golfers to look inside the club speaks to how strongly the company feels about the quality of its work. I can promise you, most manufacturers would prefer golfers never get to look under the hood at the quality of the welds and the general rawness of the internals.

This is impressive work.

Also, check out the crown patter in one of the photos. It actually has a checkerboard pattern, but it takes fairly precise positioning of light to make it pop.

KING COBRA LTD-1.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-2.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-3.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-4.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-5.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-6.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-7.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-8.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-9.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-10.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-11.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-12.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-13.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-14.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-15.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-16.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-17.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-18.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-19.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-20.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-21.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-22.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-23.jpg

KING COBRA LTD-24.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Just plain pretty

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

• SPY VIP

Very excited for this driver!

Where is it supposed to fit in regards to Fly-Z and Fly-Z+??

Reading from left to right in terms of both price and low spinishness, the order is:

King LTD / King Pro (both $449)

FLY-Z+ (or what replaces it)

FLY-Z (or what replaces it)

FLY-Z XL (or what replaces it)

In the release article there's a quote from Jose Miraflor where he describes King LTD as their race car. Everything that gives distance went in, everything that costs distance came out.

Taking it out of King LTD eliminated that cost. 

Ultimately what we're really talking about are things that impacted Cobra's ability to move the CG where they wanted it. While FLY-Z+ is exceptional in terms of mass reduction in an adjustable CG driver, there's still a cost associated with the structures to support that adjustability. 

You're going to see adjustable CG carry through the rest of the Cobra driver lineup, but King LTD is the streamlined (no wasted mass) performance option. 

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

This is on my must hit list. Still looking for something that can take down my SLDR

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Nice! It doesn't get me as jacked up as their new cb/mb line. They look dead sexy

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

This is on my must hit list. Still looking for something that can take down my SLDR

Same here!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Hit it, T! Hit it!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

So is the port literally just removable so that you can see inside the head or will there be different ports that weigh different amounts?  Seems very unnecessary to have a removable port just for the purpose of seeing the unfinished interior of a driver head.  I wonder if they had made it fixed instead of a screw then they could have saved or moved even more weight?

My bag is a revolving door!

So is the port literally just removable so that you can see inside the head or will there be different ports that weigh different amounts? Seems very unnecessary to have a removable port just for the purpose of seeing the unfinished interior of a driver head. I wonder if they had made it fixed instead of a screw then they could have saved or moved even more weight?

I guess you didn't read the blog article which explains it.

I'm definitely intrigued by it. The fly z and z+ were such disappointments for me especially after winning the most wanted contest. The cb/mb combo has also peaked my interest.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Anybody know the price?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived