Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The "Myelinator" - The "Key" To Better Golf?

The Myelinatorâ„¢ To Empirically Change Golf Instruction Forever

World's first training device to 'Myelinate' the ideal golf swing

2153510.jpg

2153511.jpg

Rancho Santa Fe, CA - October 12, 2015 - According to Virgil Herring, Golf Channel Academy Lead Coach and radio host of Talking Golf with Virgil Herring, "Now with The Myelinatorâ„¢ we have absolute proof that we are practicing correctly. The Myelinatorâ„¢ will give us evidence and measurability to empirically change golf instruction for ever!" (soundcloud.com/own-my-swing)

"Its all about myelination! Human skills reside in the brain - there is no muscle memory" explained Howard Reisman, Own My Swing Founder/CEO who believes that we are at the dawn of a new era in golf instruction. The Myelinatorâ„¢ is the first training device designed specifically to 'myelinate' the ideal golf swing for the individual golfer, based on body type.

The Talent Code is the book that explains how Myelin grows in the brain, and how each of us can have more of it. According to author Daniel Coyle, "Myelin, the holy grail of skill acquisition, allows brain signals to propagate faster along pathways called axons. Recurring use of these axons (through deep practice) generates Myelin, which is like electrical tape for the brain, increasing propagation of electrical signals from 2 mph to 200 mph - it's like neural broadband! Axons that fire together- wire together! As a result skill acquisition increases by up to tenfold!"

Own My Swing is offering The Talent Code free of charge to the first 100 qualified individuals who have a burning desire to become better golfers. Simply go to the Own My Swing website and complete the Application Form. (ownmyswing.com/The-Perfect-Storm.php#form ) or call 866-456-6543.

The Myelinatorâ„¢ consists of proprietary Myelinator Academy Performance Software (MAPS) running on a powerful Windows 10 processor driving high speed graphics being displayed on a 23" HD touch screen monitor. In addition, two (2) 3D sensors are attached, one to the body the other to the club. A customized ideal swing based on body type is then loaded into memory, with the swing path being defined by metrics addressing thirteen (13) positions in three dimensional space for both the club head and body. These become the metrics for the golfer's unique swing. Practice consists of only fifteen (15) minutes day and no golf balls to hit. The Myelinatorâ„¢ is the game changing technology for serious golfers to literally 'own their swing'. 

About Own My Swing
Own My Swing delivers disruptive brain-centric products and services enabling serious golfers to finally ownership of their golf game. World-class engineers, programmers, PGA Tour-level performance and biomechanics coaches have designed Own My Swing's proprietary products, including The Myelinatorâ„¢ Swing Coach, (ownmyswing.com/Myelinator.php), The MyelinationStationâ„¢ and FocusBandâ„¢ Performance Coach (ownmyswing.com/iFocusband.php). The Own My Swing Academy, in Carlsbad, California integrates these products with proprietary learning methodologies in its signature 'Practice Made Perfect'â„¢ Program. For more information visit OwnMySwing.com (ownmyswing.com) or call 866-456-6543 Ext 101.

Heather Armbrust, Own My Swing, 866-456-6543 Ext 111, [email protected]

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This seems intriguing.  I applied...

What do you guys think of it?

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm with you Barbajo. I filled out a long form on their site. Also left a phone message and another email to Heather. I'd like to see for myself it there is anything to this. If not selected I'd be interested in a purchase perhaps. I'd like to try the Focus Band also and start playing like Jason Day.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Filled out the app earlier today. Just got a phone call and voicemail asking for me to call them back. At work today so we'll see tomorrow.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Had a Looong phone conversation with Howard Reisman - the owner/founder of Own MySwing - today.  Gotta say if passion were dollars he'd have more money than Trump!

In a nutshell - as best as I could digest our conversation (I was in the car at the time) - Own My Swing tries to take the left brain, or the analytical side, out of the golf swing and let your intuitive/creative right brain take over.  What's more, Howard says you can actually train your brain to let the right side do the work while golfing. 

There's a LOT more to it all, and if you do get to talk with Howard, you'll see what I mean about passion.  I have no idea if this whole concept is really the magic potion to help up play better golf, but I can say that Howard is a true believer.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Interesting. I'm a creative person, and I usually let that side run rampant but only a few times does my analytical side come out and muck up the works.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Spoke with Howard today. Heck of a nice guy. Looking forward to reading the book and talking to him some more. I definitely tend to over analyze things so my interest is piqued.

After talking with Howard for a while the other day I could tell he had great passion. He believes what he's doing. He wants golfers like me to discover what he's found. I'm most interested for sure. I'm going to work with Howard and see what happens. It starts today. He sent me the book, The Talent Code; and I'll begin reading it tonight. I'm not sure what our next step will be but I think it will be fun. For me this is a totally different approach to my game. Hope my brain doesn't explode.

20151014_173635.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Just got back from a biz trip and found my copy in the mailbox...talk about quick shipping!  He must have sent it out Tuesday and it got to me Wednesday. Can't wait to dig into it and see what's there, and to learn more about the "Mylinator!"

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I mentioned this book to a friend at lunch today and he chuckled. A trainer at GolfTec suggested that he read it. My friend has had the book on his phone for months but hasn't read it yet. Now's he's interested.

I'm about to get started on mine.

I read it a few years ago based on comments from my swing coach.  Very interesting read about the different centers of excellence and how they go about training.  Enjoy the book!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm certain that the book is the foundation for the Ownmyswing business model. The Focus Band is another product developed by a company in Australia I believe. At this point I'm guessing that Howard Reisman and others have started a new business based on the combination of the Talent Code book, Focus Band and software. Howard being the entrepreneur and business man that he is (not to mention passionate golfer) saw the light of how he could potentially capitalize on these ideas and devices. I'm not knocking this approach at all. Why reinvent the wheel when the pieces are already there? Ownmyswing is a package of products and ideas - teaching specific for golf training. Because it's so different and unique (to me anyway) I like the idea quite frankly. I hope to be able to use the Focus Band and software/apps a little later on. Lords knows I could use a little better mental focus on the course. Like the book says.... my muscles aren't letting me down. My brain is. We'll see if my brain is Myelin-appable*.

As a side note.... I did see on the Ownmyswing website where Howard shows a screen cap of his GHIN handicap plummeting from 10.5 to 4.7 in  about 90 days through August 2015 that he has now gone back up to a 6.5 handicap as of Oct. 15, 2015 revision according to the GHIN website. I wonder what happened?

I read most of the book last night. It's a good read and definitely interesting. Looking forward to seeing where this goes from here.

I received a call again yesterday from Howard Reisman. He was inquiring if I had received and read the book he sent. I'm still reading it. Anyway, Howard had much to say again about Myelinator. I have a better understanding about the "system" now. Ownmyswing is many things as I understand it. It's a new learning-training method developed by Howard. Ownmyswing has three parts if you will. Starting with the principals/science from the book The Talent Code - dealing with myelin to the Focus Band and the Myelinator. After listening to Howard for a bit I cut to the chase and asked him what it would cost for me to get all Myelinated and begin improving my swing and game. +- $25,000 was the answer Howard gave me. The Myelinator is a sensor belt you wear around your waist along with a sensor attached to your club. The Focus Band goes around your head. I quickly told Howard I would not be a customer for him at this time due to the cost. Howard also informed me that for about $695 I could get the Focus Band. Howard really wants people to come to Carlsbad for a training class of some sort. Unfortunately at these prices the Myelinator/FocusBand, etc is out of reach for most golfers. 

I've now talked to Howard two times and enjoyed learning more about Ownmyswing. I've also encouraged him to join MGS. He certainly could lend more to the subject than me. I wish him well.

$25,000 buys "The Talent Code" and a lot of range balls and lessons... :(

Despite (or because of) the tendonitis developing in my hands this summer, I'm ending the season with a better swing than I started with.  My hands are MUCH lower at address and my grip less tight, which gives me a more sweeping swing, and now that I'm getting used to it I'm longer, higher and more consistent than I was at the beginning of the season.

I was playing at a 14 handicap at the beginning of the season at my home course and bogey + away, but what surprised me the past month is, after having to lay off for awhile, my ballstriking is better now than it's ever been.  (Now if I can just keep that feel over the winter...)

The short game is where I'll see any improvement in my play and I don't see how much this method would really benefit that part of the game.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 8 months later...

Archived