Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Forum Member Reviews - Snell My Tour Ball - Team Ouimet

GolfSpy Barbajo

Last week I decided to play my home course front 9 using my normal gamer the Nike RZN Black.  Trying to approximate some form of consistency so that a apples to apples comparison would be the outcome.  Weather was on the cold side 56° and a 5-7 mph wind at the start (ended at 52°( all distances were a bit shy of what I would call my norm, so distances was not a factor I looked at.

The first thing I noticed and it continued thru-out the 9 was that the Nike RZN Black "felt" like I was hitting a rock and the sound was on the high pitch side.  This is the opposite of the MTB during a similar outing a few days before.  57° and breezy.   I did not enjoy hitting the ball during the entire round.  I played fairly well considering I had longer clubs into the greens than normal and I scored fine (shot a 39).  Putting was also a tale of hard to "feel" the ball.  I have played the Nike RZN Black for a entire season so I was "use" the feel of the ball during these conditions but after using the MTB during similar weather I was amazed at the difference.  Not sure how to quantify this other than it was different.  On these findings alone I would be leaning toward keeping the MTB as my gamer for 2016.

Driver: Titleist TS2 11.5° set to 10.75°
Wood: Cobra F-Max Superlite 3W 16°
Hybrids:  Cobra F-Max Superlite 3 Hybrid 19° /
XXIO X 23° 26°
Irons: Callaway Rogue X 7-AW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52° Cleveland RTX-3 58°
Putter: EvnRoll ER2 33" 2° loft 385g Winn Pro X 1.18 grip
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 2019 - Yellow
GPS: Bushnell Tour V4 Slope
Stat Tracking Device: Game Golf Live

follow@golf93454

Archived