TESTERS WANTED! ×

BIG STU WITB

Ok this is my first WITB post and yes this is what is in the signature. I actually front line play this stuff

ATT_1445094382757_20151013_172036.jpg

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Have you ever considered using some lead tape? LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That's a good bag, actually, but I'm no  connoisseur of pickups.

But here's the thing, Stu--no horizontal stripes for guys like us. Try a solid navy, brown, olive, or maroon.

You are correct on the stripes I usually wear solid shirts.. and definetly wear solid color pants. the pick up is a 96 Dodge Dakota the last year for square cab

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Have you ever considered using some lead tape? LOL

NAAAHHHH I am trying to quit LOL! But hey the people at the lead tape factory have families to feed too

G

Like the Home Depot Bucket......LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

HA Ha you would Fozzy. that shows how crowded and small my shop really is. I had been in the middle of a couple of projects including getting the specs on the Renegar wedges when that photo was taken. Between the projects regular work and taking computer lessons I have not had time to clean the shop---- and you caught me LOL again! But I like my old Homer trash can sorta redneck like me.

G

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great bag love the v steels. Is the shaft on the driver rare?

Yes very rare. It was a tour prototype supposedly only 75 were made and never released to the public. There were 5 of them here at the beach. I know the where abouts of 3 of them. My friend who built my driver broke one at the hosel in an experimental SMT. One is in my driver and the other one is in my shop with the Hathaway adaptor already glued on it and it has been tuned to the exact specs as the one in my driver for a back up. I knew a little about these shafts but it turns out a WRX member knew the owner of Creation personally and filled in the missing parts for me. That company Creation is now out of business and so Is the Harrison Shaft company who built the Hathaway heads. Very few people know about the Hathaway heads most folks think they are some kind of clone heads but then again most people thinks my gear is Salvation Army stuff. But even though they are worn and battered they are finely tuned instruments for me anyhow

G

Hey Stu,

Am I reading "Macgregor VIP" underneath all that lead tape?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Play what works.  Heck I would not play you for money if you showed up with that bag.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Hey Stu,

Am I reading "Macgregor VIP" underneath all that lead tape?

Absolutely! 1980 remakes I bought them brand new in 90 in the box never hit. Have played them on and off since then

G

• 4 months later...

Wow I reviewed this and have mad whole sale changes since I posted that which is un usual for me.

I have lost quite a bit of weight since then and I am now able to swing more upright than I used to. I changed my signature this morning. I will post pics later this weekend. My main change was in the driver and fairway wood. I am getting older and those rebar driver and fairway shafts were getting harder for me to hit. I ended up doing a deal and got the 915 with a regular flex Diamana shaft. Actually I am straighter and a little longer than the old Hathaway

My beloved V-Steels and Cally Steel head were getting too stiff for me any more and I lucked up on that stock ugly Adams 18* and I hit the crap out of it about 220 or so which is good enough for me.

I have gotten back to an more upright swing with the long irons and can control them so I went back to them

I had messed around and traded for the Hopkins wedges and at first thought they were a POS until I got to messing with them. Ended up weighting them up with lead tape to suit me and they turned out better than expected. Oh I still love the Renegar wedges and they are the main backups.

I went to the Cleveland 900 because my beloved VIP PW is worn slap out and it seems to do well I got it along with a newer Cleveland 50* on another trade.

On the Cameron putters I found them in 2 seperate hauls within 3 days at work and I love both of them but of course the T Mag Rosa will not go anywhere.

The bag I got on a heck of a deal it is a last years model and sort of an off color a friend of mine on another blog tells me it is Seattle Sea Hawks colors but I do not keep up with all that crap anyhow. I had won 2 gift cards at a local owned golf store so with them and the discount price I got it for only $45. I know it has the shoulder straps and is light. It fits my needs and besides my old Cleveland stand bag was 10 years old and falling apart as was my equally old Titleist mini staff bag left over from my last hurrah of the Mini days.

Yep wholesale changes for me which is unusual

G

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice classic bag, I love the old 588 wedges!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

• 4 weeks later...

All right guys I finally updated some

ATT_1475453273652_20161002_195611.jpg

Here is the lineup

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Diamana R

3 wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara R

5 Wood Adams Super S 18* Kurokage R

2 Iron 1999 Hogan Apex ( A real Hogan) S-300 not tipped

Irons 4 thru PW Macgregor Nicklaus Muirfield S-300 Tour Issue soft stepped 1X

SW Same old Cleveland 56

LW same old Cleveland 60

Putter same Old rusty Santa Fe

G

Eclectic mix of clubs in there, I'm sure you know how to make each one work just fine.

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

• 1 month later...

Awesome bag Stu

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy