Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

New Teacher

Yes I agree Mr. Theo there is no doubt that my swing is becoming more efficient - the loop is still there but a small inside loop is manageable.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks Kenny - the stress of that wind and cold brought more of the loop out - that was some day to play golf on that course.  Let's hope for some better weather the next time around.  I didn't have a lesson but our assistant pro was on the range with me Sunday afternoon.  No one there will mess with one of Jim's students but he knows what I'm working on and he said I was doing such a good job of getting back inside on the range that I was too far inside - so I dialed it back a bit - he said I'll be very pleased when I see where I'm at on video at my next lesson. 

Oh and lets try and keep my membership from being rushed to the hospital during dinner as well too. :)

The woman that I got the call about actually had a seizure that lasted 12 hours - can you imagine that?  Scared all of us doctor included.  As a pastor I see a lot of medical stuff go on real time but I've never seen that before.  Sometimes I see too much BTW, the dentist prescribed some pain killers to use after pulling my tooth and when I got the prescription and saw what they were I passed on taking them - I've buried too many people who became addicted to that stuff.  Way too many young people. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks Kenny - the stress of that wind and cold brought more of the loop out - that was some day to play golf on that course.  Let's hope for some better weather the next time around.  I didn't have a lesson but our assistant pro was on the range with me Sunday afternoon.  No one there will mess with one of Jim's students but he knows what I'm working on and he said I was doing such a good job of getting back inside on the range that I was too far inside - so I dialed it back a bit - he said I'll be very pleased when I see where I'm at on video at my next lesson. 

Oh and lets try and keep my membership from being rushed to the hospital during dinner as well too. :)

The woman that I got the call about actually had a seizure that lasted 12 hours - can you imagine that?  Scared all of us doctor included.  As a pastor I see a lot of medical stuff go on real time but I've never seen that before.  Sometimes I see too much BTW, the dentist prescribed some pain killers to use after pulling my tooth and when I got the prescription and saw what they were I passed on taking them - I've buried too many people who became addicted to that stuff.  Way too many young people. :(

Your parishioners are very lucky to have you around.  Keep up the great work!!  

I don't like the pain killers either; Martha took way to much before her back surgery, and after surgery it took a long time to get off them.  I take hydrocodone occasionally on the course depending on how I feel.  I don't much care for it because of the constipation, but it does help.  It's a fairly small dose and I don't usually take it for casual fun rounds unless I'm hurting more than usual.  I don't like getting old.  Hey! Wait a minute!  I'm not getting old... I'm already old!

Guess you will have to dial in new distances for your irons.  That's a good thing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...

I felt like I back tracked last week so I took a lesson earlier this week. Much like Jax mentioned in the how did you play thread I've clearly gotten a different set of expectations as to what's off. I was really very close. I hit a few shots we recorded them, watched and looked closely at some pictures of Ben Hogan at impact vs. me. We then went to the range and I copied the Hogan impact position as my set up and swing from there. It worked but I've also had issues with linger shots so he had me hit some five woods. After a grounder I started hitting boring straight balls with a slight fade. I was also taking a perfect little divot. This from a guy who had trouble taking a divot with a wedge when we started last December.

BTW my teacher loves the C200's for me, particularly the shaft. The little extra weight is helping me feel the club head through impact.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I find it funny how so often it is only one little thought that might make your swing click. Last year I was taking lessons every two weeks to get back to where I was when I played in college. After about 6 lessons my coach suggest I feel my wrists snap like a whip in my back swing as my trigger to start my down swing. I have not seen my coach since then.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I find it funny how so often it is only one little thought that might make your swing click. Last year I was taking lessons every two weeks to get back to where I was when I played in college. After about 6 lessons my coach suggest I feel my wrists snap like a whip in my back swing as my trigger to start my down swing. I have not seen my coach since then.

It's normally not as bad as it seems which is why it's so important to have a teacher. Following the wrong advice is what can really mess some one up.

I'm waiting to head to the course either to play 9 or hit the range and was watching Ricky Folwer work on exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. It was pretty cool.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived