TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who's changing equipment sponsors in 2016?

Ace of Clubs Golf Co.

We like to keep tabs on which equipment players are using out on Tour. Of course, the manufacturers are very tight lipped about announcing any particulars of any deal. Also, generally this information is kept extremely secret until the company can make the formal announcement, but sometimes rumors and photos of the pros practicing with their new gear.

GARY WOODLAND

Woodland, presently a Callaway staffer, is rumored to be making the move to TaylorMade for 2016. TaylorMade already has the best overall stable of players anchored by Dustin Johnson, Jason Day and Justin Rose. Even still, Woodland, currently the No. 60 golfer in the world, would be a nice addition to TMag. 

Gary-Woodland-AJGA-Under-Armour-Championship.jpg

There have been recent rumors of photos taken with Woodland testing the M1 Driver during one of his recent practice sessions.

BILLY HORSCHEL

World No. 36, Billy Horschel, currently a Ping staffer is widely assumed to have already signed with Parsons Xtreme Golf  for 2016.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-06-at-8.46.37-PM.png

Notice that Horschel's headcovers already have the PXG logo stitched on them, and those appear to be PXG model 0311 irons peaking out of his Ping Staff Bag.

The recent news comes on the heels of Davis Love III showing up at the RSM Classic with PXG equipment

96c91c790bc4a7457eea4d97d1c50ad7.jpg

Given these two most recent moves, and abundant swirling rumors, it appears that PXG may only getting started building their stable of players for 2016. Zach Johnson and Chris Kirk are two more big names that are rumored to possibly be making the move to PXG in 2016.

ANIRBAN LAHIRI

India's brightest golfing star, Anirban Lahiri, is presently a Cleveland/Srixon staffer. And judging by Cleveland's tweet, the 28-year-old Lahiri is going to be staying that way for a while.

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.28.44 AM.png

Lahiri, the No. 42 golfer in the world, joins Keegan Bradley and Graeme McDowell hoping to generate a resurgence for the Cleveland/Srixon brand in 2016. 

RUMORS - The following rumors are unsubstantiated:

HAROLD VARNER III is rumored to be moving from Cleveland/Srixon and joining Callaway.

BROOKS KOEPKA may be moving from Titleist to join the Nike stable.

DUSTIN JOHNSON is rumored to have signed a contract with Under Armour staring in 2017.

SERGIO GARCIA may also be defecting back to Titleist in 2016 after being spotted on the practice range with some Vokey wedges. Although he has recently denied these rumors via Social Media.

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.49.17 AM.png

Whoever does, and doesn't show up with new equipment, we will continue to investigate and speculate on the moves that players may, or may not be making in 2016.

CLICK HERE to view the original post.

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

Who's changing equipment sponsors in 2016? Whoever brings the most money to the table.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

When I got home from work yesterday I saw Billy Horschel chip in with that PXG wedge. So looks like he is ready for the change. Also on a side note Graham Mcdowell is a funny dude. He is team up with Gary Woodland and they had a short approach shot. Woodland going first hits his shot tour sauce drops his club on the follow through ends up inside 10 feet. Graham up next hits his inside 5 feet then throws his club in jest. I thought it was pretty funny. At the end of the interview is from 18. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/graeme-mcdowell-gary-woodland-round-222022496.html

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

When I got home from work yesterday I saw Billy Horschel chip in with that PXG wedge. So looks like he is ready for the change. Also on a side note Graham Mcdowell is a funny dude. He is team up with Gary Woodland and they had a short approach shot. Woodland going first hits his shot tour sauce drops his club on the follow through ends up inside 10 feet. Graham up next hits his inside 5 feet then throws his club in jest. I thought it was pretty funny. At the end of the interview is from 18. 

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/video/graeme-mcdowell-gary-woodland-round-222022496.html

Thanks for posting the video!

I couldn't get the video to to play through the link that you provided, but I was able to find it elsewhere. These guys are funny.

However, you can view the video HERE for anyone experiencing the same issues.

DP

I can tell you that there are some really big names switching to PXG next year. At least 5 in the top 50 in the world

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I can tell you that there are some really big names switching to PXG next year. At least 5 in the top 50 in the world

Please give us some names?

I know Billy Horschel for sure. Also, I heard someone mention Dustin Johnson recently, but that is not confirmed.

The suspense is killing me. 

I know clubs were built for ZJ, Kuch, DL3 and CH3. also a few other guys have paid them a visit. I know ZJ, DL3 and CH3 have been playing them and there are pics to verify.

Snell MTB-X

Not the irons just the wedges

Snell MTB-X

I know money can be a good incentive but I still think these fellas should be careful with switching clubs. For every successful switch it seems like there's two or three times where the player loses his touch and goes through a long adjustment period to get it back if he ever does at all. Given, these companies can make sets that feel pretty dang close to a player's old gear (see Rory's switch to Nike) it's still an awful big risk in my opinion cuz that can still throw you off (again see Rory's switch to Nike) but they're also up there making more money then I might ever see in one place while I'm here scraping through college so don't take me too seriously lol.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

In retrospect I wonder how much if any of Rory's struggles were due to the equipment change. HIs career seems to be setting up as one of streaks. Whn he's on he's almost unbeatable and when he's not he's back in the pack. Perhaps that equipment change coincided with a down period rather than contributed to it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

In retrospect I wonder how much if any of Rory's struggles were due to the equipment change. HIs career seems to be setting up as one of streaks. Whn he's on he's almost unbeatable and when he's not he's back in the pack. Perhaps that equipment change coincided with a down period rather than contributed to it.

uhhhh didnt he just win the Race to Dubai ?  Don't think its the Clubs,  I'm leaning on the amount of Travel he does ......  The kid will be fine.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

He'll have a hall of fame career I have no bounty about that, and I agree he is streaky but I think there was still a bit of an adjustment period if nothing else at least mentally.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just read on the twitter of two huge changes for 2018. These are probably just rumors. But when their contacts end in 2017, Jordan Spieth is joining PXG, and Jason Day is going to Nike.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

So I just read on the twitter of two huge changes for 2018. These are probably just rumors. But when their contacts end in 2017, Jordan Spieth is joining PXG, and Jason Day is going to Nike.

I sure hope Jordan stays Titleist, I think a switch like that could really hurt him.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

I sure hope Jordan stays Titleist, I think a switch like that could really hurt him.

I think he would do on, but Titliest wouldn't look very good letting the two of biggest young players in golf history go. Tiger back before signing work Nike, and Jordan now. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Archived