TESTERS WANTED! ×

Planning any Golf Trips for 2016?

PlaidJacket

A couple months ago, I went to Denver and played Bear Creek CC a few times then went out to Dismal River for a few days and played both courses there several times before one final round at Bear Creek.  

I'm still trying to figure out a fall golf vacation.  One of the things I'm trying to do is golf in all 50 states, so was thinking about driving up to Maine and Rhode Island, which would knock out the east coast up to Indiana for me, so that will probably happen.

Maybe in December I'll try to sneak away to Phoenix, just depends on how the weather here is.  

I heard about the Co/ trip and Dismal River from Spivey when he was in town a couple weeks ago.  Sounded like an awesome time.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about the Co/ trip and Dismal River from Spivey when he was in town a couple weeks ago.  Sounded like an awesome time.

It was a blast!  Dismal was a really cool place and hanging out with lots of friends in Denver was a great start and end to the trip.  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Just booked everything for my wife and I to go to Pebble for a conference in November.  JFK to SFO on Delta, hotel in San Fran for the night, Mustang convertible for the ride down the Pacific Coast Highway to Pebble, golf on Saturday for me with a spa day for her.  Back in time on Monday moring to put the kids on the bus for school.  Really looking forward to a few days away without kids almost more than playing Pebble.....almost.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Just booked everything for my wife and I to go to Pebble for a conference in November.  JFK to SFO on Delta, hotel in San Fran for the night, Mustang convertible for the ride down the Pacific Coast Highway to Pebble, golf on Saturday for me with a spa day for her.  Back in time on Monday moring to put the kids on the bus for school.  Really looking forward to a few days away without kids almost more than playing Pebble.....almost.

Sounds like a great trip. I've only been out that way once, it's a beautiful area.

I've played three TPC's in the last 6 months. I took a golf vacation to Vegas after a really long couple of weeks and desperately needed a vacation. Played three courses out there, including my go to Coyote Springs. TPC Vegas was a last minute add on and really surprising how much I liked it compared to the last time I played it. TPC Scottsdale is expensive for my standards, even in summer it's around 80-100 bucks in the heat of Phoenix Summer. TPC West Stadium Course was a nice course. It plays long, (233 par 3 over water from the blues might be a bit much there Pete Dye), but I really enjoyed the course itself. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 months later...

A week from now I'll be on my way to Southern Pines/Pinehurst for our yearly Thanksgiving visit.  My wife and I will play every day that the weather allows.  Having been there a few times, there's little or no planning involved, other than making dinner reservations for the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I can't wait!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

A week from now I'll be on my way to Southern Pines/Pinehurst for our yearly Thanksgiving visit.  My wife and I will play every day that the weather allows.  Having been there a few times, there's little or no planning involved, other than making dinner reservations for the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I can't wait!

Enjoy it Dave.

There is a chance I may be in Raleigh fo rThanksgiving.  But as close as that is to Pinehurst, sadly it will be filled with family visits and no time for golf, if I end up making it down. 

Archived