TESTERS WANTED! ×

Toulon releases ALL putters, updated 2/3

McaseyM

2 of 5 models available in LH. This is why I dislike almost all of these companies. The available LH putters are the same basic model as every other putter manufacturer in existence, so as a lefty what sets any of these companies apart from any other?

I hear that. FWIW, Carbon Putters seems to offer all of their current models in LH as made to order. Why is that a challenge for other companies?

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Carbon Putters will shut down before the others who don't offer LH in everything. It's that easy. Common sense and responsible way to run a company.

I'm not sure I understand your post.

outside of having a putter custom made. Almost all the big companies offer the same 2 or 3 models in LH, 1. Newport 2 style, 2. Odyssey #9 style, 3. Some sort of face balanced mallet. That's it. and Toulon here only offers the 1st, and the 3rd models I have listed in LH. I will say over the last few years the big companies have done a little better by offering a few more models, but if you don't like the 3 to 5 choices offered you're SOL.

Thank goodness for custom handcrafted putter companies, I want something different so I will pay for it I guess.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I know it's not nearly as simple as this ( but seems like it could/should be), but it seems that since so many use computer programs to design the putter head and it sends it to the automated milling machine, couldn't the program flip/mirror the design?

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

That's to simple, since they mass produce these putters, it's about the demand for the putter, since there won't be a high demand in lefty it's better for them not to make any. It would be nice if they could CNC machine a mirror image on request.

I know it's not nearly as simple as this ( but seems like it could/should be), but it seems that since so many use computer programs to design the putter head and it sends it to the automated milling machine, couldn't the program flip/mirror the design?

I don't know anything about the process but those were my thoughts. I get that companies wouldn't stock that many LH putters. Just didn't understand why a young company like Carbon can make LH putters to order in any of their models but others can't.

It's all about the business model. The more skus you produce generally the higher cost to manufacture. You have to stop production on one sku, change the machine around and then start another product. If the demand doesn't justify the cost, especially for a start up, then it's not going to get made

Two ways to look at it. A company like Carbon probably wants to capitalize on the most wanted testing buzz and also can't afford to turn customers away.

A company like Toulon is not going to have exposure problems when a guy with Sean's connections is running it. They can be more selective in what they make. Keeping costs down early and keeping the production lean.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I understand the model for business, it just sucks that just because we play the game from the other side, we can't get the same equipment, and the only reason is they don't want to make them. I work in manufacturing, once the program is made, (which can take several hours to do), then the program would be set, changing the machine from that point is minimal time since the vices and clamping would already be in the machine, honestly since the program for RH model is in the software for the machine, they just need to copy the program and flip it to mirror itself. It wouldn't take much time to do that. It's just the matter of taking the time to program, yes it may take some time to do it but at 3-4 hundred bucks per, it's money you didn't have before. It sounds like Carbon took the time to go ahead and make both LH and RH programs, and instead of just running off a bunch of lefty stuff they offer it as on option. Which will pay off for them in the long run.

• SPY VIP

As others have touched on...this is largely supply and demand coupled with what I suppose you might call proximity to resources.

We all know there's less demand for left-handed gear. Putters get milled in groups, so it's not exactly something that you do on a literal one-off basis. For guys who outsource the manufacturing piece, you have to deal with minimums and things of that ilk, so it makes sense to pick your sports for left-handed gear.

Companies who have their own milling machines...Bettinardi, Carbon, etc., they have a little more flexibility to make left-handed clubs in smaller batches that you can do when you outsource.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Has anyone here checked out Xenon? I've contacted Lumpy, he makes some really sweet stuff, unique and does it one at a time and his pricing is really affordable.

He quoted me $337 shipped for a kUtlas in black oxide, but that was right handed. You could contact him and get an idea of what you'd like, seems to be able to make just about anything.

Has anyone here checked out Xenon? I've contacted Lumpy, he makes some really sweet stuff, unique and does it one at a time and his pricing is really affordable.

He quoted me $337 shipped for a kUtlas in black oxide, but that was right handed. You could contact him and get an idea of what you'd like, seems to be able to make just about anything.

I just got a quote from Slighter, I may check out xenon. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Toulon Garage for full customization opens on Tuesday on their website.

They've been putting out some sweet putters on Instagram.

Archived