Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Who watched Super Bowl One on TV yesterday?

NiftyNiblick

I was thinking of who was in the room with me when I watched it the first time.

It was my uncle, aunt, and younger cousin. I ate at their house that Sunday and we watched the game. I had taken the points and bet on the Chiefs. I was twenty years old and a big AFL fan.

I'm now the only one of the four of us still on this side of the grass.

A lot changes in fifty years.

Anyway, we've got the Chiefs here in New England in just a few hours.

Checking the roster, they don't have a single holdover from yesterday's game.

I watched about the first hour. I found it kind of boring. The production seemed disjointed and poorly edited. Many times while the game is running/playing all the coffee table X-players were jabbering. I expected to just see a replay of the game and listen to the original play by play. Didn't happen while I watched.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Watched the first half before getting back to work - the second half awaits on TIVO.  I love watching that old stuff.  I was too young to remember Super Bowl 1, but I do remember watching the Ice Bowl - I think it was the first football game I ever watched (I was hooked) - and then watching Super Bowl 2 - Packers and Raiders.

In this Sports Center world, it's refreshing to remember that only times you could see highlights would either be at half time on Monday night football with Howard Cosell, or else on "This Week in Pro Football" by NFL Films...that was usually on Saturday featuring the previous weeks games, with Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall. 

Summerall had a great voice!

Loved the old MNF intro...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I remember watching baseball on Saturday afternoons with my Dad and hearing Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese intro Falstaff beer. I recall Dizzy saying something to Pee Wee like... "Hey Pee Wee a cold Falstaff sure would be good about now". Then they'd cut to a commercial....

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I haven't watched it yet, but have Super Bowl 1 on the DVR, since it's a Chiefs game.  

Today's Chiefs-Patriots is our family "Super Bowl," since our extended families are largely split Midwest/New England and we're about 50-50 Chiefs/Pats fans.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I haven't watched it yet, but have Super Bowl 1 on the DVR, since it's a Chiefs game.

Today's Chiefs-Patriots is our family "Super Bowl," since our extended families are largely split Midwest/New England and we're about 50-50 Chiefs/Pats fans.

Go Chiefs!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Go Chiefs!

No no no -- it's "Go Pats!!!"

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I remember it very well because my old man was booking at the time. KC was the favorite as I recall and the old man rolled the dice so to speak and did not lay off any of the action. Green Bay more than covered the spread and he busted the fat hog in the butt that day. Of course a few months later he lost his butt attempting the same thing on the National College Championship basketball game UCLA versus UNC ( University of N Carolina) He was such a big Carolina fan. I remember one of his pet sayings  "In gambling that's the way it goes first your money and then your clothes" That sorta crap did not phase him one bit.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

that was a "broadcast" put together from NFL films tapes.    A guy in Pennsylvania owns the old known network tape of the game, although it is missing a good chunk of the third quarter.  Neither the NFL, nor anyone else apparently, will pay his $1 million asking price.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dispute-prevents-nfl-from-reairing-original-broadcast-of-super-bowl-i-215918750.html

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

No no no -- it's "Go Pats!!!"

Nope. I don't like belichick and Brady went to that school up north

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I remember it very well because my old man was booking at the time. KC was the favorite as I recall and the old man rolled the dice so to speak and did not lay off any of the action. Green Bay more than covered the spread and he busted the fat hog in the butt that day. Of course a few months later he lost his butt attempting the same thing on the National College Championship basketball game UCLA versus UNC ( University of N Carolina) He was such a big Carolina fan. I remember one of his pet sayings  "In gambling that's the way it goes first your money and then your clothes" That sorta crap did not phase him one bit.

Ah, Stu, beg to differ a bit.  Packers did cover the spread, but as a two touchdown favorite!!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history/

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Well, now that the Pats won "The Family Feud," GO PATS!! ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

But Mr_Theoo,

Belichick is a Cleveland Croate by background.

I'm not a Browns fan either

That game was a damn site less stressful than last year's divisional game against Baltimore - that one too waaayyyy too much out of me, to the point where my wife said, "If the games upset you so much, why do you watch them?"  

She just doesn't get it...

Anyway, the Drive For Five is ALIVE!!!!  

pats 1.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ah, Stu, beg to differ a bit.  Packers did cover the spread, but as a two touchdown favorite!!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history/

I may not remember it right but I do remember he had the book lopsided so to speak and did not lay off any of the action to balance the books and hit the jackpot---- that time any how--- He was a gambler and a half---He lived that BST song "Go Down Gambling" to the max. I remember the weeks after the game he would go around saying "All The Way With Green Bay"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Sorry to be so late on this, I watched Super Bowl one from the couch in my living room, I was sick as a dog. I was an NFL guy because the Giants trained near where I grew up. Even though the Chiefs lost Super Bowl one opened my eyes to the AFL and I started watching some of their games the next season. I enjoyed the wide open play.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived