Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Testers Wanted: PLANE SIGHT by Caddie Elite Laser Training Aid

JBones

PLANE SIGHT by Caddie Elite

pasted image 0.png

We’re looking for 5 MyGolfSpy members to test the Plane Sight Laser training aid as featured in our recent Practice Kit Essentials.

As usual, we're looking for members who can put the PLANE SIGHT through it’s paces and be willing to write coherently about your experience and provide good quality photographs.

The PLANE SIGHT is a laser attachment for the end of any club that helps to identify proper swing plane. The laser acts as an extension of the club and provides immediate feedback to the golfer whether or not they’re on or off plane.

How to apply:

Tell us how you think this product could help you with your swing.  We will select 5 of you to test this product.

pasted image 0 (1).png

pasted image 0 (2).png

I am a range rat by nature, so I'd love to see how the feeling of being plane compares to reality.  My tendency is to get steep on the backswing and downswing.  This could help get the feeling of being on plane at least on the backswing.  Downswing it's too late.  But I think I'd wear the batteries out on this sucker!  Wonder how easy it is to switch it between clubs....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I spend a lot of time on the range, and this looks like just the sort of gizmo that might help fix my slight EE and OTT tendencies through instant feedback. 

Titleist 917D2 w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T

Titleist 915Fd w/Aldila Rogue Black 80

18* KZG U-Iron w/UST Mamiya ProForce V2, 106g

Mizuno MP-18mmc’s 4-P w/UST Mamiya Recoil 95’s

Titleist Vokey SM5, 51.07, 56.10 w/TT DG S200’s

Callaway Sure Out 64 w/TT DG Tour Issue S200

T.P. Mills Klassic

Ooo ooo ooo, pick me, pick me... I live in Anchorage Alaska and most of my time practicing has been indoors, in my home.  I actually have been looking at this product, I believe it will help me with my plain, which I have been working on.  This product seems to me, to be an easier way to visually check that you are maintaining that plane into the back swing and into the through swing.

I have taken many lessons over the years and always end up wondering if I am swinging too flat or upright.  It seems I make better contact and hit longer shots when I swing on a plane that feels flat, but I am much more accurate with mid and short irons when I am swinging what feels more upright, but contact suffers.  I generally practice indoors on a simulator during the Winter, but have never had a feedback device for plane. Would be interesting if it can solve my dilemma?  

Mavrik 10.5 w TT Evenflow Riptide CB 50

Mavrik 5 metal w TT Evenflow Riptide 60

Rogue 4 hybrid

Titleist T200 5 - G

Vokey SM8 54 and 60

I will be willing to test this product.  For a golfer that has never had a lesson and does not really worry about mechanics, it will be interesting to see how well this product works.  I play by feel and it has worked ok so far, and I can see this product helping to develop a nice cut when a draw is mostly the shot I play.   I have access to a range and indoor simulators.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Currently my girlfriend would like "her" wireless presentation pointer "back"... but the laser is too useful.  Granted holding a remote and a club at the same time isn't impossible, I can't help but think it's hurting the info I'm trying to get.

Solution: Pick me.  Two things I'm currently working on: keeping the club pointed at my belly longer and seeing if I can burn a laser-hole in my carpet with shaft path on the back/down swings.  Recently read Decoding the Golf Swing Plane and shot one of the rounds of my life.  I'd love to know what's going on and how to replicate it.

Have a great round!

"World's Okayest Golfer." - Playing Partners

"Handsome." - Mom

"Who are you?" - Anonymous PGA Pro

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to HighFade PingMike ParChaser Jvigil123 & Johnwbrende.

Just be sure you don't down any airplanes or helicopters with this thing.....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So careful at those airport courses!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

• 1 month later...

So now that I have had the Plane Sight laser for a little while and have worked with it for a bit... I have to say that it has come in quite handy.  I didn't realize that my back swing was so far off line but this has given me instant feedback on that and I am slowly, stress slowly working that out.  The only drawback to the unit has been the lack of instruction tools from the manufacturer.  Also, generally I like tools that are multi functional and I have not been able to see any other functions for this tool.  You are able to  clearly see the line of your back swing and the beginning of the downswing but without instructional videos it is difficult to see any other uses for the tool.  However that being said, this tool has given me a clear direction with my swing and is allowing me to correct the flaw of not being on plane.  To be cont...... 

Archived