Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weather

Kor.A.Door

Well, apparently the Charlotte area is going to get hit with a pretty bad ice storm over night tonight. Since I work 3rd shift it will happen right during the middle of my shift, the morning drive may be a little dicey.

How does this relate to golf, well, we may have to shut he courses down do to the ice.

Also, just a reminder for all my friends here at MGS no matter where you live, to stay safe during bad weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Same to you - drive safe. How badly will the weather affect the football game Sunday?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We had the ice storm last week... On top of snow. Now it's warmed up to 40s and 50s. Rain today but looking good for the weekend.

Safe travels everyone!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That ice storm will be snow by the time it gets to NY. This weekend will be spent watching golf and staying off eBay.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Guess this means we will wear big boy pants in FL on Saturday. All of that cold weather is forcing a fit down here. Gonna be in the fifties while we are playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Guess this means we will wear big boy pants in FL on Saturday. All of that cold weather is forcing a fit down here. Gonna be in the fifties while we are playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It had better be warmer than that by the time I get there!  I'm not traveling 3000 miles to play golf in the same temperatures as home.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have 3 tee times for my group tomorrow. Made it Sunday when the forecast was for Sunny and 60. The forecast now is 30 with a 20+ mph wind. But supposed to be Sunny and 60 this weekend. Texas weather.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have 3 tee times for my group tomorrow. Made it Sunday when the forecast was for Sunny and 60. The forecast now is 30 with a 20+ mph wind. But supposed to be Sunny and 60 this weekend. Texas weather.

I hear ya there. Give it a minute though, it'll change.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

It is not doing anything at all here at the beach right now. trust me I am watching the radar. My regular run with a truck goes to Darlington 5 days a week. Ft. Mill huuh? I used to live there for a little while before I moved to Rock Hill area spefically Catawba. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Same to you - drive safe. How badly will the weather affect the football game Sunday?

LOL affect the football game? Knowing Charlotte they will have the roads cleared for the game if they have to have the National Guard clearing the roads with a shovel. Nothing stops ANY sporting event in Charlotte period!!!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I turned on the TV this morning while the coffee was brewing and on the news, they went from a DFW traffic report directly to pictures of it snowing in Roanoke. I thought "Sh!t, its not supposed to do that here." HaHa. Much relieved when I realized, with coffee in hand, that it was Roanoke, VA.

Just for background, I will explain that I live east of Dallas. There is a Roanoke, TX northwest of Fort Worth. Typically, whatever the weather changes are coming this time of year, happen to Roanoke 3-4 hours before it reaches here. So, when half asleep, I see them showing snow in Roanoke....

It had better be warmer than that by the time I get there!  I'm not traveling 3000 miles to play golf in the same temperatures as home.  

This time of year, the temp goes up and down like a roller coaster.....but that doesn't keep us from playing.   With tomorrow in the 50's all day, iIll wear long pants and put my Nike arm sleeves on.  We will be back into the 70's & 80's ny the 1st of February.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

That Nor'Easter is going to be nasty.  get the salt out.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

It supposed to be nicer on Sunday, it shouldn't affect the game at all, may be a little wet, but other than that the game should be good to go.

It is not doing anything at all here at the beach right now. trust me I am watching the radar. My regular run with a truck goes to Darlington 5 days a week. Ft. Mill huuh? I used to live there for a little while before I moved to Rock Hill area spefically Catawba.

The storm came from the Atlanta area, traveling north east, a mix of rain, ice and snow, heavy at times, but it's supposed to get colder as the day goes on

I'm going to pack a couple of long sleeve shirts and a jacket for Orlando next week, just in case...

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US

wbealsd, here is the link for Orlando weather.....looks like Monday Tuesday & Friday are your best bets....

It turned out to be a beautiful day here. Sunny and looks so warm. I just was loading some stuff in my wife's SUV and could barely hold on to it in the wind. It just looks nice, except for the trees whipping sideways.

I got rained out today, second time this week -

El Nino means cooler and wetter for Florida - The winter didn't start that way but it's finally hit - I feel badly for those of you planning to come for a visit.  It was very wet this summer and now with the cooler weather our courses aren't in the shape they normally would be in this time of year.  I hadn't missed a round in the winter due to rain in a long time and now this is twice in one week.  I'm going to play Sunday, I'll miss the first half of the first game but that's okay.

To all of my friends along the Atlantic Coast please be safe - looks like my sister and my buddy in CT are going to miss it but barely.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Gonna be a cool and blustery day in Tampa Florida tomorrow, with 20+ mph winds.......we have been getting close to 50 golfers on Saturday.

I turned on the TV this morning while the coffee was brewing and on the news, they went from a DFW traffic report directly to pictures of it snowing in Roanoke. I thought "Sh!t, its not supposed to do that here." HaHa. Much relieved when I realized, with coffee in hand, that it was Roanoke, VA.

Just for background, I will explain that I live east of Dallas. There is a Roanoke, TX northwest of Fort Worth. Typically, whatever the weather changes are coming this time of year, happen to Roanoke 3-4 hours before it reaches here. So, when half asleep, I see them showing snow in Roanoke....

LOL I bet that woke you up quicker than the Folgers ever did!!

G

The storm came from the Atlanta area, traveling north east, a mix of rain, ice and snow, heavy at times, but it's supposed to get colder as the day goes on

Oh yeah I can tell you all about that being born and raised in Charlotte. Anytime the Piedmont area of NC and the upstate of SC gets bad winter weather it always comes up from Atlanta. We are getting rain now in Biblical proportions I might add. I went as far as Darlington today all I saw was rain and the roads were just wet. Now all the drivers I talked to on US 52 coming from the North said it was rough up around Wadesboro and the Albermarle area

G

• SPY VIP

El nino is going to hit NorCal until the rain has washed the whole state smooth.

The level of sog is reaching epic levels. Gonna need more bounce :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

We're getting hit by the storm here in southern Indiana. It's calmed a little, earlier it was a complete whiteout.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453483253.891546.jpg

Keep it down there  ;) - central OH here; this storm is supposed to miss us. I do feel bad for those losing power in the South. We've been there and done that and it's no fun!

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US

wbealsd, here is the link for Orlando weather.....looks like Monday Tuesday & Friday are your best bets....

Thanks Foz!  I've been following Weather Underground.  Monday is travel day & Wednesday is all day "Show Day," as for the rest of the week, I might skip Demo Day and stay at the Inn to play.  Fortunately, we'll be able to play all day Saturday, too.  It looks like we can rearrange our schedule a bit for weather and high 50-low 60 weather is like "Spring Golf" in my neck of the woods.  Thursday morning looks like it might be playable, too.

In any case, it will be a lot more golf than I'll see at home for a few months ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Snowed in right now on Long Island and getting ready to watch golf. Have a few more hours of heavy snow then time to dig out.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived