Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bridgestone's New JGR Hybrid Irons

You're right & it's too bad. I have a set and they have been an unbelievable find for me. I have dropped my HDCP 6 strokes this year and these irons are a big reason why.

Got to hit these when we visited Bridgestone this past spring. Good lord how silly easy to hit - and they just want to go straight.

Bridgestone is funny - they make some pretty awesome clubs but when it comes to marketing and sales, it's all about the balls. Their golf club product manager left the company this summer. I'm scheduled to hook up with his replacement soon to talk about the 2017 offering. The J15 series will be completely updated after its 2 year product cycle - be interesting to see what they've come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Definitely, super duper game improvement looking irons. Aesthetically pleasing design and badging. Hope they come up with a mid-handicap version too.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I have hit these. They go straight. And high. We tried to curve them, but were only able to hit very small shaped cuts and draws.. Almost too forgiving.. And the lofts are a joke. There are 2 PW's The 7 iron is essentially a 5 iron, but flies on a 7 trajectory. If you can bet past the look, B-stone has a huge hit on their hands...

TOTALLY agree. Was fortunate to get a chance to hit these when Barbajo and I toured the Bridgestone facility in GA. They do look a little strange when you inspect the clubhead. However, at address they look pretty normal. The ball just flies off these clubs! The smoother I swung the club, the better the ball flight became. If I was looking for irons, these would be in my group to test for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Every High HDCP'er should hit these just once to feel what's like to hit a Forged Iron. It's so sweet! You won't go back to Cast.

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

Every High HDCP'er should hit these just once to feel what's like to hit a Forged Iron. It's so sweet! You won't go back to Cast.

And you've got a great feeling shaft in them as well, I bet that is a fantastic combination.   I really don't need irons and have resisted getting a "backup" set a couple times already this year.   

These don't need to be floating around in my head...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 months later...

Started playing the 7-8-9 irons as supplements to my previous set of Hogan FW 15s.  Found the clubs extremely easy to hit straight and LONG.  Chose to ignore lofts until they had been played for a few round and have finally settled with adding back one of the Hogan FWs to fill a gap in distance/loft. The forged feel is very similar to my previous forged sets.  Many players of other brands would do well to give these a try.  I have a choice of any brand and choose my clubs on performance and feel.  The BS JGR fill the bill on both counts.  Ike

• 3 months later...

In reference to my 05 November 2016 post, I have since added the P2 and  A wedge to my set, 44 and 50 degrees.  Both have a new Paderson shaft for trial and will be adding the P1 soon.  Not decided yet, but will probably match the rest of the set with Steel Fiber shafts.   I do like the Paderson and they are selling well, but Steel Fiber is a tough competitor for consistency.  Not to say the Paderson is not consistent, they are not for the same market.

Have read a bit in this forum about looking like grandpa's chipper and other ilk, but unless you have actually hit these heads and seen the results and felt the sensation of smoothness your comments do not merit much.   Ike

Archived