Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

wilson fg tour m3 driver

Purchased this driver late fall 2015.  Game changer for me, lost my slice gained distance.  Have been playing on simulators since November due to weather.  Today, warming up before selecting course to play, I hit a drive that produced a loud thud with no distance.  Looked at the head and noticed a crack from the housel across the face and about a inch down the toe.  I have seen cracks in drivers but not to the extent of this.  Ironically, my fg tour m3 3 wood bushing at the housel, also showed a defect lowering about a 1/4 inch down the shaft.  This was brought to my attention from my wife, as I was forced to complete our game driving with my 3 wood.  Every golfer at the simulators said they have never seen a failure in a driver as mine.  Told to contact Wilson, which I did, sent pictures and awaiting there review.  Of course I can't find the receipt from Goldsmith.  I have been a big Wilson fan, play D100es iron/hybrids and infinite putters.  Maybe this is why pros play the irons but not the woods.IMG_0747.jpg

That is pretty strange Pops.  Let us know how this works out...I've found Wilson to be very responsive and helpful in cases such as these.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

For starters welcome pops. I'd be shocked if Wilson doesn't make good on your driver.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My weekly partner has been gaming the same driver for 2 years. He's a 6.5 Hcap and thoroughly loves the FG M3.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome pops! Hope Wilson replaces it soon. Where are you located? I'm in Florida... leaving on Sat to go home to the same temperature!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The face cracking would have no impact for the pros. They would just go get another from the tour van.

I bet Wilson makes good on it for you though, I've had a few heads crack and things break and the major OEMs are usually good about rectifying it.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Try and take it back to the golfsmith you bought it from as well. Even if you lost the receipt they should be able to look you up by name or credit card

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Just received an email from Wilson golf.  I will be sending my clubs for repair at no charge to me.  How good is that!  Best customer service ever.  I live in southeast michigan.  I changed clubs from cobra to wilson about a year and a half ago.  The clubs have improved my game noticeably.  

Are they sending you a new head or what? The same thing happened to me about a year ago with the same driver and they said they were out of m3 heads so they sent me a D200 head. Which I enjoyed the D200 but not near as much as the M3.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Just received an email from Wilson golf.  I will be sending my clubs for repair at no charge to me.  How good is that!  Best customer service ever.  I live in southeast michigan.  I changed clubs from cobra to wilson about a year and a half ago.  The clubs have improved my game noticeably.

Welcome to MGS and hope it works out well for you on the driver!

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Welcome Pops. I have done this to a few drivers also and also had them replaced. Glad Wilson is taking care of the issue for you.

If anyone remembers the Adams Redline driver those were the worst I did this to 4 in a 5 week span. Eventually they sent me back a check instead of a driver and said sorry you swing to fast and this driver wasn't built for people like you. Haha

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Sent my clubs in Chris O, Wilson told me they were going to repair them, with a 7 to 14 day turnaround.  So I don't really have any specifics.    Hey KCLeo12, just finished Pebble Beach at the simulator.  Guess what driver I used?  My old Adams Redline.  How ironic.

Welcome to the group! This is the 5th or 6th time I've heard about a driver crack on the crown in the last month or so. Sounds like somethings up with some materials going around

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

These issues remind me of the same issue we used to have while playing softball, when they went to the double wall bats and then eventually composite materials, the manufacture used to say that using them in temperatures below 70 degrees could cause them the crack or break, because of the extremely thin walls. Sounds like this is the same issue.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for clubs, hope to find out something this week.  Can anyone tell me why golf tournament coverage on tv, no matter what channel, never shows the full leaderboard?  I know there are times when they do, but it is rare.  I hate to have to go online to follow my preferred players.

Just wanted to let everyone know Wilson delivered what they said.  Received clubs late afternoon Tuesday 3/1/16.  My fg tour 3 wood was repaired (hosel adapter), and I received a new D200 driver.  An fg tour m5 driver would have been nice, but giving me a new driver without proof of purchase for my damaged one is more than fair.  I hit the D200 this morning.  Just as forgiving as the fg tour m3, and found out I didn't have to swing as hard to get comparable distance.  Nice match for my D100 es clubs.  Thanks Wilson.

Gamed that D200 last season -- really really nice and very underrated driver.  Enjoy it!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

These issues remind me of the same issue we used to have while playing softball, when they went to the double wall bats and then eventually composite materials, the manufacture used to say that using them in temperatures below 70 degrees could cause them the crack or break, because of the extremely thin walls. Sounds like this is the same issue.

With you on that one. I've cracked and busted so many softball and baseball bats I can't even count anymore. The composite ones were strange though. They got the hottest right before they caved in. Sounded like crap too.

Glad they made it right for you OP. Congrats

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived