Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

shortpar4.com

hckymeyer

Has anyone used shortpar4.com for clothes?

It's one of those sites where you sign up and they send you a box every month.  It's $45 and supposedly you get at least $100 worth of items.  I'm sure the MSRP on the tag and the price you would pay to go out and buy it are two very different things, but still seems like a good deal for the most part.

There is a long thread over on WRX about it with lots of pictures of what has come every month.  Some months seem pretty good, some not as much.  They also have a referral deal where if you get someone's code you get $20 off your first box.  There are a ton of referral codes on that thread on WRX as well.

Figured I'd give it a shot at $25 for the first month.  You can cancel at any time so if I don't get anything good in the first one I don't think I'll stick around.

If you want to see what's been in the boxes you can check out the thread here

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1165517-shortpar4com/

And just in case anyone is interested in trying out here is my referral code.  For transparency if you use it you will get $20 off your first month and I will get 50% off my next month.  Also feel free to grab a code from the WRX thread, I'm not pandering :)

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/ZM22PG3

Last note, there is also a $10 off your first box code on their Facebook page.  I tried stacking both codes and it didn't work.  You can only use one code on an order.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've always been a little suspicious of those - my daughter got me a BogeyBox for Christmas a couple of  years ago and I would up with a decent FJ shirt, a dozen ProV's and a bunch of junk.  This one, however, might not be bad...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've always been a little suspicious of those - my daughter got me a BogeyBox for Christmas a couple of  years ago and I would up with a decent FJ shirt, a dozen ProV's and a bunch of junk.  This one, however, might not be bad...

I remember BogeyBox, never signed up because most of the boxes seemed filled with junk accessories I'd never use.  At least this one is all clothing stuff.

My wife signed up for Stitchfix a while back (women's clothing with same type of deal) and she really likes it.  Plus she doesn't have to go shopping anymore which is a win in my book.  

One thing Stitchfix does that I wish Shortpar4 did was well was allow you to choose the frequency of the boxes.  It would be nice to be able to choose every other month, or every quarter instead of only being sent one every month.

I have a feeling if I wind up with any more golf clothes Mrs. Barbajo would probably stick me in the Shortpar4 box and send me back...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This sort of stuff/promotion doesn't have any appeal to me. It's kind of like the Omaha Steaks of clothes. Kind of good but not real good. I do occasionally buy clothes online... shoes, or perhaps a sport coat. The difference is I picked them out and most times I've ordered from the company before and have confidence. And besides with box of steaks you get to at least go hang around outside by the grill and drink a few beers.

Just my opinion. But thanks anyway Hcky.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Trust me I'm with you. Never signed up for anything like this before. I'm basically using it to get a box for $25 and quitting.

Not trying to get anyone else to sign up, just wondering if anyone has used it and if you got good stuff or crappy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for the first box for $25 as well. Should ship out on the 15th. I'm hoping it is worth it!

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

• 3 weeks later...

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458427079.142793.jpg

Just received my first Short Par 4 box and am quite pleased. The box contained 2 clothing items and a SP4 poker chip. $80 Chase 54 shorts and a Under Armour cold gear 1/4 zip pullover. You can't go wrong trying it at least for one month. Use this code and get $20 off the first box.

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/8K6RTLQ

What's in my bag...

Still waiting on my box, should be here Monday.

What style did you pick?

I went with loud and wild. The shorts fit that style. The black pullover may be a little conservative though. Still nice.

What's in my bag...

Just got my first box for Short Par 4 and I picked all styles. I got a Chase 54 cardigan and True shoes along with the poker chip.  My first instinct was to dislike this box.  I have similar True's already, but I tried them on and they are pretty comfy and fit well.  Worst case is I wear them for a few rounds of golf and turn them in to every day casual shoes for the summer.  The cardigan is something I would have never bought myself, but after trying it on I really like the fit and it's very comfortable.  I'll be giving it another month to see what I get next time.  Here's a picture of what I got.  Not too bad for $25 I guess :)

Short Par 4.JPG

If anyone wants to sign up and save $20 of their first box here is my referral code.

http://shortpar4.refr.cc/ZM22PG3

• 2 months later...

Just got my first box for Short Par 4 and I picked all styles. I got a Chase 54 cardigan and True shoes along with the poker chip.  My first instinct was to dislike this box.  I have similar True's already, but I tried them on and they are pretty comfy and fit well.  Worst case is I wear them for a few rounds of golf and turn them in to every day casual shoes for the summer.  The cardigan is something I would have never bought myself, but after trying it on I really like the fit and it's very comfortable.  I'll be giving it another month to see what I get next time.  Here's a picture of what I got.  Not too bad for $25 I guess :)

This is the attitude more people need to take. I saw plenty of people complain about a box like that because they didn't like the items. You saw something that normally you wouldn't purchase and wound up liking it (green eggs and ham all over again). I cannot tell you the amount of people I see on facebook trashing this stuff because they don't get the concept at all. Someone is picking out items based on a small set of criteria you have given them. They don't know their clients personally (except for a very select few) and they are sending out items classififed by your style selection and sizes. I'm about 7 or 8 boxes deep and based on the number of referrals I have, I will be a customer for years to come. In those boxes I have gotten 1 item that was not me and never would be me, a camo adidas climnacool shirt and I love adidas golf shirts. But, I never would have worn it. Not sure if it's allowed here so I'll ask before posting, but we have a FB group for people who want to sell/trade/post items if interested and allowed I can post the link to the group. about 1k members.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Archived