Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bogey Box - A Different Way to Purchase Golf Apparel

SPY ZINGER

image1.JPG

BOGEY BOX

A Different Way to Purchase Golf Apparel

Let me start off by saying, this is not an article about golf apparel.  It is an article about how you select and purchase your golf apparel.  Bogey Box is not another subscription service either.  In fact, in many ways, it's not that different from making an apparel purchase from your golf professional at your home club.  There is a bit of a green grass, personalization feel to what they are offering.

image1 2.JPG

HOW THINGS WORK

Much like a green grass pro shop, Bogey Box has annual membership dues. $100 a year to be exact.  Once the membership obligation is satisfied, you will have access to a certified PGA Golf Professional that will act as your personal assistant in finding golf apparel.  Membership also includes:

-1 virtual golf lesson with a PGA Pro

-Unlimited shipping to and from Bogey Box

I contacted my personal PGA Pro and was asked questions about my style preferences.  We discussed in a fair amount of detail what brands I currently like, as well as fit (sizing) preferences.  After the call, my Pro sent me an email which included three premium branded outfit selections. He asked if I wanted any changes, or if something stood out that I did not like.  I requested one of the outfits to serve as a business casual selection for work.  After your final approval is made, the apparel selections are shipped.

image2 2.JPG

image3 2.JPG

Upon receiving the Bogey Box apparel selections, I was surprised at how accurate they got the styling and fit preferences.  I mean, they nailed it with each and every piece.  I discussed how preferred more of a trendy business casual look to apparel.  I prefer that my golf shirts and pants have a slim or tailored fit to them.  I don't want them to fit tight, but I do not want to have any excess bagging.  All of the selections fit my preferences, sizing, styling, and overall appearance was spot-on precise.

image4 2.JPG

Including in the box is a run-down of the contents, including the brands and pricing.  Bogey Box limits you to ten days to try on all of the enclosed apparel, review the pricing, and make your final selections.  Customers are under no obligation to purchase any of the items.  Enclosed a prepaid return shipping label.  Simply place the items you don't wish to purchase back into the box, and leave it on your porch for pick-up.  Bogey Box retains your credit card information, and you'll get automatically charged for the items that are not contained in the return box.

54bc5896d3c0607b2d90a469_bb-logo-white.png

WHO IS THIS FOR

Bogey Box is a service for the guy that either does not like to shop, needs some assistance in putting together their wardrobe, or someone that just does not want to spend much time on either task.  You can set up a shipment as often as you like and the requests can be manual or automatic (monthly, quarterly, etc.)  I was extremely pleased with their apparel selections, as well as the fit and finish of the products. 

There is no surprise in the ease of use, Bogey Box is as easy as it sounds.  I appreciate the fact that unlike online ordering, you don't pay for anything until you've tried it on, and decided you want to keep the pieces.  With their price matching policy, you're not going to be paying anymore that you would elsewhere.  I like their depth of product, and they offer things that are not commonly found inside the big box.  But as mentioned, all of this personalized service and convenience comes with an annual fee.  It's definitely for the guy that places an absolute premium on convenience.

image3.JPGimage7.JPGimage4.JPG

Posted Image

I might actually benefit from this. I hate shopping and I hate trying to coordinate outfits. I signed up. Have an "appointment with my pro" at 11:15 tomorrow morning. The one thing I didn't see is what it actually costs when you receive a shipment.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I might actually benefit from this. I hate shopping and I hate trying to coordinate outfits. I signed up. Have an "appointment with my pro" at 11:15 tomorrow morning. The one thing I didn't see is what it actually costs when you receive a shipment.

The price list is in the second third photo. Keep in mind they have a price match program too. Please share your experience here too.

Posted Image

Again.. this has absolutely no appeal to me. I'm a guy and this type of "boutique" service seems a little feminine to me. I'm not a big clothes shopper by any means and don't really enjoy it all that much. But it has to be done so I do it when necessary or as needed. I can tell you for sure that my Pro Shop isn't going to be assisting me or anyone with Style selections or fit. And... on top of that their stuff is all over priced and has the club logo plastered on most items. I'm not helpless and don't require any special assistance or service to match up some clothing. Buck up guys. Locally I know where to shop and when to shop. If I need a few shirts, shorts, pants, etc. I know where to get the stuff. I can usually dash in; grab some items get out. If something doesn't fit right or I change my mind I can return it in a day or two when I feel like it. Again... no biggie.

I almost hate to say it but I will..... this type of stuff is so GirlyMan. Buck up and man up guys. Go grab some stuff and hit the course.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I called and talked to the pro. Plaid I see where you're coming from. Not exactly an "old school" type of thing. Basically I told him what I'm looking for. He'll be sending me a preview email with items that he picks out and I can review it and tell him if I don't like something and he'll swap it out. Once we confirm, he'll send the shipment out. I can try everything on and whatever I don't want or doesn't fit I can easily return as they include a return label with every shipment. In the end I can receive shipments as often as I choose to and only pay for the items that I keep. I also like that I'll be getting stuff from smaller companies rather than big name stuff like Nike and Under Armour. I also like that it's not a subscription service in that they don't just send you crap every month. I think it's a neat idea for a business and it's pretty cool the way they handle it.

Once I get the shipment preview email later I'll share it on here.

So buying clothes online makes one a girlyman?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'd like to see the plaid long sleeve shirt as a polo. Unfortunately, being the sole income with 3 kids right now, my golf apparel collection won't be expanding soon, and if so, it's Costco, UA outlet and Target. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Again.. this has absolutely no appeal to me. I'm a guy and this type of "boutique" service seems a little feminine to me. I'm not a big clothes shopper by any means and don't really enjoy it all that much. But it has to be done so I do it when necessary or as needed. I can tell you for sure that my Pro Shop isn't going to be assisting me or anyone with Style selections or fit. And... on top of that their stuff is all over priced and has the club logo plastered on most items. I'm not helpless and don't require any special assistance or service to match up some clothing. Buck up guys. Locally I know where to shop and when to shop. If I need a few shirts, shorts, pants, etc. I know where to get the stuff. I can usually dash in; grab some items get out. If something doesn't fit right or I change my mind I can return it in a day or two when I feel like it. Again... no biggie.

I almost hate to say it but I will..... this type of stuff is so GirlyMan. Buck up and man up guys. Go grab some stuff and hit the course.

"Get off my grass!!!"

Sorry Plaid, I refuse to get that worked up over anything having to do with clothes shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Here's what I got. I'm a fan of the choices. My only criticism would be that prices are not listed in the email. For me, that would be a reason to reject an item.

1456253894810.jpg

1456253926418.jpg

1456253962428.jpg

1456253983798.jpg

1456254009708.jpg

1456254023128.jpg

1456254035248.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Here's what I got. I'm a fan of the choices. My only criticism would be that prices are not listed in the email. For me, that would be a reason to reject an item.

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-55-44.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-54-26.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-54-44.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-54-50.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-55-02.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-55-26.png

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-55-33.png

Sent from my SM-G925V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looks nice!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

LOL.... I knew I'd step in it. LOL

I buy some clothes online occasionally. I've said so before here in the forum. However, I think it's kind of chick to buy cute little boxes of clothes. So what? I'm OLD school remember?. But now that I've said Girlyman don't get offended or have me banned. If you don't think you're (trigger word) Girlyman then fine. And if you are Girlyman... well I don't hate you. SpyZinger is a self admitted Girlyman. That's fine. I'd still play golf with him as long as he doesn't want to play the ladies tee. LOL

:D

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Now this is me personally and this is my opinion. I am old school like PJ and I like to go and pick my own stuff. Now being a big guy I am extremely hard to fit and actually have to try stuff on. I guess if I was more normal sized like most of you guys I would take a look perhaps. I can see where it would work for some folks. Now my Dad who was a fashioneaster taught me well as in I can match up my own stuff pretty well. My wife will even tell you that.  But all in all it is like everything else it will work for some and not for others

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Does the name "Bogey Box" give the right vibe? Maybe, could've at least tried par if they don't like birdies

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Plaid, I am rarely offended by anything. At the end of the day, I live the fantasy of every housewife in Minnesota. I get to wake up with myself every morning.

It's one of the reasons I keep my lovely bride at a safe distance. She might lose control.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I can't say I blame you.

LOL reminds me of an old Mac Davis song "Lord it's Hard To Be Humble" of course probably PJ , Nifty , Rev , Foz and myself are the only ones on here old enough to remember that song   :D

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I certainly do Stu. Or perhaps this one.... "Baby, don't get hooked on me"

I liked ole Mac.

My box is getting sent out today. Swapped out a pair of pants. $150 for a pair was a little steep for me.

Hey Stu, you mean this one?

https://youtu.be/QCsNunGnqE0

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived